Looking for a Gen II RT/10

AaronFL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

I have been dreaming of having a Viper since I was 6 and the time has finally come. I am looking for a Gen II RT/10 in red or yellow. I've been scouting craigslist, autotrader, and eBay for a couple of months and haven't found anything nearby. I am now willing to travel a bit to see one. I live in Gainesville, FL right now. Does anyone know of any nice Gen II's around SE USA?

Thanks!
Aaron

djviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What gen2 years are you interested in? I'd recommend a 99 (forged internals, 18" rims, interior upgrade) or a 2001-2002 (ABS vipers).

Big Mac

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a Red 1996 RT/10 with under 30k miles on it that's about to hit the market. It's all original except new PS2's and a clear bra. I sent you a PM.

scottmcc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Aaron
I live in Naples and I see a couple of GEN 1's in the Ft Meyers craigs list. There are 2 1995's one is Green with 27,000 miles for $29900 and the other is Yellow with 20,000 miles for $33,000

I will keep my eye open for a GEN II

Last edited:

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought the selection of Vipers in Florida would be huge...Here in Vancouver, we're lucky if there is one Gen2 on the market.

OP
OP
A

AaronFL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, guys! I really appreciate it. The selection of Gen IIs is definitely slimmer than I thought. In the mean time, I have a 2004 Chrysler Crossfire coupe 6spd for sale, haha.

hemihead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Aaron,
Take your time, the right car is not necessarily the first one you see. Do your homework on it, there is lots of good information on these forums on what to look for. You'll know the car when you see it, if you ask nice local club members are usually willing to check them out for you.
Have Fun!

OP
OP
A

AaronFL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Hemihead!

I will definitely take your advice. A few club members have helped me out already. The response from the club has been great and I think I found one too. I checked it out last weekend and will be getting it this weekend after I have it looked over. Sleeping has been rough these past few days. I think I have been getting an average of 4 hours of sleep a night...too excited!

BTW, my grandparents live in W.Bloomfield Hills, MI by you. That's a great area! I grew up in Holland, MI until I graduated high school and decided to move to Florida to learn the art of drilling on teeth, haha.

Stay safe!

scottmcc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Aaron,

Congratulations on your find! I know exactly what you are going through, I can still remember the exictement and thrill of my Viper purchase. You have so many things to look forward to. First being, just sitting in your garage staring at your Viper grinning from ear to ear telling yourselft that you can't believe you have a Viper in your garage and its yours.. Then your wife comes in and says " Are you ever going to come back in the house?"

BTW, I just moved here to Naples from Muskegon Michigan..Feels good to not have to shovel snow dosent it?
Florida Bonus: Get to drive our Vipers year round instead of staring at your Viper in the Garage for 5 months..

Autoformsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys...it's a beautiful morning here in Holland Mi...gray clouds coming off the lake...rain and 40...it's going to get better this afternoon with the rain changing back to Lake Effect snow....can't believe you guys miss this...your loss!!! Enjoy the sun and your Vipers!

daveg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aaron,

First being, just sitting in your garage staring at your Viper grinning from ear to ear telling yourselft that you can't believe you have a Viper in your garage and its yours.. Then your wife comes in and says " Are you ever going to come back in the house?"
LOL.. Scott, we must be "Body Doubles" I did the EXACT same thing when I purchased!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang