Looking for a Gen2 Window Regulator

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking for a Window Regulator for a 1998 RT/10. I have access to the Chrysler database and the last new one is at Jim Clark Dodge in Tucson, AZ (but it is spoken for).

I have called Paul Sharf, Chuck Tator, ViperParts Larry, X2 Builders, XVipers, PartsRack and found zero.

Does anyone have one they would like to sell?

• 1998 Viper RT/10
  • Windows Regulator (motor/cable/guide track)
  • Drivers Side
  • Part # 04763283
Thanks,

Jerry Dobson
Kansas City

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you need the whole thing or just parts of it? I know its a single part from Dodge but if its just the clip that is broken you can get a replacement from other sources :)

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We sent him the clip, but in a rare 25% deal, its the regulator. I have a car due in MONDAY with both regs...... I emailed you

OP
OP
J

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks JonB! I do need the entire piece.

Here is what happened. The vertical window seal that always tears came lose and fell into the door. It jammed the window and the guy that owns the car kept trying to free it. In doing so it broke the plastic doohickey.

I thought that was all I needed. I tried to install the new plastic piece and discovered the cables are too short. What has happened is the cables have wrapped inside the motor after breaking lose from the plastic piece.

Lesson: Once your window snaps and won’t move, don’t attempt to free it by going up and down with the window switch. You are just wrapping the cables into the motor.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, Same thing happened on mine. Drill off the top of the rivet holding the metal cover which the wires are wrapped under. You will then expose the twisted wires. Carefully unwrap the wires from the plastic guide. Put one end of the wire in a Vice and holding the other end of the wire with a pair of pliers try to pull the wire straight. (You will also need heat to do this), I used a small gas blow lamp. Attach the wires to the new clip and then to the blue plastic guide wheel. It takes some effort, but then push the blue plastic guide wheel back over the central shaft.

Your next problem is then trying to work out a way of holding on the metal cover which was removed earlier! I drilled a smaller hole centrally in the end of the shaft and used a self tapping screw and loctite to hold it in place :)

Its fiddly and a messy job what with the grease on the cables etc , but it worked for me :)

Mark :uk:

Vital Velocity

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What source is there for the plastic part? One of my plastic pieces broke off making my window be off track.

Oh yah;.....bump from the dead ;)

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I may be a little more specific...

New: Tator's Dodge or Parts Rack

Used: XVipers or ebay

If the entire regulator needs to be replaced, which happened to me, then you must find one from a wrecked car. It is my understanding that there are no more new ones in the country.

:usa:

Danino

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I actually just had mine replaced, I bought a clip and in the end it was useless bc my guy, who is a family friend, said that it will just break trying to fit the new clip. better off getting the whole unit and getting it over with.:(

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dittos. I'll only add that for good measure to ensure the cover stays on the case, I epoxied the cover onto the case and wrapped it with 2 zip ties. When I first went through this mess the case wouldn't stay on with the tapped screw, so I had to take extra steps. It's been at least 6 months now and no problems.

It will probably break tomorrow.

OK, Same thing happened on mine. Drill off the top of the rivet holding the metal cover which the wires are wrapped under. You will then expose the twisted wires. Carefully unwrap the wires from the plastic guide. Put one end of the wire in a Vice and holding the other end of the wire with a pair of pliers try to pull the wire straight. (You will also need heat to do this), I used a small gas blow lamp. Attach the wires to the new clip and then to the blue plastic guide wheel. It takes some effort, but then push the blue plastic guide wheel back over the central shaft.

Your next problem is then trying to work out a way of holding on the metal cover which was removed earlier! I drilled a smaller hole centrally in the end of the shaft and used a self tapping screw and loctite to hold it in place :)

Its fiddly and a messy job what with the grease on the cables etc , but it worked for me :)

Mark :uk: