Looking for clubs for track events, need help in SF Bay Area.

SF Final 286

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone know what clubs I can join, to go to some track events around here?
I am a member of CFRA, but am looking to increase the number of days I can go to the track. Any suggestions? I would like to go to the local Nor Cal tracks.
Thanks.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm also a CFRA member (car #2, although not attending much of late). You might also try Green Flag ( http://www.greenflagdriving.com ) and NASA (I think its http://www.nasaproracing.com ; not the space agency). I'm sure there are others - I've also done a number of events with Green Flag, but none with NASA although other Northern California Viper Club members do.

As an aside, if you're in San Francisco, why are you a member of the Central region? - S.F. is part of the Northern California region, and our events are normally around the Bay Area (we meet in San Jose).

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are quite a few clubs in Norcal.
If you are looking mostly at having fun with no competition or timed laps, GFDA and Shelby club are pretty good,the only caveat being that even in the advanced group,passing is restricted to straights.

Or...as Matt sugested, you can try my club (NCRACING.ORG).

We are a "full service" club offering free SCCA licensed instructors,race school, opentrack from novice to advanced drivers with open passing anywhere on the track, time trials,relay race and full wheel-to-whell racing.
We use the best timing system (AMB)and conduct our races under "vintage"rules (meaning no contact)
We run mostly Thunderhill,Sears,Laguna,Buttonwillow,Reno-fernley.
We always have a few Vipers ( Gavin Gear from the Central CA VCA is a good friend of mine)and offer a free membership as well than a 30% discount to new member.
If you give me your adress,I will put you on our mailing list and send you a discount coupon.

Luc. 00GTS

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and offer a free membership as well than a 30% discount to new member.

? More info please. Dave's been holding out on me. I thought the annual membership was just wrapped into the payment for the first track day?