Looking for encouragement.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
The Gen II will be easy. I DO HATE doing it to a Gen I with 5 hoses. Sean saved my bacon (more than once) when I had trouble purging the air from one of ours...check your "radiator cap" on top of the pressure bottle to be SURE that it works properly...i.e. holds pressure and pops off at correct pressure. I would also say that it is important to FULLY seat the hoses AND to tighten the clamps down WELL. I have always gone "lightly" on silicone, so I was NOT surprised to see the lower hose slip back a little after a few run cycles. Check for hose fit and watch for any leaks initially...and keep a close eye on the overflow bottle in the fascia.

P.S. cleaning sludge from that bottle can be a bear.

TacDoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I appreciate the help everyone. Janni, I just knew you would love that picture, LOL. See you all in Nashville.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Janni:
Hey - don't post that pic with me BEHIND you!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aren't you lapping him Janni?

TacDoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I try to do as much of the mechanical work on my car as I can, but the first attempt on a new area is always intimidating. Has anyone here ever done their own radiator emptying, Sean Roe Hose install, and radiator refill on a Gen 2. It does not seem like something requiring an engineering degree to do. Any encouraging words.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey - don't post that pic with me BEHIND you!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Just kidding - great time this weekend - great to put a face with a screen name.

We've flushed the radiator - but not replaced any hoses. Shouldn't be that bad at all....

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't forget to pull the two plugs in the bottom of the engine block on either side, I necked down a 3/8 drive extension for these. Don't bother with the tiny rad drain plug on the bottom of the rad, just pull the lower hose to drain the system...Your new Roe silicon upper hose has a bleeder valve at the high point to "burp" the system. But if you can, load the system under vacuum from the top of the pressurized coolant tank, about 25 inches, enough to completely collapse the upper and lower hoses. Then let the system load itself, by letting the system "****" the 3.22 gallons from pre-mixed one gallon jugs through one of the small lines off the pressurized coolant tank. This will ensure that no air is "trapped" in the system, and works well for me. I personally do 50/50 ethylene glycol/distilled water and one bottle of Redline Water Wetter, but I don't think 40/60 would hurt, and could help track temperatures.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96