Looking for more info on VOI9 Viper

BillyTheKid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im looking to find out how many VOI9 Coupes with the Arrow/Prefix upgraded engine package are out there, and possibly any insight from owners of one.
Thanks
Billy

Brad04Mamba

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can't answer your questions as I thought all of them were the same, and didn't come with any other options. I own #2, what kind of insight you looking for?

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought there were two options specific to the VOI 9 cars. The aero kit and a performance upgrade. Thought I heard only 3 to 6 cars got the performance option. One was for a SRT engineer.

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I can kind of answer this question. I've been working on a database of the VOI9 cars for fun.

According to the Viper Registry, 9 of the 100 came with the Mopar Performance Option installed by Prefix. Each one is designated by a circular badge on the rear bumper below the license plate and in between the stripes.

There are 2 other "options" that will differentiate some of the VOI9 cars. The first is the Aero package installed by Prefix. These cars will have the splitter and wing. The other option was the Vegas drive away cars. These were picked up by the new owners in Las Vegas at VOI9. Each of those cars has a circular logo on the B-pillar.

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Stretch! Forgot about the "badged" cars delivered @ VOI 9.

Wonder if any of the cars got both the aero and performance packages.

I have mounted one of the VOI 9 badges on the rear bulkhead of my car.

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So far I've found one that has both the Aero and Mopar Performance packages. It was for sale on the DuPont Registry earlier this year. The database is still a work in progress, but I'm hoping one day to have all the cars documented.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So far I've found one that has both the Aero and Mopar Performance packages. It was for sale on the DuPont Registry earlier this year. The database is still a work in progress, but I'm hoping one day to have all the cars documented.
If indeed, the car has the Arrow package, it is not street legal. Hopefully you realize this part.

OP
OP
B

BillyTheKid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do some more research, these were not street legal cars, in any state-buyers were required to sign a form stating so.
Not trying to start a fight here, but if they aren't street legal, how were they registered and plated and driven, because they were.
What research do you have that says they aren't?

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not trying to start a fight here, but if they aren't street legal, how were they registered and plated and driven, because they were.
What research do you have that says they aren't?
I cannot answer this question. Why not contact Arrow Racing regarding your question? If these are real Arrow cars, they should have the necessary paperwork that includes a form disclosing factory warranty and street legality being void.

OP
OP
B

BillyTheKid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cannot answer this question. Why not contact Arrow Racing regarding your question? If these are real Arrow cars, they should have the necessary paperwork that includes a form disclosing factory warranty and street legality being void.
Street legal is state by state. Certain modifications may or may not be legal in some states, but in a state without emissions inspections, engine modifications are not regulated.

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've done some research to try to find the answer to that very question. There are a couple of speculations I've found.

- The engine may not have gone through all the normal certification testing with the modifications in place since it was a limited group of vehicles, and therefore needs to be marked as "not for road use"
- The full exhaust did not have cats, and therefore is for "off road use only"

Either way that doesn't specifically answer the question, but it would be nice to find out the actual details.

Some interesting reading where this question was brought up in the past:

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads...ion-Coupe?highlight=mopar+performance+package

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads...en-May-1)?highlight=mopar+performance+package

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Street legal is state by state. Certain modifications may or may not be legal in some states, but in a state without emissions inspections, engine modifications are not regulated.
Gheez, k... Stretch gave you links to good info. Good luck.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember I nearly purchased a VOI9 with H-wheels, aero package, AND the performance engine. Cant remember what # it was. But it was brand new on the floor at the time (mid-2007'ish), and the selling dealer claimed it to be 1 of 1.

I ended up buying #31 which was such a killer car.... Miss it. (if anyone has #31, let me know, I know it well) These cars just POP coming down the road. Many of these sat around for a while, because of the GenIV debut.

Last edited:

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be nice to clear up the details of "street legal" status of the 9 with the Mopar Performance upgrade. The links above provide info, but not a definitive answer. Maybe someone can jump in and help us.

Taximan, the car I saw for sale several months ago did have the H-wheels as you described above. Given the odds, it likely was a 1/1 considering it had the 2 rare options and those wheels, but I haven't tracked down all the cars with the options so I don't know for sure yet.

Do you have any pictures of #31??

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One just popped up on FleaBay today. Although it doesn't claim to have the performance package, it does have the badge on the rear bumper- oh and a Paxton too:drive:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960