Looking for rear brake caliper parking lever arms

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Howdy. Sometimes people remove the rear brake caliper parking brake lever arms and I don't get them with the cores. Worse, sometimes they use a screwdriver to spread the hook that holds the parking brake cable and crack or break them. In the past I've purchased Dodge Monaco rear calipers ($120 each vs. $450 each for Viper!!) for parts, internal and external, since they are identical except for the casting. But, I am again out of arms.

If anyone has extra, knows where some are, wants to donate or barter, please let me know. Thanks.

dblankenbaker

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A service manual is a terrible thing to waste! Needle nose vise grips on the end of the parking brake cable work great for me.

I am ready to go 40mm rear brakes on my ACR. But want to stick w/the original calipers for the reason you list above. Check your e-mail...

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
" In the past I've purchased Dodge Monaco rear calipers..."

Tom...any luck finding usable Monaco calipers via something such as

junkyarddog.com

???

OP
OP
T

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haven't tried, Steve. To date I've bought new ones, replaced the parts I wanted with unuseable Viper parts and returned them. There's a core charge, so net cost was ~$80. But I will look into junkyards in the future.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960