Looking for Recommendation

eelbitar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 2005 Viper makes some kind of clicking noise in the back. I took it to the dealer, I was told it is a normal thing to hear some kind of clicking noise on these kind
of cars since they are made as a race car .
my question is, is that true? And is there any recommendation for a shop that specializes in Vipers in Southern California? I use to go to DC Performance, but they
are out of business. Please let me know for any recommendation.

Thanks,

Torquemonster06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our 06 does the same thing. If it is the same nooise im thinking it "could" be your axle nut. Ive had mine tightened twice in 4 year. Deff check the link above. Ive heard nothing but good things about Dan. Hope this helps.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'll probably want to add a bit more info describing how/when it happens;
-upon accelerating
-upon brakeing
-pullin out of turns
-just gliding over chuck-holes
-etc, etc

There are very knowledgable people on here... help them help you.
Good Luck with it,
Mike

OP
OP
E

eelbitar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The noise I am talking about comes out when the car is at a complete stop. For example, at a stop sign or traffic light as I am taking off i hear a clicking sound. DC Performance put a new rear end but that did not help, and the Dodge dealer replaced the shocks and the noise did not go away. But the mechanic at the Dodge dealer told me that this clicking noise will
never go away, it's normal for this kind of car. Any by the way, I just got a clutch replaced at the Dodge dealer and just noticed there is a grinding sound coming out of the back also when I come to a complete stop, and turn the wheels to the left, and start moving for example getting into my garage. Not consistently, but every once and awhile. Any ideas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi