Looking for some advice on an 03 viper value and looking to buy a gen 3 right away.

jerseydave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is my first post on this forum of hopefully many more to come! I'm looking to buy a Gen 3 viper-preferably in Red and have been looking for one for quite some time, I'm looking for one with under 10k on the odometer and have found several with 1-5k that were claimed to be in excellent condition, only to find serious curb rash, numerous scratches, interior damage-etc. On the other end of the spectrum, I've found some low mileage vipers with outrageous gen 4 price tags. I missed out on one Gen 3 owned by a dodge dealer and never titled with 1000 miles for 42k only because I couldn't schedule a meeting quick enough. I'm currently looking at an 03 with under 5k for the upper 30's, problem being that the wheels have some rash, there appears to be a small oil leak, and the left side of the car was repainted-owner claimed to have bought it that way new. Paint was actually on the interior door panel of the vehicle and looked good to my wife, until I showed he what made it shoddy workmanship. I have a friend of mine that can fix the mess, but It may not be worth my time. If you were to buy a viper in such condition-how much would you pay and if you have something for sale-in excellent condition-let me know.

Thanks
Dave

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Looking for some advice on an 03 viper value and looking to buy a gen 3 right awa

I highly doubt you will find a decent 03 with under 5k for upper 30s and I would really steer clear of that car with rash, leaks, etc. Take a look at the classifieds on here and also the used inventory at the dealers that advertise here. Give a call to Bill Pemberton at Woodhouse Dodge too. Take your time in making the investment for the right car.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Looking for some advice on an 03 viper value and looking to buy a gen 3 right awa

If you wait for a VCA member owned car, you'd avoid all the "used car purchase" issues. It's SO worth paying a few % more (if that) for a well bred Viper!

V

Venomiss

Are you really from Jersey?

OP
OP
J

jerseydave

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Are you really from Jersey?
Whats it to ya? The attitude should answer it all. Born and raised, but moved away from the state of taxation a few years ago.

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Call John Gastman at Roanoke Motors-1-800-541-6858. They are the biggest and best Viper Dealers in the world!! He has several gen3 red Vipers. You pay a little more but you get what you are paying for.:2tu:
As you can see I have a red 06 bought new from Roanoke Motors. They are the best!!

I sent you a PM also

Last edited:

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I started out on this site with a smilair post. I was looking for a Gen 1 but ended up with a Gen 3. Never looked back, oh by the way it took 2 years to find the right car. There are alot of shady cars out there. Wait till you waste 8 hours of your day looking at one, that someone wasn't honest about.

V

Venomiss

Whats it to ya? The attitude should answer it all. Born and raised, but moved away from the state of taxation a few years ago.

If you still lived there this might come in handy:
NJ Viper Club

If you can tell us the area you are from you might want to contact the nearest local ViperClub to see if anyone has what you are looking for.
Close enough to check out the car, meet the owner, and get background on it too.

Just in case you didn't see this area before. Listing all dealers/vendors/reviews and contacts.
http://forums.viperclub.org/new-products-supplier-specials-group-buys-vendor-reviews/

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
J

jerseydave

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I started out on this site with a smilair post. I was looking for a Gen 1 but ended up with a Gen 3. Never looked back, oh by the way it took 2 years to find the right car. There are alot of shady cars out there. Wait till you waste 8 hours of your day looking at one, that someone wasn't honest about.

Just wasted an entire Sunday, I know you feel my pain. Thanks to this site I have several potential vipers to look at! Thanks Guys!

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score

HI JerseyDave...I just pm'd you..

Mike

V

Venomiss

Did you buy one yet?

OP
OP
J

jerseydave

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Did you buy one yet?

:DJust bought one! 2004 with 2000 miles, VIPER RED, looks brand new!! I pick it up on the 22nd! As soon as I pick it up I'll post pics under a separate post. :drive:

Thanks for the help!!

gilly6993

Viper Owner
Reaction score

:DJust bought one! 2004 with 2000 miles, VIPER RED, looks brand new!! I pick it up on the 22nd! As soon as I pick it up I'll post pics under a separate post. :drive:

Thanks for the help!!

Congrats!!!!!:headbang:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kodiakleather