Looking for tires

98viperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am in need of some used but still good to use tires. They need to be 295 - 315 or anything in between. 17 inch rim. I don't have a huge amount to spend thats why I am looking for something used. Thank you.

OP
OP

98viperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
LOL, Yeah I am going to call Jon but I will not be making that call on a MONDAY. I will wait till Tuesday. LMAO!

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Hate to ask - but why would anyone go cheap on tires on a Viper. With all of the HP and Torque - the only thing between you and a wreck are the tires. I could only see using cheap tires if I was planning to enter a burnout contest - never on a Viper I was going to drive on the street. Just my $0.02 worth.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
LOL, Yeah I am going to call Jon but I will not be making that call on a MONDAY. I will wait till Tuesday. LMAO!..... Are 315 35 17 sumitumo tires worth $220 shipped for 2?

DONT MIS-MATCH tires. the age and tread matters. AGE, greatly so.

I have some nice used 17" Sport fronts in OE sizes..... rears are scarce. I can do ONE SET of brand new, V700 Kumhos, 275+335x17" for $749 all four ! Discontinued,but NEW Stickered set. ONE SET ONLY.

CUSTOMERS: Please feel welcome to call Mondays. If you go to voicemail, LEAVE A MESSAGE. My Monday Legend is just that. Its getting so best customers call MONDAYS.

SHOPPERS: If you require or demand in-depth service, (we like to provide it Tues-Friday) and are a STRANGER here, it wont likely happen without interruption on a Monday. Viper folks cruise, mingle, race, break, and DECIDE on Summer weekends. They call MONDAY. Mondays can therefore be hectic in the SUMMER MONTHS. My PASSION is Vipers....and I am lucky to be able to share the passion every hour of every day. I ENJOY the IN DEPTH sessions, especially with newbees, when customers are not holding. Unfortunately, there is less time to share on Summer Mondays.

We all have our pet peeves, right? Mine is to have to READ THE WEB STORE to a price-shopper, non-customer, while CUSTOMERS wait on hold. If you just wish to Shop: WELCOME! But please read and enjoy the website first........or if you want to have those long and fuzzy-chats, please call on a slower day than a Summer Monday Or Email questions.... I answer a LOT of mail in the wee-hours and between calls.

The recent 'black eye' event was with a claimed 2-3 viper owner over 6 years, but not ever in our CUSTOMER database. I had a flight to an EXCITING meeting in Detroit in 3 hours. I was to be closed all week. The call started friendly. Did I still give him a lot of info I thought might be helpful? YES! Was I ready to help him order something? HECK YES! I even placed a call or 2 on hold as I compared exhaist systems for him. Was I willing to give comparative part numbers? NO! Did I then get blunt? Yes. Get snippy? Maybe. Do I regret not having more time? Maybe. Fact is: he was never a customer here in 6 years with his 3 Vipers, and wanting just part-numbers (!) for comparison on a Monday, for stock I did not have on hand. On that day, at that moment, I had no further insights to share with this never-customer. He felt the need to tell the last 30% of the story in public rather than man-up. I did OK without him for 6 years......I probably sealed my fate with him for the next 6. Oh, well......Ive been known to mend fences with the willing.

Please call on SUMMER MONDAYs if you can be prepared to hold a bit, and be to-the-point if you are able. Go figure, here I sit on a SLOW MONDAY and Im able to talk about tires, and write this Epistle According to JonB......

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL Jon!!! Great eloquent words from you. I am one of the ones who was extremely fortunate to have caught you at a VERY good time, and we chatted for quite awhile...I stress to everybody just HOW enthusiastic you REALLY ARE about VIPERS!!!!! VERY knowledgeable, and helped me out with sorting things out...I am grateful for the time you took talking with me. Thank You. ~juli~

OP
OP

98viperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok, Here is what I am doing and let me know what is the best way to go about this. I bought some CCW track wheels, just to get a new look for the viper, not to track. They are 17X11.5 fronts and 17X13 rears. My 335's barely fit the rears and the 275 would not fit the fronts. I need to know what is my plan of action to get these wheels on.

You must be registered for see images

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ok, Here is what I am doing and let me know what is the best way to go about this. I bought some CCW track wheels, just to get a new look for the viper, not to track. They are 17X11.5 fronts and 17X13 rears. My 335's barely fit the rears and the 275 would not fit the fronts. I need to know what is my plan of action to get these wheels on.

These are Gen 1 era, 20-bolt CCW 17" wheels. BEST FIT: Go with 315 Front, 335 rear kumhos $779/set of 4. Fully treaded Kumhos, DOT rated. ONE SET ONLY....

DJ'sviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a set of 17" rims and tires. Pretty good condition. Rims are painted black. Bought them off ebay, pick them up form a guy in Illinois. He said they were about 5 or 6 years old. I need to check this out if it was true. Used them to drag 8 times. Decided I wanted larger rims and tire and got new 18 on front and 19 on back. They work great but the ebayer was pretty much a crook with burned out photos so you couldn't see how bad they were. The tires I'm selling are pretty good, rims painted flat black. $550.00 plus shipping.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96