Looking to add Air Conditioning/Any Ideas?

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 92 does not have AC. Dodge did offer a kit at one time, no more. Does anyone know of an aftermarket company that has a kit? Is it possible to buy the AC off a wrecked car and put it in my Gen 1? Any ideas? Thanks

Jim Sullivan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Jeff,
I had my 94 done at MacKenzie Air Conditioning in Billerica two years ago. He found the parts when everybody else threw their hands up. Nobody screwed with the car, system works great, and it was a competitive price. 978-667-1934, talk to Darrell.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I *think* that John Archer @ Archer Racing has a few factory kits for AC avaiable for sale. Contact him at 218.727.4806

They have recently come across MANY original equipment parts for Gen I's.....

OP
OP
J

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jim Sullivan- Thanks very much for the info. I will call today. Can't get better than Billerica from here. Only a 30 minute drive.
Janni- Thanks as well.
ViperJim- I think I understand your sense of humor now.
Red97Gts- I tried that first. No luck. But it is funny because once Dodge discontinues the parts. No body seems to know who the subcontactor was that supplied the parts to Dodge. When I called VCA headquarters to ask them who to talk to, they told me to ask my Dodge Dealer who the supplier was. I said the dealer told me they did not have that information. VCA said "They do too".

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As JonB told me, I got the last OEM A/C retrofit kit. He does have all the parts available to retrofit your car. Give him a call.

OP
OP
J

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jim- I did get the AC in the car last year. The way I put the whole thing together was; A very generous Viper Club Member offered to sell me the AC unit he took out of his car. He was only using his car for the track (Viperdays).
Sold me everything he took out for $ 500.00. Then with help from the above AC shop I was able to get a parts list. They looked over my parts and we ordered up the rest from Chuck Tator. That was $ 1500. When all the parts came in I took the car to the AC shop and they intalled the unit for $ 500.00. So all together it cost me $ 2500.00 to add the AC.
* I saw a thread last week about someone wanting to pull his AC unit out. I am afraid if you have to pay retail its going to cost you double what I payed.
Maybe you can get an AC unit off of a wrecked car.

Good luck.

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an entire system still on my car that I would sell. Contact me if your interested. It's a 2000 GTS

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4