Looking to buy 96-97 B&W GTS

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am now in a position to add a B&W GTS to my garage. I am looking for something stock or close to it (some exhaust or K&N, etc would be ok). Prefer mileage under 30k. All my arrangements are made and I am able to purchase as soon as I find the right car. I have been watching the classifieds and and all the other usual areas, however this post is to maybe find that owner that has been "thinking" about selling but hasn't listed yet. So if you have one or know of one that is "available", please shoot me a message.

I would love to visit with you.

Thanks, and have a safe new years eve...

Lee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently heard about a '96 that may be coming onto the market locally. It has roughly 700 miles on it and was an actual track day car at Indy. It won't be cheap but it may be a perfect condition '96. Let me know if this is something you're interested in.

The problem with the low mile cars out there (and there are quite a few) is your paying extra money for a car you can't drive. The one I just bought has 15k miles so I can enjoy the car but still have something that hasn't been trashed.

Good Luck, Lee

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry but I don't see any 97 bw at a dealer for 27k having "no stories." Dealers can still sell these cars in this market and that is why we are seeing some people just taking trade in's because they can afford/sell easier. Some people have had easy times selling to dealers. Some are very familiar with the current market and 27k on what you describe is too good to be true. Take your time and find something that you can afford and will not have regrets with.

OP
OP
X

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry but I don't see any 97 bw at a dealer for 27k having "no stories." Dealers can still sell these cars in this market and that is why we are seeing some people just taking trade in's because they can afford/sell easier. Some people have had easy times selling to dealers. Some are very familiar with the current market and 27k on what you describe is too good to be true. Take your time and find something that you can afford and will not have regrets with.

I am confused :confused:

I don't know what car you are speaking of. I certainly have not mentioned one? The B&W I would buy will be well in excess of that price range, I'm sure.

You are correct about one thing... I am being patient and looking for the right car.

Last edited:
OP
OP
X

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I recently heard about a '96 that may be coming onto the market locally. It has roughly 700 miles on it and was an actual track day car at Indy. It won't be cheap but it may be a perfect condition '96. Let me know if this is something you're interested in.

The problem with the low mile cars out there (and there are quite a few) is your paying extra money for a car you can't drive. The one I just bought has 15k miles so I can enjoy the car but still have something that hasn't been trashed.

Good Luck, Lee

I am right on board with your thoughts there Lee. And trust me, had I caught wind of your recent purchase I would have bought it too!;)

I am looking for exactly what you just got. It is the posterchild of my wish list. Congrats on a great purchase, you got a smoking deal!!!!!:2tu:

Last edited:

Lee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am right on board with your thoughts there Lee. And trust me, had I caught wind of your recent purchase I would have bought it too!;)

I am looking for exactly what you just got. It is the posterchild of my wish list. Congrats on a great purchase, you got a smoking deal!!!!!:2tu:

I just sent you a PM.

Cheers

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am confused :confused:

I don't know what car you are speaking of. I certainly have not mentioned one? The B&W I would buy will be well in excess of that price range, I'm sure.

You are correct about one thing... I am being patient and looking for the right car.

lol....I posted in the wrong thread. There is another floating around about a 27k BW GTS floating around and I accidentally clicked this one....:eater:

jwbond

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Be sure to check for drill holes from previous water/**** setups. I bought an 8K 96' gts that previously had a supercharger that I never knew about until Chuck Tator rebuilt the engine.

OP
OP
X

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for all the replies.:2tu:

That is why I love this forum... ask and ye shall receive...

I am going to go see one of them this week that I have been in discussions on. I will keep everyone posted on the progress.:drive:

OP
OP
X

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Update!!

Went and looked at a 97 at Roanoke today, and the car EXCEEDED my expectations, so I bought it.:headbang: John was a pleasure to deal with.

The car is absolutely stunning in person. The car is as clean on the bottom as it is on top. Truely a clean, clean, clean example of an unmolested B&W.

So hopefully in the next week or so they will be delivering this beautiful B&W to my door.:drive:

Here is a pic from the dealership today... will post more when it is home in the garage...

Thanks everyone for your input!

Attachments

• my97gts 008.jpg
    my97gts 008.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats you and Lee both Red and Blue cars. You need to bring those snakes to the Omaha Car show May15th.

Bruce

OP
OP
X

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats you and Lee both Red and Blue cars. You need to bring those snakes to the Omaha Car show May15th.

Bruce

Would love to Bruce. However the weekend of May 15th, & 16th is the first track day event of the year for me. Got a new race car I need to go play with:D:D:D

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
.......Went and looked at a 97 at Roanoke today, and the car EXCEEDED my expectations, so I bought it.... John was a pleasure to deal with.
..........Thanks everyone for your input!....

What'd I Tell Ya? Now, about those tires............

Congrats............

Lee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations!!! It looks like a great car.:2tu:

Just curious...they also have/had a '96 that they were asking the same price for - what made you chose the '97 over the '96?

Welcome to the red & blue car club!!!:cool:

OP
OP
X

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congratulations!!! It looks like a great car.:2tu:

Just curious...they also have/had a '96 that they were asking the same price for - what made you chose the '97 over the '96?

Welcome to the red & blue car club!!!:cool:

Thanks Lee...

To answer your question, early on in the discussions I just felt that the 97 was that tiny tiny bit nicer. Not that the 96 is'nt a nice car, it's just that the 97 had that little extra something that I "clicked" with. You know what I mean?

If all goes well I may have it as soon as Saturday, weather depending. :headbang:

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i don't care for the stripes going through the plate area on the 96 so I would have chosen the 97. that looks like a nice car. congrats