looking to get an 09 ACR

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am really wanting to get an 09 ACR in the same color combo as I have now and only 2 were built. I am looking to possibly sell my car to help fund the new one. Any ideas what I can really get out of my car. Is 75K out of line?

2008 Viper coupe GTS Blue with black stripes
Black interior
H wheels
Nav
2000 miles

http://forums.viperclub.org/album.php?albumid=88

Bruce

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would you be leaving the black 6 spokes on it, or putting the stock wheels back on? (or will both sets of wheels/tires come with it?). Thanks!

Lee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am really wanting to get an 09 ACR in the same color combo as I have now and only 2 were built. I am looking to possibly sell my car to help fund the new one. Any ideas what I can really get out of my car. Is 75K out of line?

2008 Viper coupe GTS Blue with black stripes
Black interior
H wheels
Nav
2000 miles

http://forums.viperclub.org/album.php?albumid=88

Bruce

I noticed that this was posted at midnight on a Friday night.

Did you and Carmen go out for a couple/few cocktails after work yesterday? Hanging out at The Waterfall or Two Fine Irishmen can cause a fella to make irrational decisions.

After sleeping it off are you still thinking about selling the car? I've seen it before...Friday night after work, a few cocktails - maybe a couple yeager shots, next thing you know the girlfriend is telling you about the cutest little PT Cruiser she saw at the dealership. I'm just sayin...:dunno:

OP
OP
B

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a local dealer has my car in an ACR. I almost wet myself looking at it.

Bruce

OP
OP
B

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would you be leaving the black 6 spokes on it, or putting the stock wheels back on? (or will both sets of wheels/tires come with it?). Thanks!

would be willing to sell with both. Just looking to even see if it is feasible.

Bruce

OP
OP
B

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are only 2 ACR's built in GTS Blue with black stripes from my understanding. Not the black centerband, just the strpies.

Bruce

OP
OP
B

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand the market and know that cars are going cheap, but this is a rare color combo (1 of 6) with 2 sets of wheels(if interested). It may be a pipe dream but thought I would post it up to see if anyone was interested.

Bruce

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might be better off just buying the ACR kit rather then selling yours.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand the market and know that cars are going cheap, but this is a rare color combo (1 of 6) with 2 sets of wheels(if interested). It may be a pipe dream but thought I would post it up to see if anyone was interested.

Bruce

Beautiful and rare color combo- if I only didn't already own a Viper..........

Good luck with the sale. Maybe you should check with the guy that just sold his black and blue and he can give you an idea about the demand for the color combo right now:dunno:

OP
OP
B

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beautiful and rare color combo- if I only didn't already own a Viper..........

Good luck with the sale. Maybe you should check with the guy that just sold his black and blue and he can give you an idea about the demand for the color combo right now:dunno:

I have not been able to reach him since he sold the car. I am still tracking these beauties. Thanks for the advice though. I am not real desperate by any means. I may try the classifiedes after the holidays wear off. Either way i think I own an awesome ride.

Bruce

dans69ss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would keep the '08 and buy the ACR. I've received 1 call on my '08black/orange coupe with 1,400 miles for $62,500. Tough times for used cars.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is a rare color combo but it is unique and as a result only a certain number of people would like it to purchase. I would say you are looking at low low $60s for your car and probably mid $50s for trade in depending on dealer and location. Of course if you end up purchasing from the dealer you can get a higher trade in but in all honesty they are making up the difference in the purchase of the new vehicle.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is a rare color combo but it is unique and as a result only a certain number of people would like it to purchase. I would say you are looking at low low $60s for your car and probably mid $50s for trade in depending on dealer and location. Of course if you end up purchasing from the dealer you can get a higher trade in but in all honesty they are making up the difference in the purchase of the new vehicle.
Are you the same person (many years ago when you were a KID)I had the mag guys (Evan )take you for a ride in my GTS during a VCA Zone event at Englishtown ?

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you the same person (many years ago when you were a KID)I had the mag guys (Evan )take you for a ride in my GTS during a VCA Zone event at Englishtown ?

Nope not me. The last time we spoke was about 6 months ago regarding 2008s. Maybe you are thinking of Ron? He is about 20 now. That is all that I can remember as young members in our NJ/NY group.

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would keep the '08 and buy the ACR. I've received 1 call on my '08black/orange coupe with 1,400 miles for $62,500. Tough times for used cars.

Dan,
I was very lucky that I got 80K for my 08 SSG Coupe but part of it was color and no mileage (135).....I just found someone that wanted that combo and was buying it for her hubby...I would have never bought my 09 ACR if I didnt sell it for that price..Now my ACR sits in the garage for 6 more months depreciating:(...I would love to have a 2010 SSG ACR( even the wife told me to wait) but I couldnt get it for invoice plus I will save 80K on registration fees when I do register it this Spring...
DONT sell your car for 62K!!!!!! unless your in dire straits!!! This is one of the main reason why Viper prices ****..Of course good ole Dodge didnt help us 08 buyers who ordered our cars by giving 20-30K discounts to get rid of stock..:rolleyes:.Good for buyers I guess if your not trading another Viper for it...Kevin

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My purchase was similar to Kevin's coupe buyer in the respect that I had to have a certain color combo. There was 1 for sale at the time(although I actually bought it before it officially hit the market-so technically there were zero) so I paid a bit more for it, but glad I got it. There were no SSG's being offered at ridiculously low prices at all, so the whole Dodge screwed the market on my deal was never really a factor. I would bet that there weren't any black and blue's at the bargain basement prices either.

Stay firm on your price and someone who just has to have it will come around eventually. For 2nd, 3rd, 4th time etc. Viper buyers color combo is important! You probably won't be at $75k, but you shouldn't need to settle for $62K by a long shot.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will save 80K on registration fees when I do register it this Spring

Utah registrations fees at 80K per Viper ? That's almost a house. Why would you buy a car & not an asset if you have to pay 80K in Registration Fees ????

dans69ss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan,
I was very lucky that I got 80K for my 08 SSG Coupe but part of it was color and no mileage (135).....I just found someone that wanted that combo and was buying it for her hubby...I would have never bought my 09 ACR if I didnt sell it for that price..Now my ACR sits in the garage for 6 more months depreciating:(...I would love to have a 2010 SSG ACR( even the wife told me to wait) but I couldnt get it for invoice plus I will save 80K on registration fees when I do register it this Spring...
DONT sell your car for 62K!!!!!! unless your in dire straits!!! This is one of the main reason why Viper prices ****..Of course good ole Dodge didnt help us 08 buyers who ordered our cars by giving 20-30K discounts to get rid of stock..:rolleyes:.Good for buyers I guess if your not trading another Viper for it...Kevin

Not in dire straits, just wanting to get something else :)

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will save 80K on registration fees when I do register it this Spring

Utah registrations fees at 80K per Viper ? That's almost a house. Why would you buy a car & not an asset if you have to pay 80K in Registration Fees ????

Frank,
LOL, No not 80K in fees..I guess I stated that the wrong way....My car was 100K so instead of having to pay roughly 7% registration fees on that amount I only have to pay 7% on 20K.......Kevin