Looking to sell and buy a GEN 2.........

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well guys, I have pretty much made up my mind that I want to sell my 95 Gen1 and Get into 00' Steel Grey. Basically it comes down to the fact that I would use the GEN 2 more often than i use mine. I honestly feel the windows on the GEN 1's are a major hassle. I hate driving with them, and i hate parking the car without them. Plus the wife hates the exhuast and refuses to go out in the VIPER. I want to see what you guys thought was a realistic price I will get for my car....here are the details....

95 RT/10 Green/Tan - 24k miles
03 - SRT Polished Wheels w/ BRAND NEW Michelin Pilots
GEN2 - Front Fascia
Cross drilled/slotted Rotors w/ EBC Green stuff pads
Roe Racing High Flow cats+ exhuast , K&N air intake kit.
96 windows (with sliding glass)
Interior TOTALLY replaced brand new(console, dash door surrounds, floor mats, etc)There is not one sratch on the dash!
All brushed aluminum accessories inside - A/C knobs, cig.,ashtray, door cups, door surrounds, side sill covers...
The paint is absolutely MINT. Overall condition would be 9+ out of 10.

I will post pics in a little bit anyone wants to see....I would love to get some of your thoughts on what this car should rake in.......My initial guestimate would be somewhere around $37k-$39k.

OP
OP
V

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
102836216107_0_BG.jpg

OP
OP
V

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, here is the rest.....Thanks guys! And thanks to Charlie for the REALLY cool one!
102836216107_0_BG.jpg

james53sm3.jpg

417156216107_0_BG.jpg

712836216107_0_BG.jpg

9918100_2432.JPG

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a beauty for sure. LOVE the interior, but I'm torn on this one. On one hand, green cars seem to get less $$; on the other, it's in great condition. It also depends if the head gaskets were done. If so, I'd venture a guess at 35-37k. But that's just me. I'm sure others will chime in.

Good luck with the sale. You'll miss the sidepipes!!

~Craig

OP
OP
V

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a beauty for sure. LOVE the interior, but I'm torn on this one. On one hand, green cars seem to get less $$; on the other, it's in great condition. It also depends if the head gaskets were done. If so, I'd venture a guess at 35-37k. But that's just me. I'm sure others will chime in.

Good luck with the sale. You'll miss the sidepipes!!

~Craig

Thanks...Chuck Tator went through the entire car recently and said the gaskets were perfect...so no issues there...mechanically the car is a 10. Thanks for your input!

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just saw this car posted up for sale somewhere, Ebay, Alley, I don't remember? Looks like a nice car. If I had to choose one or the other, I'd def. get a GENII for daily driving.

revived_gearhead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just sold my green 1995 this past Spring,that was identicle to yours, to a local dealer for #34K. It even had the same miles. Mine was also in mint condition. That being said, your right on the money for what your asking. That dealer has mine for sale for $39,900. The green RT/10's are a rare bird these days, and I received as many compliments on that car as I did on my '97 Blue/White GTS. I sold the RT/10 for the exact same reasons as you. You and the wife will be much more happy with the coupe. Especially on longer trips and cooler weather. Good luck!

OP
OP
V

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just sold my green 1995 this past Spring,that was identicle to yours, to a local dealer for #34K. It even had the same miles. Mine was also in mint condition. That being said, your right on the money for what your asking. That dealer has mine for sale for $39,900. The green RT/10's are a rare bird these days, and I received as many compliments on that car as I did on my '97 Blue/White GTS. I sold the RT/10 for the exact same reasons as you. You and the wife will be much more happy with the coupe. Especially on longer trips and cooler weather. Good luck!

Cool. Thanks a lot for your input. I really appreciate it.

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I too sold my '95 green rt/10 about a year ago. I got 34k for it in VERY similar condition as yours (but gen II wheels).

Living in the Pacific NW especially, we needed the coupe. It was a great decision and the GTS is much easier to just hop in and drive. No more BS about the windows, top, etc. However on those hot summer days, I miss the open car experience. Good luck on your sale. Believe it or not, mine sold because of the Autotrader ad - no bites from my classified ad here.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck with the sale. Sounds like the price is right. You should be able to get $35,000 without a problem. If you are willing to wait, you should be able to get $37,000 or more. Any idea of what Steel Gray car you want? RT or GTS?

OP
OP
V

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck with the sale. Sounds like the price is right. You should be able to get $35,000 without a problem. If you are willing to wait, you should be able to get $37,000 or more. Any idea of what Steel Gray car you want? RT or GTS?
Whats up Keith? Yea honestly I will take either a GTS or RT/10, I am totally torn between the 2. As Long as the RT comes with the hardtop, i will take either car....Not to be a copy cat, but I would also consider a Sapphire Blue...My 2nd favorite color.... :headbang:

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Green is more of a true muscle car color like the colors were in the 60's and 70's. Those Gen III wheels with classic Gen I sidepipes are killer. Tator's approval is also an added value indeed.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just stumbled on a 1999 Silver RT/10 with 20K miles,hardtop, headers, cam, 2nd owner etc. Local guy, he was asking 36K, but would propably take less than that. Just in case you like silver.

OP
OP
V

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Green is more of a true muscle car color like the colors were in the 60's and 70's. Those Gen III wheels with classic Gen I sidepipes are killer. Tator's approval is also an added value indeed.

THANK YOU!

OP
OP
V

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just stumbled on a 1999 Silver RT/10 with 20K miles,hardtop, headers, cam, 2nd owner etc. Local guy, he was asking 36K, but would propably take less than that. Just in case you like silver.

Wow. Thanks Laurie..I would buy that car in a heartbeat if i sell my car. GREAT deal.

OP
OP
V

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey if you don't mind me asking, what dealer gave you $34k? MY top dealer bid has been $32k. I definitely won't take that....I would consider 34k if the price on the GEN was really good.....Thanks! :headbang:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21