Loose Clutch Pedal (Play in assembly)

Viper514

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Everyone, Im new to the Viper and picked myself up a 2002 GTS. Ive been going through it fixing the car and have been trying to get the clutch pedal to work to my liking. I have all new clutch fluid and noticed there is some slop in how the clutch pedal linkage is held in place. There are 2 tabs riveted to the pedal arm and they hold the pedal against an aluminum plate with a groove machined into it. The brake pedal is the same however the tabs on the clutch are loose enough that there is 1/8 play between the tabs and the aluminum plate.

My question is, can I take that play out and eliminate the 3/4-1" slop at the pedal? Is it possible to bend the tabs down and make them tighter or is another method better? Or should I leave it alone.

Attachments

• IMG_7357.JPG
    IMG_7357.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 26

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those cams are what move the pedal set forward or back. Most complaints of pedal free play are due to the white pivot bushings that the pedals actually hang on at the upper left of your photo. NAPA sells them for next to nothing. I don't have the PN, but a Google search might turn something up.

OP
OP
V

Viper514

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ll swap out the bushings for good measure. Looking into it further, could the spring holding tension on the clutch pedal arm the weak?

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've never heard of any other complaints about these symptoms that turned out to be spring related. Doesn't mean it isn't possible.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21