Lotta Pics of my new Stereo System!!

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally got my Viper back from Custom Car Stereo! 1st project completed. 2 more to go! I've never had a car sound so good! Getting a little older, so I'm not too concerned w/ bass. All emphasis was placed on the highs & sound quality. For all those looking for System ideas, I've posted several pics! (Steve Hester did the install)

XM Satellite Radio
Custom alternator w/ pully kit - 225 Amp
Custom welding cables
Custom 200 Amp Pac Relay
MBQRTC19 - Tweeter kit (Custom molded to front glass)
ALPIVAC800 - Alpine AM-FM/CD 6.5" Screen
ALPMRV1507 - 150 x 2 Alpine Power Amp (150 Watts on e/ door)
ALPMRVT757 - 2 x 75 Watt Alpine Power Amp (600 Watts on Sub)
DYN 240 - 7 1/2" Dynaudio Speakers (1 pair in front 1 pair-rear)
STIS12L7 - 12" Square SoloBaric
VAMCCC1.5M - 1.5 meter Black RCA
ALPCHA1214 - 2 x 12 Disc Alpine CD Changers
DYN10455 - DynaMat Extreme 36 sq. ft.
AUDEQT - Mono Equalizer
DYNX250 - Crossover
MBQQX3WAY - 3 Way Crossover

4 Amps total. 1 hidden behind the license plate.

You must be registered for see images

RickL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I can say is WOW! That is a very clean install. It looks great and I bet it sounds better than it looks.

-Rick

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">Looks great, but what do you do if you get a flat?</FONT f>

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Nice install. How much weight do you think it added to the Viper? I too was in the car Audio stuff and one of my cars I did lowered the back end quite a bit. It was fun though. When I took it out..my car raised about two inches and was a bit quicker.

Hiper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Venom, That is one hell of a system! VERY NICE!
biggrin.gif
I have also been looking into installing a similar system... I visited a place here in Boston, and the price that was quoted for 4 MB Quarts, a flip out Kenwood touch screen with single CD, and a 6-disc CD changer, with labour came out to $4,300. A 6-disc DVD/CD changer would add another grand to the total, but I don't need that anyway. This price, obviously, does not include a decent bass system. I was wondering whether this sounds like a decent price, and if not, what you would recommend I do. Thanks
smile.gif

Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow!! Nice custom job!! How much does it costs you?? I recently had mine done. Mine was a bit simple compare to yours because I want to leave at least some small place in the trunk so i can put some stuff in it. I'll try to post some pics after I take it.

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Phil: The total cost on the System was $13,600.00. That includes the labor & the tip I left my installer. It was a little more than I wanted to spend on a system but as soon as I heard it, I didn't care! I sourced the parts at 3 different places & prices were all pretty much the same. Labor was where they got me. The Alternator alone was $1,350.00 not including labor & that was an all day job.

Prashant: I've been dying to go to one of our meetings! By the time I leave my office, I'm ready to drop dead. I heard that you really know how to put on an event! I'm definitely going to try & make the next event.

AB - Very good question! I'm definitely going to inquire @ that tomorrow! I'm sure Hennessey will compensate for it though.

Hiper: That sounds pretty good to me. What you should do is call Custom Car Stereo here in Houston. 713-981-8455. Ask for Zack & tell him I referred you. As a matter of fact, I'll tell him tomorrow that you might call. Maybe he can get you those parts cheaper & you can just have your guys do the install. He owes me one and I'll tell him to take care of you!
cool.gif

kernie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just have to ask why?

I never use the stereo in my viper.
I prefer the melodic sounds of the
V10 singing to me.

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kernie:
I just have to ask why?

I never use the stereo in my viper.
I prefer the melodic sounds of the
V10 singing to me.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I use to say the exact same thing! I never even thought @ doing it w/ either of my last 2 Vipers. In fact I saw one in 97' w/ a pretty nice system & I thought to myself, "That guys so stupid. Does Jeff Gordan wanna go fast or listen to loud music?"
smile.gif

But over the years I've discovered that I want both! I got tired of driving on the Beltway w/ my windows down not able to hear a thing.They're making me a custom rack for the back right now (in case I wanna go on a road trip or something) so I can throw some luggage back there.

Hiper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Venom,
I'll probably be contacting your guy either today or tomorrow. Thanks for the advice, and I appreciate the word in for me
smile.gif
Enjoy your system
biggrin.gif

Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW!! $13,600!! Man! What can I say?? The system is awesome!! I only spare about $5000 canadian dollars for mine. Oh well, I can't go too far on a sound system. Hope you are enjoying it!
smile.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang