Love driving my gen 1 !

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since buying my GTS about a month and a half ago,my wife and i have been driving it a lot and i have ignored my 94 rt/10. The GTS drives so well and feels so comfortable i just was having a ball with it. When i first got the gen 1,it was a rough driving beast and hard to shift. I had never driven one at that time so i just figured that was the nature of the beast. I decided to have 3:54 gears installed and a new B&M Short throw shifter (found out the stock shifter was broken,and that's why it shifted so rough),and when i picked it up and drove it home i did notice a big difference ,but i think i was so into the GTS ,i let the gen 1 sit in the garage for the last few weeks. Then today i decided to take 'er out for a spin and i just fell back in love with 'er. It drives so well and sounds so good and feels even better. And it gets a lot more thumbs up and more compliments than even the GTS. I am happy with both cars but the drive today in the gen 1 was so much fun!:drive:

itlbite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't have a gts but i'll never get tired to drive my 95.what part of virginia you live in ??i'm in charlottesville

OP
OP
M

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't have a gts but i'll never get tired to drive my 95.what part of virginia you live in ??i'm in charlottesville

Hello neighbor,I am just outside Farmville. I love the GTS but honestly for pure fun the gen 1 takes the prize in my opininion. Then again,next week i'll probably go back to the GTS.Never get tired of the gen 1 though.It's just to cool. :drive:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more, musclenutz, as it's very hard to beat the "Essence of the Viper" that one never fails to experience in a Gen I Viper. I was reminded of that very fact last week when I drove our 95 after parking it for a couple of months.

Of course, I've "never met" a Viper that I didn't enjoy !!!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Driving enjopyment of a Gen 1 is GREATLY enhanced by a performance alignment, and GOOD tires.

G1 can be 2-handed darty beasts even on good tires.....but a simple realign can enhance the dream.

I have always loved the smoothie hood, since the '89 show car

OP
OP
M

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more, musclenutz, as it's very hard to beat the "Essence of the Viper" that one never fails to experience in a Gen I Viper. I was reminded of that very fact last week when I drove our 95 after parking it for a couple of months.

Of course, I've "never met" a Viper that I didn't enjoy !!!

Ain't it the truth!:drive:

OP
OP
M

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Driving enjopyment of a Gen 1 is GREATLY enhanced by a performance alignment, and GOOD tires.

G1 can be 2-handed darty beasts even on good tires.....but a simple realign can enhance the dream.

I have always loved the smoothie hood, since the '89 show car

Even with a broken shifter and worn tires,i still loved driving the beast,but yes...since getting new tires and the new shifter installed,it really made a difference. Gotta upkeep! :drive:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang