Low battery symptoms ?

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 08 viper sits most of the time and I had to boost it off 1 time a while back. I recently put a battery tender on it and it has been sitting almost a month charging. When I started it this time, it seemed like it had a rough fast idle like it had a wicked cam in it. The car was shaking. I thought something was wrong with it and was expecting a CEL to come on. After about 4 miles I stopped at a red light and it idled smooth and the throttle response was better than ever. I did not have the usual pause when you first push the throttle like I normally had. Could it be that I now have a fully charged battery and it is running different? My 96 GTS had a bad pause until I replaced the battery.

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 08 viper sits most of the time and I had to boost it off 1 time a while back. I recently put a battery tender on it and it has been sitting almost a month charging. When I started it this time, it seemed like it had a rough fast idle like it had a wicked cam in it. The car was shaking. I thought something was wrong with it and was expecting a CEL to come on. After about 4 miles I stopped at a red light and it idled smooth and the throttle response was better than ever. I did not have the usual pause when you first push the throttle like I normally had. Could it be that I now have a fully charged battery and it is running different? My 96 GTS had a bad pause until I replaced the battery.

Dodge uses the cheapest batteries possible, always keep it on a tender. I have had similar problems with weak batteries (not saying this is the same).

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When my car sits for a while, it does the same thing. I dont think it has to due with the battery because mine is fine. I think it is because it is cold and hasnt been started in a while.

mTech2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think that is normal with any engine that has been sitting and hasn't had oil recently run through it. Once it gets lubricated and warmed up it should be fine. Doesn't sound like a battery problem.