Low milage Vipers

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just have to give thanks to the people who rarely drive their cars. If it wasnt for them, I wouldnt have been able to get my nearly 12 year old viper with 20k miles on it. They saved it for me to drive the piss out of it.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just have to give thanks to the people who rarely drive their cars. If it wasnt for them, I wouldnt have been able to get my nearly 12 year old viper with 20k miles on it. They saved it for me to drive the piss out of it.
Hey man so how is your build coming along? My plate should be ready by next week :2tu:

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey man so how is your build coming along? My plate should be ready by next week :2tu:

Everything is done now except they have to trim up the dual piller pod to make it fit.. Apprently they are horribly made.

I hope to pick it up friday night, put on my engine/tranny mounts, install the **** for my 02 sensor and put in my new plugs.

Then fill the bottles and dedicated and start spraying.:drive:

xjrguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I went to a store a few years back with my brand new TA. I always park all the way to the back of any parking lot like most of you do. Was only in long enough to get flowers for a dinner. came out, no cars near my TA but someone walked all the way to my car just to put a 2 foot key mark on my driver door. that was just a Trans Am and someone was mean enough to hate it. I do not mess with anyone and the car was new, so no one knew it was mine yet if someone did not like me for some reason.

That really *****.

I have custom fitted Weathershield HP car covers for my Volvo C70, Mustang Cobra, Viper and FJR1300.

If the car is going to be out of my sight more than an hour the car gets covered.

The cars get covered at work too, and in my driveway as well.

All of the covers were ordered with steel security cables and locks and I use them too.

Out of sight, out of mind. Protection from bird poop and curious eyes.

Tim

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please Please do not drive them,I will be looking for a second Viper in the next few years and I would like someone to lay down the 90+ k for a new one, never drive it and sell it to me with less than 3000 miles.Of course I will put a minimum of eight or nine thousand miles a year on it and enjoy every minute of it.Remember protect that 100k baby for me as I want to put all the meaningful miles on it w/o the extreme depreciation.
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had a Prostreeter that I let the ex-wife take to work at the mall once. It came home with a car length key scratch. Friend blended it before the car show. Probably the ex-wife's personality caused it.

I only park my cars where I can see them out the window. So far I've been lucky. I wouldn't be surprised if some loser did eventually key my paint since there's sooooo many losers in North America nowadays. Some loser in Vancouver was back in the news for the third time. I'd guess he's keyed over a thousand cars throughout the city. Hopefully that kid will either be grown up or in jail by the time I go back to Vancouver.

Ted

xjrguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The day I catch any individual near my car trying to cause harm is going to get a mouth full of fist.

No man, woman or child would even THINK about keying someone's car while the owner was present.

Has anyone seen the youtube video of the two rednecks in a truck tailgating and yelling at a BMW owner with his wife in the car?

They tailed this guy for miles. Rode up next to the guy and yelled at him, all for NO REASON.

Idiots were videotaping it for posterity.

The BMW driver led the two rednecks down a length of road off the beaten track and of course the two men in the truck thought they were going to beat up the BMW driver.

Truck guy gets out of the truck with a baseball bat and his friend pursues. BMW driver is cornered.

BMW driver gets out of the car with a pistol and basically shuts down the entire operation, takes the video camera as a "early birthday present" and basically makes the two idiots piss their pants.

Whether it was fake or real, it made my day.

Would love to see a video of someone catch a keyer and drop them with a right hook.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
And did he defend himself by shooting? Sounds like a video that should be shown in Canada's Parliment. Add a couple vids of gang bangers doing a couple of old folks home invations.

Right hook? Tire IRON. Even when the cops are allowed to do their job, keying a $5,000 paint job probably won't equal jail time. Vigilante justice?

Ted

xjrguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No the guy didn't shoot the two jerks in the truck who came at them at the end of the road wielding a baseball bat. Have no idea if it was staged or not but still pretty humorous to see the outcome.

Search on you tube if you have time for road rage BMW and you'll find it.

A bit long but it will show you what I described.

Should be a lesson to anyone engaging in extreme road rage. You NEVER know who you are ******* with or if they are packing.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oh yah, save a couple modified Vipers for me. I prefer the darker colored GTS. Figure I'll need a replacement for mine in about 4-5 years. Probably turn 45,000+ by fall (had 20K last Aug., 31K now).

Thinking cross-continent to Florida this fall.

Ted

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These cars are too expensive to let sit around. I just got done driving my 17,000 mile 2005 Viper from California to Houston - 2000 miles. Now it's 19,000 miles. It ran perfectly the whole time - 2.5 days. I plan to keep this car.

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is another way to look at it, You have a choice 2 cars that are 5 years old one with 400 miles one with 8,000 miles . both look MINT. their asking price is close to same price. which one do you buy?
Most would go after the 400 mile car right? but will the 400 mile car have dried out parts and the 400 miles was only fast spirited demo rides to show off to friends,where the engine never got warm enough to bun off the moisture. whereas the 8,000 mile car was driven to car shows and weekend cruises and a trip or two.
I would rather have the 8,000 mile car.
The 400 mile might end up costing you more $$$ in the long run.
If more thought this way ,a extreme low mileage car could lower the value.
I suggest drive to enjoy, and change fluids allot and keep all receipts to prove what has been done on maintenance.
now days the viper get better mileage than a lot of vehicles on the road today.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought mine with 51k on it back in April 05'. It now has 82,500 on it. Roughly 10k/yr. Its not a daily driver by any stretch, but its gone to FL and Atlanta more times than I can count. Its sat outside at the mall plenty of times and in other public parking areas (I do try to park a long way away from everyone else though). 99% of the time without the top on it. So far, here's a list of the vandalism:

Spit on 1 time
Keyed one time
Front Viper emblem stolen 1 time. My friend found it 50 feet away on the ground. They just ripped it off to do it

If I had caught any of these people doing the crime, yes I would've grabbed my 4way lug wrench and beat them into a coma. The only way to get justice in America these days is vigilante style.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Dads Toy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
amen to that, people have no respoect for others property and think they have the right to do what they want.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
amen to that, people have no respoect for others property and think they have the right to do what they want.

Actually it's only a small percentage of people that have no respect for others property. It's also a small percentage that are insane.

Hey, how many have seen the country video of the pissed girlfriend that wrecks the guys monster truck while she's singing?

Ooops,

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen so many Vipers with under 20K miles on them which makes me happy as a future Viper owner. What I am curious as to the effects on having a performance car like the Viper and not driving it very often.

Take a 1998 Viper with 10K miles for example, that is only 1k a year or less than 100 miles a month, but more than likely all of the miles are put on during the summer if you live in an area with 4 seasons. Other than original tires going bad over time, won't the gaskets and other items go bad from lack of driving?

What ever I buy will be garage kept and driven on nice weekends also, just wondering how the sitting affects these wonderful cars.

My biased, drive the car, mind set says worse than the 1800+ miles per month we've put on since the spring of 2000 :drive:

Steve

mangle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought a 94 RT/10 in September last year with 3200mi on it. After a change of fluids and tires, the car has been nothing but reliable for the last 1500mi of spirited driving. I hope this doesn't jinx me.

NukedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem w/ driving it alot (4 me anyway)is if you drive it every day it takes the fun away, from looking forward to driving it on the weekends, to events, or to work once a year to show it off.

Take it from me, a guy who uses his Viper as a daily driver for 120 miles round trip back and forth to work . . . . IT DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY!! For me anyway, I look forward to driving it every morning and every afternoon and don't think that anticiapation would be greater waiting until the weekend. Waiting 5 months over the Winter???, now that's a different story. ;) I've got 83,000 on my 1997 GTS and going strong!

Rick530

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Take it from me, a guy who uses his Viper as a daily driver for 120 miles round trip back and forth to work . . . . IT DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY!! For me anyway, I look forward to driving it every morning and every afternoon and don't think that anticiapation would be greater waiting until the weekend. Waiting 5 months over the Winter???, now that's a different story. ;) I've got 83,000 on my 1997 GTS and going strong!
FINALLY!!!!! Someone who thinks like I do. My 08 SSG is my daily driver. To hell with lettin it sit and collect dust..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine