Lowering the ACR's stance...

Black Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm currently looking at purchasing a '10 ACR as my first Viper. Is there a reason the car sits up so high with the stock settings?

Last edited:

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So it doesn't rip the front splitter off on driveways. It is adjustable-they have specs for rough and smooth track settings.

OP
OP
B

Black Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have any ACR owners lowered the car 1-2" and had issues with driveways or speedbumps?

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even at the stock height you can have issues depending on what you are traversing. Lowering more than 1" will surely provide contact with most things. 2" would be disaster. :(

I am having my 10 ACR lowered as much as possiable. How much should I tell them to lower it without scraping anywhere?

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would defer to Mark as he is the expert but he is also the same expert who lowered mine and I have not had a problem. If memory serves he lowered it to "rough track height."
I also own a GTS and the height measurement is almost identical. It looks a lot more scary than it really is. I do not however run the front extension.
And this is not a very good picture but it's what that height looks like. Note the front is not that scary looking.

IMG_0776.JPG

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am having my 10 ACR lowered as much as possiable. How much should I tell them to lower it without scraping anywhere?

Kenric, you can tear up the rear inner fenders if you go to low. I wouldn't go much lower than the smooth track settings. Need at least 2 fingers in the rear, 3 if you track

Reaction score

For the ACR the rake is important for balance with the aero, I would not lower it more than 7/8" front and rear if you don't want issues.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Yep, go with the ACR manual's settings, "rough track" setting should be OK on the street without the splitter extension and with caution and good judgment, smooth track on a smooth track.

Too low will cost you ..... and that front CF splitter ain't cheap!

Dan