Lowering The Clutch Pedal on Gen II GTS

JKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm 6'2" and in search of more leg room in the GTS.

I just installed a Roe Racing "Clutch Modification Kit". It lowered the clutch pedal level with the lowest setting of the brake pedal.

The kit was easy to install although the pin clips holding the bracket to the clutch pedal were very difficult to remove. If the directions had a drawing of the clip and how to release it, that would have helped. I eventually figured out how to release the clips and the rest of the installation was very easy. It took about an hour to install.

If you are looking for more leg room, I highly recommend this modification.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It also makes more sense or safer to have the pedal level with each other. I have also done this mod and I am 6'1". The easy way to do this mod is to take the seat out, 4 nuts on underneath side of the car. This makes it a 20 minute job and less cramps.

Welcome over from the dark side JKVIPER. LOL
Previous Cars:
68 Corvette Convertible
82 Corvette Coupe
96 Corvette Coupe
99 Corvette Coupe

Cudaman :usa:

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JKVIPER --

Can you share your technique with the clips. I plan to do the changeover tomorrow. Thanks.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have a roe clutch link I will sell for $10. bucks. I didn't have a chance to reinstall when I did my clutch mod. I just don't want to break my back putting it in.

OP
OP
J

JKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you are laying on your back looking up at the pedals, the clips on the clutch cannot be seen so it is hard to know what you are dealing with. However there is one of those clips on the brake pedal which you can see better so you can get an idea of what the clip looks like.

To get the clip off, there is a curved end which folds over itself and the center of it has a small prong which tucks under the head of the retaining pin, on the other end there is a little tab which is bent on a 90 degree angle which is used to pull the clip off.

I pushed the tab toward the pin so the prong would be either away from the head of the pin or not tucked as tightly under it(I'm not sure if this is really the case since you cannot see it). Then I took a small flat head screw driver and pried the prong up which is in the center and folded over the clip up to point where it cleared the head of the pin, I then pulled the flat tab side away from the pin and it released.

When I put the clips back in I made sure the prong was bent down enough to lock on the pin head again. One of the prongs I bent up a bit when I removed it, so it did not lock when I tried to reinstall it. So I just took a needle nose plier and bent it down a bit.

Good luck with the install.

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, There was an excellent post with pictures on how to do this without using the kit. Your adjustable pedals allow you to move just the clutch.

Non-adjustable pedal guys...too bad.

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
JK, I think you need to let shorter guys like me drive your car.......! ;)

Welocme and congrads on the new car !!!

JK is now one of us........C U Soon !!

CO GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey I'm 6'5" and really notice the diffrence that lowering the pedal makes. I had a hell of a time fitting under my dash to get the new arm in. So, I dont want to hear any complaints from all of you runts out there....
However, I buggered up one of the clips and when I went to Dodge they said they do not sell replacement clips and that I would have to buy a whole new pedal assembly to fix the problem (give me a break). Does anyone know where I can get a replacement clip?

Warren S

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Guys, There was an excellent post with pictures on how to do this without using the kit. Your adjustable pedals allow you to move just the clutch.

That was an earlier post from VPRVENM97 (Dave 97GTS), "WANNA ADJUST YOUR CLUTCH PEDAL" >>> Click here.

Wish the moderators can correct the pics not showing since the migration, still shows "x". But you can still view them in his photo gallery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32