Lowering the rear of a 08 coupe

2snakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can i lower the rear using the spring caps in the rear ?? Or can you use lowering springs only in the rear ?? Thanks for replies

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Can i lower the rear using the spring caps in the rear ?? Or can you use lowering springs only in the rear ?? Thanks for replies

You seem to be asking the same question, twice........
You CAN use lower rear caps, front caps, or all 4 (preferred).
But SHOULD you?

If you lower only the rear, you change the RAKE of the car....you invite more air (lift) under the front nose by only lowering the rear. LIFT at the front end is not good at high speeds. (unless you are an aircraft of course...)

Reaction score
Lowering the rear not only affects the rake, but more important it will change the "roll coupling" front to rear and make the car very tail happy in the corners and on quick turn in maneuvers. This may be OK for autocrossing but for the novice it could be disastrous. I would not recommend this unless you know what you are in for. As for the air I would not worry about that so much as the handling IMHO.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You can lower the rear with just the caps but i really don't think you will notice much of a difference with just the caps.......maybe 1/2 in your lucky. (your wife may notice 1/2 difference but your car won't look much different):D
You could lower the back with caps and eibach's but i think most people will not recommend this.

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can lower the rear with just the caps but i really don't think you will notice much of a difference with just the caps.......maybe 1/2 in your lucky. (your wife may notice 1/2 difference but your car won't look much different):D
You could lower the back with caps and eibach's but i think most people will not recommend this.

How much would caps only lower the front?. I want to lower my 08 Vert but only slightly as the roads in my area are pretty bad. 1/2"to 3/4" all around would be fine.
Claude

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How much would caps only lower the front?. I want to lower my 08 Vert but only slightly as the roads in my area are pretty bad. 1/2"to 3/4" all around would be fine.
Claude

If i remember correctly the caps will lower the car about 1/2inch at best

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How much would caps only lower the front?. I want to lower my 08 Vert but only slightly as the roads in my area are pretty bad. 1/2"to 3/4" all around would be fine. Claude

Over years and years, we have gone lower....(demand)

Our caps are .72" lower than SRT OE caps and .68" lower than G1-2 caps