Lumbar Support Squeeze Balls

Reaction score
Originally posted by Donald Peterson:
Do the squeeze balls that are supposed to inflate the lumbar support in a 94 RT/10 really do anything? The owners manual says to open the chrome valve and squeeze the ball until the correct inflation is achieved and then close the chrome valve. When I squeeze the ball it goes flat and stays that way. Is something defective here, or am I doing something wrong? Both seats are the same.

OUCH!
-I feel your pain
You must be registered for see images

The lumbar bulbs do go bad in time. You cannot buy just the bulbs from Dodge, you must replace the complete assembly. We have a replacement unit that just plugs into the factory tubing and converts them to electric. They are VERY simple to install, no need to remove the seats. You will find you'll use them more often.

Regards,
Doug Levin

Doug Levin Motorsports 305 249-RACE (7223)

OP
OP
D
Reaction score
Laurie --

Your not alone when it comes to difficulty reaching the pedals. Here's a solution to your problem. You can knockout the rivets that limit the drivers seat travel. Once you remove the rivets, the driver seat will have two more inches of forward travel. This will provide you with more than enough room to reach the pedals. You do need to remove the seat to remove the rivets.

Also, the lumbar bulbs are interchangeable between both seats. It sounds like the valve is bad in your lumbar pump. If your lumbar support (or bladder bag) leaks after a few days, you can check it by fully pumping up the lumbar and spraying a light mist of soapy water on the valve area. If the leak is not present there, you will have to remove the seat to check the bladder bag for leaks.

Good Luck
Doug Levin/Doug Levin Motorsports

OP
OP
D
Reaction score
Laurie --

Your very welcome! I will keep you posted on the seat modification (got to get back to work for now). Feel free to have your husband contact me anytime.

Coincidentally, I have a customer out there in Ohio named Ron Russell -- he has our Level 3 Supercharger System and we modified the seat travel for him.

Good Luck and don't hesitate to call,
Doug Levin
Doug Levin Motorsports
North Miami Beach, Fla. 305 249-RACE (7223)