Mail Order Viper Supercharger Kit Coming......

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I've been prompted to let the cat out of the bag a bit by a few fellow VCA members who think others should know what we're working on these days.

In a nutshell, we're building a supercharger kit for 1996 / newer GTS's and 1997 / newer RT/10's (gen 2 engines) that you or your local Viper Tech can install in a day.

I cannot go into any detail at this time, but we've been working on this on and off for about a year. The supercharger will carry a 1 year warranty and our goal is a 100+ RWHP increase. The cost is still being worked out, but it will be very reasonable (under $7K if we can get the production parts made by machine in volume versus the prototypes made by hand).

The kit will come with everything needed including fuel and ignition system upgrade as well as our photo installation instructions.

BurnR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check is already signed....just need to date it, fill in the amount and send it!

Thanks Sean!!

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the response guys.

There's no intercooler. The supercharger system is based on an Opcon unit and we have been working with two other specialty companies on the project.

No plans for 1992 to 1996 RT/10 systems. [edit] But I won't say it's not possible. [edit]

That's all I should say for now. I'll release more information and pictures when we're closer to an official release. This was just to inform people so that they knew there were options coming up.

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YIPPEE!
I might just have to have one of those!
Cheers for Sean Roe.

bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sean Roe:
No plans for 1992 to 1996 RT/10 systems. [edit] But I won't say it's not possible. [edit]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So who's asp do we need to kiss to get it for us older snakes....?

I suppose I should be asking if its even a good idea to supercharge when compression is 10:1. I seem to remember John H. saying they took the compression down to 9:1 in the TT to allow more boost.

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm going up to the development shop next week to help finish some things up and have meetings regarding boost / traction control, emissions certification, etc.. I'll be back on Sunday and should be posting pictures then along with specific information.

I appreciate everyones patience. As a Viper owner / enthusiast, I'm as anxious as everyone else and wish it were ready. But, these things take time and all the people involved are taking a lot of care to do the job right.

P.S.,
I'm going to put a post on the main forum today and would appreciate your response.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone is anxious!! That's for sure! But I think I speak for most of us out there that are planning to get this, in that, we would much rather wait and have it done right, than to be disappointed somehow later!!
Can't wait to see pictures and numbers!! Keep up the great work!!

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Here's the picture I promised.
Sorry it's small, but we all agreed it would be best not to show too much detail. The engineering and design work was time consuming and expensive.
We're staying under 6 lbs of boost. Installation will be very fast, as in a day.
This kit is Stage 1 and is for 1996 to 2002 GTS's and 1997 to 2002 RT/10's that are stock or have bolt ons up to high flow intake tubes / filters, headers, high flow cats, cat-back exhaust, 1.7 ratio rockers and no more. Stage 1 uses a self contained oiling system on the twin screw blower and is for street / strip / autocross use.
More radical engine modifications and the ability to do road course events will come in Stage 2, since it will have provision for oil cooler lines and a different engine management system configuration. Higher boost levels may be possible with Stage 2, but no more than 8 lbs, since more than that will heat the air too much.
The twin screw blower turns at a slower rpm than a centrifugal unit (13,000 RPM vs. 44,000 RPM), heats the air less and has a quicker power curve, though it ends up making the same power as a centrifugal unit at the same boost level.

You must be registered for see images

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Sean Roe on 02-03-2002 at 03:46 PM</font>

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by steveb:
It's like trying to get into your girlfriends pants for the very first time.......... I can't wait.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HAHAHAHAH I LOVE IT! Go Steveb!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
General Jackson