Major Score! Revell 1:20 Red RT/10 Gen I

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, just happened to be browsing Ebay for any Revell RT/10 Creative Masters and found three. One was unusually cheap, as it was mint in box, never taken out except for photos and had all papers and certificate of authenticity. I decided to bid on the off chance that nobody was watching.:D

I was correct and got the RT for $27.50!:2tu: Others have starting bids of over $100 and there are four on Ebay right now! Here are a couple of pictures "borrowed" from one of the listings, as mine is put away for right now:

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

The car is heavy compared to Bburago/Maisto cars of similar size and the detail (especially in the engine compartment) is really good!

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GOOD score indeed Peter :2tu:! Wish I had received the papers and certificate to mine when it came in the mail!

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the reasons I was bidding for this one, is that it was complete with mint box, styrofoam packing and certificate of auth. Even though it was cheap, I would have waited for a complete one with all pieces.

Chad, on the poster, have no wall space...but thanks!

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, and what is interesting a maybe more valuable is that it has two CA's, first a mistake showing the manufacturer as Ford. But then, it has the corrected CA AND a letter from Revell exposing the mistake.

Cool, if nothing else! In baseball cards, mistakes are usually worth money.

racerjim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got one for $29.95 myself, Im happy about that as my local hobby shop has one they want $225 for. I nearly bought it but im glad i waited to check it out a lil bit and saved myself nearly $200 bucks

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice! I noticed the range of prices for this one is all over the place, but I think patience pays off. Its nicely made and pretty heavy, but definitely not worth $225...at least not to me.

Good find!:2tu: