Man I feel like an idiot asking this!!

srt4dubz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
T&Bs and T&D's and such ... I'm not even new to the car scene in the least ... new to the viper scene,yes.

Just a simple answer will do .. if you want to throw in a laugh because I didn't know what it is ... Plese do so. Always up for a good chuckle on me.

Thanks!!:dunno:

D

DAMN YANKEE

Why feel like an idiot? Half the guys on this board are posers and won't have
a clue what your talking about! Heck, most of them have stripes on
their Vipers!

The issues revolve around whether or not both sets are in sync.
As you may remember, both plating and polishing the retainer end caps is only
possible if you drain the housing completely and blow both the bleeder and
the line to the cap out first. I know what you are thinking, me too....I
am one that really thinks that is overkill. Disassemble and clean out the filter if
you haven't already. Dont feel that the trap gasket needs replacing unless you have
seen the leak for yourself. Half the time you can get away with just taking
the T and swapping it out for two Bs altogether, although. I've seen that
cause both the voltage drop and the whistle to return. Best bet, do what the
NY/CT club does....run 'em wide open and use the largest seals and clips and remember,
no petroleum of any kind on the o-rings. In all the years our club has done
that, we have only lost two of them and both were, as you already guessed, in
yellow Vipers (yep, both had rear wings). I hear the guys in California don't even
know enough to have all the D sets taken out at the dealership, even when they can
have it done for free! California, you got to wonder why they even
sell them a Viper without some kind of written test...or new tax?

You can smell them before they start to really go, so definately
do this before your next DMV inspection. Don't buy the sets on Ebay
(even if they last twice as long) 'cause we will have to hear about it from John.

Send a shot of what you pull out, I'm betting its the later.
We can help, even when, like this time, we have no clue what you are talking about!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DAMN YANKEE

Ken....did you read the whole piece? Especially the last line?
I take double extreme exception to your single extreme exception.
Check your B&amp set....stripper! McCainian! Let me guess...over torqued...right?
I rest my case.... :dig:

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
T&Bs and T&D's and such ... I'm not even new to the car scene in the least ... new to the viper scene,yes.

Just a simple answer will do .. if you want to throw in a laugh because I didn't know what it is ... Plese do so. Always up for a good chuckle on me.

Are you asking about ******'s?:D

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DY
You forget to mention the giggle pin that connects to the laughter shaft...As that somtimes comes loose:omg: ...........

Why feel like an idiot? Half the guys on this board are posers and won't have
a clue what your talking about! Heck, most of them have stripes on
their Vipers!

The issues revolve around whether or not both sets are in sync.
As you may remember, both plating and polishing the retainer end caps is only
possible if you drain the housing completely and blow both the bleeder and
the line to the cap out first. I know what you are thinking, me too....I
am one that really thinks that is overkill. Disassemble and clean out the filter if
you haven't already. Dont feel that the trap gasket needs replacing unless you have
seen the leak for yourself. Half the time you can get away with just taking
the T and swapping it out for two Bs altogether, although. I've seen that
cause both the voltage drop and the whistle to return. Best bet, do what the
NY/CT club does....run 'em wide open and use the largest seals and clips and remember,
no petroleum of any kind on the o-rings. In all the years our club has done
that, we have only lost two of them and both were, as you already guessed, in
yellow Vipers (yep, both had rear wings). I hear the guys in California don't even
know enough to have all the D sets taken out at the dealership, even when they can
have it done for free! California, you got to wonder why they even
sell them a Viper without some kind of written test...or new tax?

You can smell them before they start to really go, so definately
do this before your next DMV inspection. Don't buy the sets on Ebay
(even if they last twice as long) 'cause we will have to hear about it from John.

Send a shot of what you pull out, I'm betting its the later.
We can help, even when, like this time, we have no clue what you are talking about!

OP
OP
S

srt4dubz

Enthusiast
Reaction score

WHAT IS T&Bs and T&D's ... difference please? That is all I asked :rolaugh: . This thread went as far off topic as ozzy when he bites the head off a bat! !:dunno:

B767DRIVER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We aren't sure what you are asking...This is what we see: WHAT IS T&Bs and T&D's..difference please?

Not sure if it is your server or what but I used to get emails from a friend that looked like this. I couldn't read them. They looked like they were written in code?? He now sends them from a different server and no problems...

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think that this is a case of the confused asking the confused :rolaugh:

I'd guess that you were reading some old threads and saw the following in a post: T&D's
What the guy was stating was that he had T&D's , meaning T&D roller rockers, in his valve train. ( T&D Machine Products )
I don't know what the reference to T&B's is. If they were saying TB's then they were probably referring to larger Throttle Bodies to accommodate supercharging's higher intake flow rate.

I think that & is HTML code for the ampersand symbol, & .
Why it is in the text instead of an & ? An IT guy will have to tell us. It may have crept into the posts when this site went thru some major changes recently.

P.S.
to DAMN YANKEE : :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Last edited:

chimazo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
T&D are aftermarket rockers.
B&B is short for Billy Boat, a co. that makes exhaust/headers.

If you search on this site, the ampersand shows up funny and makes things difficult...

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that this is a case of the confused asking the confused :rolaugh:

I'd guess that you were reading some old threads and saw the following in a post: T&D's
What the guy was stating was that he had T&D's , meaning T&D roller rockers, in his valve train. ( T&D Machine Products )
I don't know what the reference to T&B's is. If they were saying TB's then they were probably referring to larger Throttle Bodies to accommodate supercharging's higher intake flow rate.

I think that & is HTML code for the ampersand symbol, & .
Why it is in the text instead of an & ? An IT guy will have to tell us. It may have crept into the posts when this site went thru some major changes recently.

P.S.
to DAMN YANKEE : :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I am glad we finally got the the bottom of this although you never addressed S&B's or K&N's. ;)

snakebitdave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are all wrong so far about T&Bs and T&D's

T&amp is code for T^T's and a^^

Bs and T&amp is code for big T's and A's

D's is code for nice size T^Ts

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
T&Bs and T&D's and such ... I'm not even new to the car scene in the least ... new to the viper scene,yes. Just a simple answer will do .. if you want to throw in a laugh because I didn't know what it is ... Plese do so. Always up for a good chuckle on me.

Hi Wayne. How's Dawson Creek, B.C. these days? Is the above Wayne's World speak? Some form of Western Canadian dialect or pure leg pulling? :usa:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang