Massachusetts inspection stations?????

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone from ma. know of any inspection stations that I can get a inspection sticker and not worry about a ----head messing with my car? Some of them even think they can drive you car in the garage, are they foreal, Maybe a DODGE dealer that understands.
thanks
FLX

AJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they are supposed to drive your car in the garage- especially if the computer determines that your car is due for emissions check. for insurance purposes they are required to operate your car on their premises.

now, what is sad is when the "tech" decides to put your front wheels on the rollers - it happened to me once :laugh:

one more thing- if your car doesnt pass- they cant make it pass even if you "stimulate" them with some cash or beer. the new emissions check setup is tightly integrated with the rmv and there is no manual "pass/fail" override.

they really made it tough on us in the recent years

alex
02 gts
few other cars

MrYo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in Boston and know a guy that will inspect it. He also does a great deal of work on exotics. Last time I was in the garage he had Steven Tyler's roadster in there to be aligned. I can get you the info.

MrYo
93 RT/10 Venom500
95 Maxima SE Supercharged

MrYo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK I got the number if you want to call him. Talk to J-Mac at (617)630-0942. I'm not sure what the name of the garage is, but that's the number.

MrYo
93 RT/10 Venom 500
95 Nissan Maxima Supercharged

RCKTMN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey FLX,
Not sure where you're located. I take mine to an Official State Inspection Station in Medford, MA.. I drive it in myself. They actually prefer that I do. They have been doing my 1994 for the past few years. They are located on Mystic Avenue.

Good luck!
Paul

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your car has traction control or is 4WD/AWD, they cannot test it on the dyno. They just put the sniffer in the tailpipe and check it at idle.

There's no law against aftermarket traction control. Who'se to say you don't have it? Just tell the tech you added a traction controller (if he even questions your assertion that you have one) and they'll just do an exhaust sniff and they should let you drive it right in. My Dodge dealer has you drive right into the service bay.

Jim Sullivan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mike, Sometimes I miss Andover but I tell you there's two things I just love about Florida 1. No front license plate.
2. No car inspections of any kind.
Ok, make it three things, no east wind at 4:00 oclock to drop the temperture from 80 to 40 degrees. Love all these warm summer night all winter long.

OP
OP
F

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am located in Townsend Ma. 01469, ( nearby towns are chelmsford, Groton,Westford,Ayer, pepperell and Lunenburg Ma.) anyone know of a station around here?
thanks for all the info
FLX

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang