Master cylinder and brake fluid seepage

shifter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at the track yesterday having a great time. My brakes in my 98 worked better than ever with Titanium pistons, SS Lines, Stoptech rotors, air deflectors, Castrol SRF and BM3's. Never a moment of fade, no boiling. (Thanks for the advice, Janni)
smile.gif

The only detail that has me thinking is that after running particularly hard I noticed a bit of brake fluid around the seam of my master cylinder reservoir, where the 2 halves come together. Not a pool or anything, but the seam was definately wet. Is this normal? Should I try to seal the seam, or should I get a new Master cylinder/reservoir? It is under warranty, but don't want to take it in unnecessarily. Thanks.

We had a lot of fun!

snakeandsnake.JPG

Sorry, my wife... errr I mean pit crew, needs a bit more practice with on-track shots. Had a nice one with me battling a Formula Atlantic for position coming off of turn 11 onto the back straight. (Actually I was the one fighting, the FA was easily breezing by like I was standing still). Too fuzzy to post.

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same problem on a '99, but for no reason just dried up. (We changed the fluid, but can't see how this stopped it)! Never lost any noticeable fluid volume.

Joel & Nadine, team Viper UK.

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe, good to see you out throwing some miles on! Let me know next time your out, I'd love to come and watch at least, and get a feel for track action besides my whopping 1 run at Milan....

OP
OP
S

shifter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
I'd love to come and watch at least
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Watch???? Ryan, You have to try it yourself. You got 12 seconds on the track at Milan, with 105 mph or so once, and minimal steering or braking involved. I ran for 75 miles at least hitting 115mph at the end of the straight, learning lines, trailbraking on the edge... and beyond.

I did my fair share of fairway excursions, no harm, just a few dandilions. It actually sounds cool in the car doing an impromptu 360, it's not so cool picking dandilions out of your wheels/wells in the pits
embarass.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKGiant