Maxcare 7year/50000mile 0 deduc $1510.00

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FYI, hope you don't have or plan on any mods to the car. They can deny your extended warranty based on ANY mods. Dodge denied me a 3yr/36K factory warranty repair based on mods that had nothing to do with warranty repair work (a glove box). Also, they denied repairing my door latch under warranty because the car has mods--a S/C. Though we all know the two repairs/parts are not even closely related, they have that option. So now I have the Max Care warranty and can't use it. I have sent a written complaint to Dodge concerning this matter.

If it sounds unbelievable, it is all true. If anyone is interested, PM me and I'll send you the letter I wrote to Dodge which will somewhat explain the situation. They really screwed me and after explaining the situation to Chuck Tator, he also claimed they screwed me.

And if your going to quote the Magnuson Warranty Act, the fine print in your extended warranty contract claims any mods will void the contract. But they probably won't tell you this until you have an expensive repair. Don't waist your money if your going to do ANY mods!

Not too surprising... The Magnuson Act only applies to new vehicle warranties as far as I know. The extended warranties are basically just an insurance product and they can deny coverage just like your health insurance can deny pre-existing conditions or nullify your policy if they find out you had an illness that you didn't disclose.

That's why I ended up going with an aftermarket "go anywhere" policy with Warranty Gold when they were THE company to buy a repair policy through. It actually worked great while they were in business - I could take my cars to any ASE mechanic, the mechanic would call them about the repair, and Warranty Gold would authorize the work and give them a credit card number to charge against. Modifications never were an issue. Unfortunately they went bankrupt and I was out of pocket for about $4k.

Anyone know of any good aftermarket policies these days? I'm sure there must be at least one well-run one that is financially viable.

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I purchased the extended warranty for my 06 Viper and am still under the factory warranty now. So, if in 30 days or so Chrysler goes under and the Viper line is sold off, does my warranty stay with the Viper and go to the new company or will I just be out the money?

Or should I call someone and cancel my MaxCare and wait to buy from new "_______ Viper" company? Also, dealer got me for $2485 on the warranty. $2485 isn't a lot of money when and if I need warranty repairs. But if Chrysler says sorry, we no longer honor the warranty because we went out of business, then it is a lot of money to throw away.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I purchased the extended warranty for my 06 Viper and am still under the factory warranty now. So, if in 30 days or so Chrysler goes under and the Viper line is sold off, does my warranty stay with the Viper and go to the new company or will I just be out the money?

Or should I call someone and cancel my MaxCare and wait to buy from new "_______ Viper" company? Also, dealer got me for $2485 on the warranty. $2485 isn't a lot of money when and if I need warranty repairs. But if Chrysler says sorry, we no longer honor the warranty because we went out of business, then it is a lot of money to throw away.

Good question - how much longer do you have on your manufacturer's warranty, and how long ago did you buy your extended? If it were me, I'd probably not buy the extended warranty until the very last day of my manufacturer's warranty. I believe you have three business days to back out if you change your mind.

I'd like to find out who the government is contracting with to manage this warranty program. Whoever it is, I'd by an extended warranty through them. It would actually be good for a lot of people if cars were covered under this third-party program. We as owners wouldn't HAVE to take the car to the dealer for work (think more mod-friendly providers...). Businesses that cater to the Viper community would get a ton more work because people could take there cars to them for routine BS.

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I already purchased the warranty when I picked up the car. I got my car used six months ago with 3700 miles on it. It now has 5600 and factory three year runs out in June. I have what could be considered mods by a dealer, high flow cats, Corsa, K&N filters, and warranty could be denied anyway.

But, if Chrysler is out of business in 30 days or so, will it matter? It may even be to late to cancel the extended warranty since they are out of money anyway.:dunno:

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I already purchased the warranty when I picked up the car. I got my car used six months ago with 3700 miles on it. It now has 5600 and factory three year runs out in June. I have what could be considered mods by a dealer, high flow cats, Corsa, K&N filters, and warranty could be denied anyway.

But, if Chrysler is out of business in 30 days or so, will it matter? It may even be to late to cancel the extended warranty since they are out of money anyway.:dunno:

You should read your contract and see who is managing the warranty contract. That's the critical part. If it is Chrysler LLC, there may be reason to worry (probably only slight reason) and if it is Chrysler Financial, you are probably in the clear.

The extended warranties are a thing to give good thought to. Since they are basically an insurance product, they aren't in the same category as a manufacturer's warranty unless they have a clause in them that says they truly "extend" the manufacturer's warranty period and not just replace it with "substantially equivalent coverage". My guess is they don't actually "extend" the terms of the manufacturer's warranty - they replace it with alternate coverage.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe Chrysler contracts it out. I have had better luck with aftermarket warranty companies than with Chrysler warranty division. :(

What?? I've had about $20K in things covered under Chrysler extended warranties, no problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc