May 7th Tators BBQ Meeting Spots for Long Island Vipers

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Tators BBQ is under 2 weeks away and just decided to give you guys a heads up on the meeting spots for the caravan up north to Tatorsviperville.

To make this simple for everyone I've decided to make three official meeting spots. If you like to hook up with a fellow viper owner at a certain place that's fine too. Just pick a time and spot with them and come meet us. Also good to exhange cell numbers with a viper buddy this way there is communication among each other.

1- If you are coming from Suffolk County long island, CARVEL would be the first meeting spot at 8:30AM. Most of you know where the Carvel Parking lots is. It's located on Deer Park Avenue (RT231) off exit 51 on the south of the L.I.E or 495. Vipers that meet at Carvel MUST leave the lot by 8:45AM to get to the Cross Island Pkwy meeting place.

2- Second meeting spot will be off the Cross Island Pkwy right before the Throngs Neck Bridge. Take the LIE west to the cross island/whitestone bridge exit. Should be exit 32 on the LIE if i remember right. About 1 mile on cross island there is a small parking area there, kinda like rest area where people drop off their jet skis and boats and there is also a little marina there. There are no signs telling you this. Just take it slow in the right lane and you wont miss it. Lets try to meet there for 9am. We will then head out at 9:30AM and head up north over the Whitestone Bridge and cruise up the Hutch Pkwy to the Mobil station on the left.

3- Third and last meeting area will be the Mobil Station on the left on the Hutch. Great meeting area for guys that live in the Westchester, Yonkers and southern CT areas. Please try to be there for 10am.

If there is any confusion or questions let me know. These meeting spots are not mandatory. Just suggested! Don't forget your EZ passes if you have them. This will reduce waiting at the toll booths and getting stopped for front plates.

Thanks
Dimitrios 01 Yel RT/10
cell: 917 923 0625

Where: South Salem, NY
Date(s): May 7th 2005
Time: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Link: http://www.tatorsdodge.com/

Tator's Dodge and the NY/CT VCA Annual BBQ
This will be the largest gathering of Vipers (other than VOI) in the world!

Event Itinerary:
10 AM - Arrival
10-12 - Driver Registration
11:30-2:30 - Food and Beverages Served
11:30-2 - Live Music (Barnstorm)
1-1:30 PM - Aerial Photo for Viper Quarterly

IMPORTANT: PLEASE RSVP by April 15th!
This is a VIPER ONLY event. Parking will be limited so please be patient as you are directed to your parking spot.

Rain date is May 8th.

For info please contact Chuck Tator
Tator's Dodge
South Salem, NY
914 763.3136

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only problem is that the entire ride from that little marina parking lot on the Cross Island is...maybe...50 minutes!

Maybe we should check out the Delaware water gap on the way? ;)

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry D, I meant that the distance is too short for a Carvel Cruise. Once we all get together, we need at least a 100 miles of road.

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cross island pkwy right before the white stone bridge. or take the GW to hutch pkwy and meet us at the mobil station

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dimitri call you this week.I have to pick up Baz....Baz if you are reading this let me know if you still want me to pick you up...

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"D" to be technically I am coming from NY (I am on the border with NNJ) :) ....its a little back tracking for NJ .Where were going from there ? Hutch to?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
steve, im cruising up solo if ya wanna follow, but knowing how you drive, i'll follow...lol

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Steve takes 287 east (over the TZ Bridge) he'll connect with the Hutch north of the Mobil Station.

He's to far north....unless he wants to come all the way down and over the GW Bridge. Then he could shoot over on the Cross Bronx and meet us at the Mobil station.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plum lol (if you have your nitrous set up you better leave bread crumbs for me to follow) :) we could meet them along route .We could wait where we get onto the Hutch from 287 or some place near there until we hear "D" car :) Doesnt the Hutch have the big gas station in the middle of north and south lanes near Mamaroneck or Scarsdale or am I confused "again"

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plum lol (if you have your nitrous set up you better leave bread crumbs for me to follow) :) we could meet them along route .We could wait where we get onto the Hutch from 287 or some place near there until we hear "D" car :) Doesnt the Hutch have the big gas station in the middle of north and south lanes near Mamaroneck or Scarsdale or am I confused "again"
Yes. That's the one. But that's south (as far as I recall) of where 287 crosses the Hutch. I guess you could come south on the Hutch and just turn around in the station. (Why didn't I think of that before???)

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We could just meet there for the sake of keeping it simple and I can get my RedBull to give me my morning fix :)

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yo D we running that day? It's time we lay the law down.I got crap under my hood bro.You got the blowy going.Lets have some fun :p

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cross island pkwy right before the white stone bridge. or take the GW to hutch pkwy and meet us at the mobil station

Okay. Well anyone from NJ or NYC is free to cruise up with me. Let me know guys. See you all there.

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
f355 what about tim721? maybe hook up with him? if you guys wan t i can meet you at 8 30 am in the city on 34th street and take you over to the meeting spot over by the throngs neck bridge,or im not sure if scott g is meeting us. if her is maybe he can wait for you guys in the city and bring you over. just an idea

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
f355 what about tim721? maybe hook up with him? if you guys wan t i can meet you at 8 30 am in the city on 34th street and take you over to the meeting spot over by the throngs neck bridge,or im not sure if scott g is meeting us. if her is maybe he can wait for you guys in the city and bring you over. just an idea

Works for me. TIM where are you bro?

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dude I'm ready. That rush of doing 150 with a dozen vipers feels great.

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well there you have it. the event is still scheduled for saturday even though its gonna rain. meeting spots and times are also kept the same. c u tomorrow!

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Works for me. TIM where are you bro?

keith, lets meet up, either off the turnpike or up the GSP w/ the others..i'll call u later..