meguiars NXT

motor602

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just bought a bottle and put it on my RT, i must say that I was NOT immediately blown away with it, i didnt think it to be much better than the 3M liquid wax i was using before. But after finishing, i felt that the car had a deeper finish to it, ive always felt the 3M came off looking very superficial, not really bringing out the deep blue of the paint, but giving it a good shine. So far i think the NXT gives it a deeper tone. I will say taht its a great product and i would say its definately a must try at least once product.

PRVT JET

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I love the NXT, I also tried EAGLE ONE. It's so easy to use and its clear gel, so no white residue. And it comes with a micro fiber towel.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put on half of my hood, with Pinnacle Souveran on the other half. Not even close. The NXT looked almost cloudy in comparison!

OP
OP
M

motor602

Enthusiast
Reaction score
whoa whoa whoa what the hell am i missing here? wait 10-15 minutes to remove the product???? this whole time ive been letting it sit for about 1-2 minutes after application, ive never heard to wait that long, am i missing something???

tzoid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here are my 3 ladies....Viper with Zaino, Cadillac and 320SLK with NXT. Still like Zaino on the Viper!

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks great, has a short half-life, unfortunately.
The good news is, you can put on a coat each time you wash your snake, it's that easy to do.
Good-bye Zaino!

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talk about a subject that has been beaten to death. And, unlike some folks that badmouth a product without trying it....I bought NXT and tested it in places on two vehicles.

First, what would you folks expect to read on the Meguiar's forums? Negatives about their products? It's all a big sales pitch from the Meguiar's folks.

NXT is loaded with silicones that will help cover swirls...this is why you get the temporary swirl hiding.

It's a consumer grade cleaner-wax that was over-hyped as "lab sample" this and that....even auctioned on ebay as some sneak-preview before the unworthy public could buy it.

It was first touted as being a final step product with no silicones or abrasives...but now Meguiar's admits to both. (I'm not talking abrasive like a compound.)

Hey look, I was hoping it would be the "next great thing" as I am always hoping for something better for my cars....but it sure didn't turn out that way.

Finally, ANY car can look great in a pic here on the web. A quick coat of cleaner wax is going to look fabulous in a picture...especially with the resolution for the WWW.

greatbeyond

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Motor602,

BigCarrot is absolutely right! Trust me on this one, Pinnacle Souveran is the BEST product you can possibly get for that deep liquid shine! It's really great for darker colors. I have a red RT/10 and after just 1 application of Souveran it looks like its soaked in blood! I suggest you checkout Autopia.org and look at their product review section. I don't know why there is so much hype surrounding Zaino and NXT. I have tried both of them. NXT IMHO gave me very average result and Zaino (although much better) takes just too long to apply. Go with Pinnacle Souveran! Worth every penny!

GB

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Since Zaino started making the ZFX Flash Cure Accelerator Additive you have to wait about 0-15 minutes between applications. Apply Z5 or Z2, go over the car with some Z6, then do another coat.

NXT has no durability. I've tried it on my daily driven cars and it lasted less than two weeks. Zaino lasts months. It's insane how durable Z2 and Z5 are under any conditions.