member roster book

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
got my book today - thank you!

i would like to make a suggestion though. next revision, i would like to see alot more of our members faces, and not their homes, their cars by themselves or their lawn equipment. i saw a couple faces in the book and said to myself - "oh, thats (insert name here)!" seeing names/faces would also be very helpful for our new people who are trying to remember everyones name, or for anyone who may not be very good at remembering peoples names.

otherwise - :2tu:

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see the 1st quarter packets are finally arriving in people's mailboxes.

Patti headed up the new membership book. She left it up to people to choose the picture they'd like to submit (which I agree with). I do agree faces would serve you more good when trying to match faces to names for familiarity, but it's a democracy. People really were all over the map with what they wanted in the book. Some just wanted a logo, though Patti pushed back. She was tireless in tracking people down to submit photographs. You now how it is, still takes someone to remind people (hmmm, who else does a lot of that...). Wasn't an easy job.

I'm sure as time goes on the voluntary membership directory will become even bigger. I was actually surprised it was as big as it was in it's first edition. It's a good foundation. We'll discuss it i our meetings, I'm sure it'll be a topic. Perhaps encouraging people to simply add more pictures - there seems to easily be room.

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Based on the number of us that had snowmobiling listed under hobbies, I think a Winter IL VCA trip to the UP may be in order. ;)

Nixon's SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Were these sent out to all members? I just joined a few months ago so im not sure

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe this was shared only with folks that signed up for the roster at the last meeting. Did you get the rest of the information?

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a voluntary list of members who want to offer their contact info, a picture, and other information to other members volunteering their own info. We did it to faciliate the communciation across our close knit group (and to get me out of the middle of being switchboard operator!).

However it's only for IL VCA members. Sorry.

CreteViperMan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Kudos to Patty. :2tu: The roster book is GREAT. It is nice to be able to put faces with the names as I have a hard time remembering everyone. However, Alison is sharp remembering people so we ask her "Who's that?"

Al

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will there be copies available at the next meeting Alex? Unfortunately, I must have been one of the uniformed members and never heard that the club was doing a directory. If I knew, I would have gladly offered some information on my family. I would really love to come to more meetings so I could be more informed about things such as this but my business really dictates a lot of what I can and cannot do. (Of course our newborn dictates ALOT also!) :)
I really and honestly do plan on attending the first meeting so if I could have one, I will shut up for a while!:D

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a heck of a promise - might be worth giving you a book just for that!! ;.)

The books are actually available only to those who signed up for them. We did some announcements in email and talked about it at the meetings. We were really attempting to just try something new, I didn't have a feel if it would go over big (boy was I wrong).

This year we're going to make it a part of regular club business and include forms in our mailers, etc... It's really a nice benefit.

I'll see if we have any copies left, we printed enough to satisfy all those who were part of the program.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanx Alex.
If you did send something out in the form of an email, my email program sends "mass" emails to a junk mail folder and it is something that I cannot change. I believe if something is sent to 15 or more addresses, that is where it would go. I then just delete all the junk. I will start looking more closely and if I see something is from you, I will read it.
I really am planning on coming to the first meeting, you will see!!

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Usually you can set safe senders which will over general spam settings. So rather than monitor the folder, see if you can add my email to your safe senders list so my emails don't get blocked: [email protected].

We've really worked out the kinks with all our email lists. It's really helped us stay in touch with members via our reminders, announcements, etc... For all the rest of you who might read this and are wondering if email sare getting blocked - try the above.