Members/Events You Would Like To Have In 08

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that the Christmas/Holiday Party is over now it's time to start thinking about events for 08. If there are any events that you would like to see/have please let us know before we start working on our 08 schedule. This is a club where we consider each other as family and we do our best to please everyone by giving the members many different events to attend. Please let us know if there's something you might want to see or do. It's you the MEMBERS that make this club and we look forward to hearing from you all upstate and Conn. included. Thank you for your continued support in 07 and looking forward to 08 hanging out with "THE FAMILY" all over again....NY/CT Viper Club

Last edited by a moderator:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a monday track rental - 1/4 mile
rent an airport for some 1/2 mile or mile runs

there might be an airport out in east long island at the old grumman plant we can use im told.....maybe

OP
OP
X

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PlumCrazy, hope all is well my friend and I'm going to discuss this with the guys and see what I need to do to make this happen. Great idea and hope to see you soon....Adrian

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like an increase in pay for all the officers in '08.

BTW- Great idea with this thread there Mr. VP!

Last edited:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you Adrian for asking for ideas for events. As you know, for us it's difficult to get to many of the events...no matter where or when they are. We appreciate the effort that goes into each and every one of them...and love to hear people's experiences at the events, since we know we cannot attend...no excuses, just the way it is!! We wish you and everybody in the NY/CT/NE region a Very Happy Holiday Season...and LOVED the events we DID get to attend this past year....meeting you, Phil, Keith/Tiger, Keith & Crystal, ACRSteve...to mention just a very few of the GREAT people in this region...seeing Chuck, Skeeter, Dimitrios, Scott, ViperJames...all of you who have been so kind and generous with your time spent with us.
~mike & juli~

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm biased but I'd like to see more events in CT. :D But my wish list would be the following:

- MORE paintball outings (these are priceless) :)
- AutoX...I don't care where but we need more of them.
- Balloon Ride. There's a ballon ride facility in my town and the views are breathtaking. Then come to my house and stuff yourselves by the pool, plenty of homemade wine. :D
- Dyno Day...how about a dyno day/tune at Romar Racing?
- Karting. This place opened up last year next town over. On Track Karting - Wallingford CT Maybe CT can be the neutral zone for karting?
- How about a VCA Poker Run?

Last edited:

Hostile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A road rally by directions only no GPS:nono: just written
instrutions to go by with food along the way.:omg: Say
250 to 500 miles then a great dinner and good freinds.:drive:
Maybe a stay over then a day of autocross.:drive:

Skeeter :eater: :eater:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score

There's a great idea, Skeeter...is there auto-x at Watkins Glen? :dunno: You are more in our area than the downstate people...a road rally sounds awesome...we'd really fight to get time off for that...I second this motion! :drive: :eater: ~juli

Just A Dream

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you get the drift with this club it doesn't really matter where we go or what the venue is.We ALWAYS have a great time regardless of what this club does,Good people make these events great and I am glad to see that there is alot of intrset in driving and driving to get to these.I am looking foward to as many as I can get to this year.As always GREAT Job oh and yea I vote on a pay increase

See Ya Soon

Russ

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm biased but I'd like to see more events in CT. :D But my wish list would be the following:

- MORE paintball outings (these are priceless) :)
- AutoX...I don't care where but we need more of them.
- Balloon Ride. There's a ballon ride facility in my town and the views are breathtaking. Then come to my house and stuff yourselves by the pool, plenty of homemade wine. :D
- Dyno Day...how about a dyno day/tune at Romar Racing?
- Karting. This place opened up last year next town over. On Track Karting - Wallingford CT Maybe CT can be the neutral zone for karting?
- How about a VCA Poker Run?

VCA Poker Run and the Poker Run that I do every year is pretty much the same thing except with more cars. Can't get enough members to participate from the VCA only so we have to open it up to others to cover costs.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Have thought about that as well and mentioned it before but the problem is the distance. Many people are not up for that. I am though!!!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have thought about that as well and mentioned it before but the problem is the distance. Many people are not up for that. I am though!!!

We're up for it!!! LOVE the idea of the rally, then possibly going to the place Phil mentioned for dinner...would be nice if dinner were casual, after driving all that time. THIS would be an event we'd really fight to get time off for, tho Mike would be 'on-call' anyway...it'd be a blast!!! Maybe take a poll, see how others in our region feel about this? I know most of you are closer to NYC/LI/CT...more south of us...Skeeter is closer to us...maybe some mid-point. ~juli

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VCA Poker Run and the Poker Run that I do every year is pretty much the same thing except with more cars. Can't get enough members to participate from the VCA only so we have to open it up to others to cover costs.

OK, I didn't mean to :bdh:. :D But I understand about getting enough cars to show up and cover costs. I'm trying to do a car show next year to raise money for a multiple sclerosis charity started by the Petit family here in Cheshire. They were the victims of the horrible home invasion this past summer. A few CT VCA members are interested but we don't have nearly enough members in CT alone to make this happen and it's a bit of a trip for the NY family. I've pitched to idea to Steve (our local events director) so we'll see if the VCA can help. I'm reaching out to other car clubs but I would much rather have Vipers overrun our town! :D

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, I didn't mean to :bdh:. :D But I understand about getting enough cars to show up and cover costs. I'm trying to do a car show next year to raise money for a multiple sclerosis charity started by the Petit family here in Cheshire. They were the victims of the horrible home invasion this past summer. A few CT VCA members are interested but we don't have nearly enough members in CT alone to make this happen and it's a bit of a trip for the NY family. I've pitched to idea to Steve (our local events director) so we'll see if the VCA can help. I'm reaching out to other car clubs but I would much rather have Vipers overrun our town! :D

That is horrible for the Petit Family, Tony...hopefully no one was hurt during this invasion/intrusion into their lives. VERY good of you and some other CT VCA members to do a car show to raise money for them. Good Luck getting more Vipers involved, I don't promise anything we can't keep, so pretty sure we'd not be able to make it to this show.
Kudos to you for your generous heart~~:2tu: Happy Holidays to you and yours. ~juli

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not a problem. Good luck with your event!!

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I tried to get an event together last year, but it never happened.

Basically, it was a 4-6 day trip down into Tennesse, taking the "mountain road" route. 1 day drive each way. We would be renting Cabins- they are absolutely HUGE, cheap, and amazingly well placed. For example, you would pay about 200-300/night for a 2000 sq/ft cabin, thats MAYBE 3 years old. Big screen TV's, hot tubs, etc. Or even rent one of the larger 10,000 sq/ft+ cabins for multiple people @ 900+/night, and have your own pool, parking lot and game room! The actual area, Gatlinburg, has quite a bit to do, not including driving itself.

I would still love to make this happen... been down there once, and it was GREAT.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TATORS BBQ
HOSTILE's Road rally...
Been looking at what time of the year to get back out to NY......

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TATORS BBQ
HOSTILE's Road rally...
Been looking at what time of the year to get back out to NY......

Yes to both...we'd love that road rally...especially if it's around where Skeeter is from. LOTS of winding/curvy roads to conquer! Hope this could be planned around a time when you CAN be here, Baz...even if it's you RIDING in a Viper~! :headbang: ~juli

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried to get an event together last year, but it never happened.

Basically, it was a 4-6 day trip down into Tennesse, taking the "mountain road" route. 1 day drive each way. We would be renting Cabins- they are absolutely HUGE, cheap, and amazingly well placed. For example, you would pay about 200-300/night for a 2000 sq/ft cabin, thats MAYBE 3 years old. Big screen TV's, hot tubs, etc. Or even rent one of the larger 10,000 sq/ft+ cabins for multiple people @ 900+/night, and have your own pool, parking lot and game room! The actual area, Gatlinburg, has quite a bit to do, not including driving itself.

I would still love to make this happen... been down there once, and it was GREAT.

Sounds interesting...and scary...if we wreck rooms like we wreck go-karts then we're in for a huge bill on this trip. :D

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sounds interesting...and scary...if we wreck rooms like we wreck go-karts then we're in for a huge bill on this trip. :D

LOL, I suppose worst case, we can all chip in and buy it? LOL! They are all for sale actually.

Maybe these will help illustrate:

You must be registered for see images

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed on the sites up near Skeeter ..I was lucky to go to the North East exotics show with Chuck,Skeeter and Marie in Sept 06 and we made a weekend of it.....:drive: :drive: :drive: :drive:

Yes to both...we'd love that road rally...especially if it's around where Skeeter is from. LOTS of winding/curvy roads to conquer! Hope this could be planned around a time when you CAN be here, Baz...even if it's you RIDING in a Viper~! :headbang: ~juli

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed on the sites up near Skeeter ..I was lucky to go to the North East exotics show with Chuck,Skeeter and Marie in Sept 06 and we made a weekend of it.....:drive: :drive: :drive: :drive:

Now let's just hope the 'downstate' people agree!!! :D Cooperstown is not that far from NYC, nor from us...so that would be a GREAT road rally...with lovely spots to stop and gas up/eat. Sounds like it'd be a blast! :drive: :drive: :drive: :drive: ~juli

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a directors meeting on Feb. 3. We'll take a copy of this thread to discuss.

Keep the comments coming.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21