Members/Events You Would Like To Have In 08

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, for those not in the know----Cooperstown is the Baseball Hall of Fame...a very tiny town with the museum and a small stadium where I believe minor league games are played. We'd just have to find parking for all our Vipers! ~juli
**Thanx Scott for bringing this to the Director's meeting**

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
tators at tators by invite only and pre paid !!!
no exceptions

What do you mean? The one at TatorToga was for any VCA member and you paid for your food there...even Chuck, if I recall, had to pay for his food. The NE division was also included, and DamnYankee/Dan designed the TatorToga shirts, which the NE division distributed at Saratoga, and we also had some of the Canada members come. Since we were unable to attend any of the previous Tator BBQ's at his place...don't know how that was done...but certainly we'd hope to be on the 'invitation' list and would certainly pre-pay? Was this an issue? :dunno: ~juli

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not an issue

have tator and the ny/ct vca make up an invite list.
invite those people.
if those people wanna come to the tator BBQ they need to send a check far in advance for it. (reservation)
if they want out at some point they lose the $ or can find someone else to fill their shoes.
im sure that BBQ he threw was a TON of work and cash for him. id think this might help.

and get a few of willing people to come a day or so before to help clean the place, ge it ready etc.....

obviously chuck has the absolute final say in THIS WHOLE DEAL.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not an issue
have tator and the ny/ct vca make up an invite list.
invite those people.
if those people wanna come to the tator BBQ they need to send a check far in advance for it. (reservation)
if they want out at some point they lose the $ or can find someone else to fill their shoes.
im sure that BBQ he threw was a TON of work and cash for him. id think this might help.
and get a few of willing people to come a day or so before to help clean the place, ge it ready etc.....
obviously chuck has the absolute final say in THIS WHOLE DEAL.

I getcha...I was under maybe the wrong impression that the TatorToga was due to Chuck not having space anymore at his place...and we all paid for our own food there. If Chuck WERE to have his bbq again at his place, of course, we'd pony up and I'd certainly try to help him out with it beforehand...can't promise anything on my end, but I'd certainly try!
Sounds cool to us!~! ~mike & juli~

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im sorry but tators BBQ is NOT tators BBQ anywhere else.

You mean NOT at Saratoga? That's the only time we were able to attend any of his bbq's....so we don't even KNOW about the ones at his place...we'd LOVE to go at his place....hope he chimes in here, and lets us know what the plan is this year...and yes, we'd surely prepay, and I'd go and help out definitely if I can!! It's gotta be tons of work to do it at his own place...not to even MENTION cost...so of course, we'd pay. ~juli

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nothing can compare to tators BBQ. i was lucky enough to go to 2 of them and D is right...

and he paid for most of it i think. maybe the ny club kicked in and i think woodhouse dodge did too one year.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nothing can compare to tators BBQ. i was lucky enough to go to 2 of them and D is right...
and he paid for most of it i think. maybe the ny club kicked in and i think woodhouse dodge did too one year.

Yeah, we knew we were missing out on a HUGE event by not going to the bbq when it was at Chuck's place...maybe it'll go full circle, and return to Chuck's...and yes, we'd love to prepay...hope it happens. ~juli

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah a BBQ at Tator's would be awesome. Prepaying would not be a problem.

Hope Chuck sees this thread and chimes in...maybe he has to wait until after the President's meeting where they decide the events of the year? I'm sure we'll hear from him when and where it will be this year. :eater: ~juli

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few notes:

At this early date:

1. looks like Chuck's going to be promoting his BBQ up at Saratoga again. While it's not the "*****" Tator's Dodge, it IS quite a nice drive up to Saratoga. Regardless, that's the early word. Probably the middle of May.
  2. looks like we're going to have a Dyno day (with BBQ). Probably with quick/discounted pulls, but we'll see how it goes. Do we have folks interested?

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few notes:

At this early date:
  1. looks like Chuck's going to be promoting his BBQ up at Saratoga again. While it's not the "*****" Tator's Dodge, it IS quite a nice drive up to Saratoga. Regardless, that's the early word. Probably the middle of May.
  2. looks like we're going to have a Dyno day (with BBQ). Probably with quick/discounted pulls, but we'll see how it goes. Do we have folks interested?

Yes to both.

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few notes:

At this early date:

Yes and Yes

OP
OP
X

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adrian,

I can't post in the regional forum since I'm not a VCA member, but wanted to forward another good cruise in CT for the group to be aware of.

Marks Classic Cruise

The only drawback is that it is held on a Monday, but on an average evening they will have no fewer than 500 cars. Mid-summer with good weather, they will FILL the field and there have been over 1000 cars in attendance before. Like Marcus Dairy, it draws a different crowd from the area (includes a lot of Massachusetts cars) and the occasional rare exotics trot out, though it is mostly classics, hot rods and muscle cars.

What I like about it is the setting. It's a big field and they have a few vendors at the bottom, as well as food and live music. Just be sure to check the site the day before going.... since it is a field, they WILL cancel the show if there has been any recent rain. They don't hold the show unless everything is 100% dry.

Thanks Brett for the info............Adrian

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
id be up for the dyno day at romar. would be nice to see them again....

and monday nites are do-able for me usually.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21