Michelin Pilot Super Sports vs Sport AS/3

Morketh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I had ordered 4 Pilot Super sports for a 2006 viper and they ended up putting on super sports in the rear and 2 pilot sport AS/3's in the front and I had told them I wanted super sports and they told me those were the same just a diff name, now I find out they are not the same.

Should I take it back and have them put the super sports on the front as well or is it fine to have the sport as/3's in the front?

(I live in Houston where it is practically always Summer)

Meh, I went ahead and had them order the super sports for the front so I can have super sports all the way around.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Morketh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roger that, they ordered the super sports for the front as well so should be here today and Ill get em switched out.

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL, thanks for the laugh Allan. What a complicated drive that would be.

I'd fire that tire installer, same tire, just a different name, SURE!

And Vettes are the same as Vipers, just a different name, promise.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I had ordered 4 Pilot Super sports for a 2006 viper and they ended up putting on super sports in the rear and 2 pilot sport AS/3's in the front and I had told them I wanted super sports and they told me those were the same just a diff name, now I find out they are not the same.

What tire place was that? Walmart?

OP
OP
M

Morketh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Discount tire lol...
They then stacked the waits on top of each other (2 rows) which made it hit the caliper when I rotated the wheel.. I'm like "dudes ***?? Fix this!"

DaJerseyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Discount tire lol...
They then stacked the waits on top of each other (2 rows) which made it hit the caliper when I rotated the wheel.. I'm like "dudes ***?? Fix this!"

I would get my money back and go somewhere else, they dont know what they are doing.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Discount tire lol...

Wow !!! Usually there are some pretty knowlegeable guys at my Discount Tire; but, they are often the ones "promoted" to running the counter. I have to say that I switched getting my Viper tires being done from Discount Tire to a local family run specialty wheel store that was recommended on the Tire Rack site. It was nice to have the same guy every time doing my wheels for the Viper and the car I use for HPDE now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960