Mixed feelings about my new wheels

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My feelings are mixed on them. Envy mixed with jealousy. Those wheels look BADASS!!

I got out and washed it the other day and was able to throw some tire shine (I hate that crap) on the tires to blacken them up. I am liking them more but think the rotors have to go. The wheels do look smaller then stock but have more room to get around. Cleaning them was super easy so bonus for that. Guess its time to save for a grand worth of rotors.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got out and washed it the other day and was able to throw some tire shine (I hate that crap) on the tires to blacken them up. I am liking them more but think the rotors have to go. The wheels do look smaller then stock but have more room to get around. Cleaning them was super easy so bonus for that. Guess its time to save for a grand worth of rotors.

I think that the curves of your wheels compliment the curves of a GTS. I think you made a fantastic choice. You really landed well in the middle of performance and style, which I'm sure most here will tell you that is not easy to pull off.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, so it looks like a bit late with my comments, but I like the overall look with those wheels. The satin finish black is appealing (IMHO), but my first thought was the rotors...as I noticed others have mentioned. If you're going to see that much of your brakes, better make sure you've got a cool setup. You have the yellow calipers, just need some drilled/slotted rotors to finish off the look. Not sure if larger diameter rotors (assuming available) would look right, might just look like rotors on steroids!:crazy2:

Also, agree with Red Snake's comment about the chrome center cap breaking up the black...think it looks much better that way... but its all in personal taste.

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, so it looks like a bit late with my comments, but I like the overall look with those wheels. The satin finish black is appealing (IMHO), but my first thought was the rotors...as I noticed others have mentioned. If you're going to see that much of your brakes, better make sure you've got a cool setup. You have the yellow calipers, just need some drilled/slotted rotors to finish off the look. Not sure if larger diameter rotors (assuming available) would look right, might just look like rotors on steroids!:crazy2:

Also, agree with Red Snake's comment about the chrome center cap breaking up the black...think it looks much better that way... but its all in personal taste.

I currently run the largest rotors I can in the front with 18 inch wheels, 14 inch srt. The tears can be upgraded to 14 but the cost to do it is not cost effective currently. Maybe at a later date I will do the tears. Saving for lightweight rotors for now.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Either way, I think it looks really good! For me, not really a size thing on the rotors, as much as its a looks thing to change to drilled/slotted.

Nice, as is!:D