Mobil1 0W-40 for $4/qt.

OP
OP
L

Lucid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't set up the mobil1 award card so will find out. Has anyone? Seems it would save me another $10 on 12qts

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. I picked up my 12 quarts along with a new battery for my son's car (with a 20% special weekend discount). Thanks also for the Mobil 1 rewards program lead.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this the diesel version Tom always raves about?

No, but it is fine stuff.

The diesel oil is 5W40 and would be about $12/gallon or $3/qt. From my Texaco days, that difference is in the ballpark for how much advertising costs are added to each gallon; $1 for Mobil 1 targeting automotive consumers and almost $0 per gallon for diesel oil.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crappy that they don't ship the oil anymore. There aren't any Advance Auto stores near me and I've always been able to order oil and have it shipped in the past. I guess they changed their rules - maybe a quart of oil opened up in a UPS facility and someone fell on their butt or something...

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately their website keeps crashing on me. It finally popped up and said they were doing scheduled maintenance. I'll have to keep trying.

vipergtsinnova

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you guys running 0W-40 all the time or just at the track? Just curious, I use the suggested 10W30.

Last edited:

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question for you guys. I use the Mobil1 5W-40 Fully Synthetic Turbo Diesel Truck Motor Oil in my 510cc stroker with a paxton in my viper.

What do you think would be the difference using this oil? Should not have a problem right? To good of a deal to pass up.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question for you guys. I use the Mobil1 5W-40 Fully Synthetic Turbo Diesel Truck Motor Oil in my 510cc stroker with a paxton in my viper.

What do you think would be the difference using this oil? Should not have a problem right? To good of a deal to pass up.

I didn't see the option of getting the diesel oil or I would have gotten it first. I ordered the 0-40 European stuff. If I see the diesel stuff at teh store, I will ask to switch it up. EIther one will be fine :2tu:

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds good Mike. Yea I did that same. I clicked on the diesel and that was not offered at the discount. Might go down to the store and talk them into it. ha

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Walmart had 5 quart jugs for $21 last month, I loaded up on Mobil 15w-50. They never have 0W-40 in stock but always have turbo diesel. This is a good deal from Advance Auto. Take advantage of it.

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called the store and they did not have that sale there. Said it must be a online only sale. So I ordered 24 online and picked them up. Had to have it shipped to two different stores as it would only give you the discount for 12 of them. Made two orders.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Grabbed 12 yesterday, in NJ.

Retailer was nice enough to call minutes after the online order, to let me know he had to run to another store to grab them, and would have them by afternoon.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Good On You, Lucid!

When I entered my zip code, they said I could pick them up in Redding CA, just a 10-hour drive one way. Being a bargain hunter, I should be there tonight, ASSuming the mountian passes have been plowed.......

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ar Tee Ten