Mock Me Freely

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was surprised that a company overseas was making these damn things in my color combo so I just HAD to have one so Snake Oyl hooked it up. There has been a lot of silver/blue activity recently on the boards so if any of you dudes need a matching toy and it's accompanying mockery Snake Oyl is the place to go. I think it was $50 after the shipping took its toll.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
J

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Damn...you win! I have about 20 different cars in the garage but didn't think I'd find one like mine. It's like being the Indiana Jones of lame and hunting artifacts meant for children!

I'll be up in the Lou for Turkey day sans Viper to see my family. I need to make a trip up there in the car. I swung back through on the way down after picking it up. VIVA LA IMOS!

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand as well. Congrats on the new toy!

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be up in the Lou for Turkey day sans Viper to see my family. I need to make a trip up there in the car. I swung back through on the way down after picking it up. VIVA LA IMOS!

Sweet! LMK if you have a free afternoon/evening to grab some Toasted Ravs too!

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very cool, but also kinda creepy. :D
--------------------------------------------------------------

BTW- the only mocking I've seen here is of guys in satin jackets.
When that happens, the gloves come off, the refs go home, and Michael Buffer gets scared.

OP
OP
J

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
why mocking :dunno:

cool pics all

:drive:

Mocking because being a grown-ass man with a scale replica of my real car...well, it begs for mockery. My 2 friends I showed previously mocked me, so I expect no less than that here :D

james11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me know if you guys happed to stumble across a graphite colored one. Could be a good garage decoration.

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's awesome actually, no mocking... I have quite a few Viper models collected but none match my car. For years all my family and friends have bought me Viper models and miniatures - usually a B+W GTS or black/silver RT/10 or a red SRT...
Now that I have the "life-size" I'd love to find a matching model for it - That's cool that you were able to with a less common color scheme!
I don't expect to find a model of an SRT convertible in Crystal Slate, but if anybody sees one let me know!

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's awesome actually, no mocking... I have quite a few Viper models collected but none match my car. For years all my family and friends have bought me Viper models and miniatures - usually a B+W GTS or black/silver RT/10 or a red SRT...
Now that I have the "life-size" I'd love to find a matching model for it - That's cool that you were able to with a less common color scheme!
I don't expect to find a model of an SRT convertible in Crystal Slate, but if anybody sees one let me know!

That's why they put touch up paint in a spray can, so all of the modelers can have the real colors!:)

Seriously, take one of your diecast models in one of the undesirable colors, remove the 4 screws in the bottom, open the doors and everything pretty much pops out. With the Burago models you can reuse the decals by placing them on wax paper or a piece of glass after you remove them from the car. Scuff up the paint with 400 Wet sandpaper and spray with a can of Crystal Slate touch up paint. When it is dry, put it back together, reapply the decals and your done!

Last edited:

Wolfc2e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think anyone here will mock you for your model. I've shown my model off at every car show and VCA event I've attended since I built it and no one has mocked me for it yet!

SlateEd, Ratical is right. If you can't find one like your car, make your own:

My Custom Model:2tu:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too have beat up small kids in the Wal-Mart toy dept. and stolen their McViper models for my personal collection :D I've also added the ultra-hard-to-find 1:18 McV version since this pic and a couple other McV models (but same size as ones pictured). Before someone says I play with Barbie dolls, thats actually a reindeer and Santa in the middle car. Its a Christmas ornament I found at Roses MANY years before I bought the real McV :)

9192100_1483-med.JPG

Last edited:

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was surprised that a company overseas was making these damn things in my color combo so I just HAD to have one so Snake Oyl hooked it up. There has been a lot of silver/blue activity recently on the boards so if any of you dudes need a matching toy and it's accompanying mockery Snake Oyl is the place to go. I think it was $50 after the shipping took its toll.

It looks like they short changed you on the stripes!

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been looking for a Sapphire/Silver one for years now. If anybody knows where I can find one please let me know. :2tu:

Motivated

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doubtfull you will find much mocking here as we all appear to have some form of miniature viper replica floating around, it comes with the territory of being viper crazy. I have about a dozen, used them to deside what color i wanted on the real one. Now I just have to figure out how to replicate the iforged wheels on mine in mini form. I think this would be a good poll, to see how many of us own some kind of mini viper.

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have given up looking for all silver ones..... :(

Plum, The burago models decals come off easy enough. Just buy the silver with blue stripes and peel off the stripes.

Here is an item number from a local "bay" area auction company to get you started

To Jason, congratulations for the expansion of his Viper fleet, the only question I have is only one diecast model????:)

Don't forget to fix your flat on the diecast model. Looks like your left front tire is off the rim!

OP
OP
J

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So does the model have a Roe under the hood also??? LOL! :)

(nobody else would razz ya, so I will).... :)

What's funny is is on the model the engine components are all metallic looking, just like my car. No Roe, but the intake and the valve covers are "metal".

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mocking because being a grown-ass man with a scale replica of my real car...well, it begs for mockery. My 2 friends I showed previously mocked me, so I expect no less than that here :D

No mocking here... The small version looks good! :2tu:

The shop that painted the stripes on my car said they would do the same to a model if I brought one to them. I've got the model, just need to get it to the shop.

Vipering is such a sickness.

OP
OP
J

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jason. Clean your damn garage. Looks like a Honda went off in there.

And get current plates on before you need the SRY SIR line.

Damn Austinites. :D

I've got my plates on; I took the pics about a month ago and forgot to post them.

The garage is on my to-do list for the week. I did the springs Friday and built shelves and hung pegboard Sunday, then spent a solid 2 hours packaging my old wheels and chopping up cardboard boxes Tuesday. If you think it looked bad in THOSE pictures you should see it now...maybe you should come over and show me how to organize? :D I'll call HGTV and see if we can't get a show; you've got a TV face if I've ever seen one.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So does the model have a Roe under the hood also??? LOL! :)

(nobody else would razz ya, so I will).... :)

It doesn't, but if someone is willing to sell me a damaged, complete Roe for dirt cheap I can produce a limited VCA Members Only series in 1:18 by taking measurements of the real thing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang