mods waste of money

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trent,

Your dyno numbers are right on for a creampuff, dont worry just practice driving it down the track and you will get the number you are looking for.

OP
OP
F

fast?

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After getting some sims and a vec from sean my car i think is producing the right numbers. 443.3 rwhp 476.9 rwtq
i took the 70 mm throttle bodies off and put the stock ones back on also. i also installed btr propane nitrous and man is there a difference. BEST MOD FOR THE MONEY! 578.4 rwhp and 643rwtq.
i think my torque #s are low because my dyno guy went full open throttle starting at 3600rpm and i am seeing other high dyno torque #s between 2600-3500 rpm.
thanks for the input guys.
what should be my next mod aluminum radiator or heavy duty half shafts???? get my car running cooler or make it stronger so i wont have to have a tow if my shafts break???????? if i go with the the radiator how much cooler will my car run in this HOT vegas heat?

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trent,
There ya go -- those dyno numbers look right on.

Heavy-duty half shafts are a must if you're doing a lot of drag racing on street tires, or if you're doing ANY serious racing on slicks. I recommend the UNITRAX sets, as list members have had excellent luck with them. Regarding the radiator upgrade, realize it will only help you keep the temp down when you're moving, so if your car is already running in the 190-195 range on the freeway, it won't help. If you're roadracing and the temp is getting >200, the radiator will help.

OP
OP
F

fast?

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hi treynor. how long does it take to have the unitrax installed? so, the radiator wont run my engine any cooler when i am stopped? on the highway i run just above 190 but stop and go my car runs way past the 190 third slash. my car seems to get hot also when waiting in line at the drag strip waiting for my turn.

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trent -- the Unitrax should take less than an hour to install. Regarding the radiator, your temp during stop-n-go traffic is determined by when your fan comes on, which is under the ECU's control. If you want to keep temps down while you're in line at the dragstrip, let the car cool with the hood open while you're waiting for your group to be called. About the only thing to keep temps down while you're idling is a bypass switch to keep the fan running full-time, as well as a 180-degree thermostat swap to let the coolant circulate at lower temps. A big radiator only helps you when the heat being generated by the engine exceeds the ability of the radiator shed heat at speed, and not particularly when your temp is determined by thermostat and (more importantly) cooling fan activation.

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got mine from Parts Rack; from memory, they were about $800 and are rated for 800 HP. I have those on our stock car; for my DLM car I have the ones rated for 1200 HP
supergrin.gif

Mike Adams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trent go to you local Dodge dealer and order a PCM for a 1998 or 1998 Viper. You gain torque, no check engine if you have some sort of cats. I have taken cats of 1997 and no lights have come on

Thanks

Mike Adams

OP
OP
F

fast?

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the info mike. i got the vec1 and it fixed most of my problems
443.3rwhp 476.9rwtq
btr nitrous propane
578.4rwhp 643.6rwtq
what should my next upgrade be?????half shafts-fluidyne-ripper shifter-what you think??? or is there a horsepower mod i should add???

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960