Monday we find out who is faster at Laguna Seca, ZR1 or Gen V

Status
Not open for further replies.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Merry Christmas to the Viper Nation. Just for fun, I am adding another to Jack B's list. Failure to spend Christmas in New Zealand.:)
You must be registered for see images attach

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
993TT runs door to door to the F50 at only 110k which both were built in 96. The McLaren was the only real supercar made in 1996. Half million dollar supercars getting beat down? From which stand point because Aventador from 0-60 to mile runs away from anything around 150k and below on 4 wheels. Bench racer anytime you in NC let me know.

0-60 to mile? Who exactly races that? There is not even a real performance measure...... LOL, I hope you can at least realize how that sounds.

For the matter of the 993TT was faster than the Gen 1 0-60, 1/4 mile, and top speed and the Gen II in 0-60 and top speed. So where is the utter dominance you speak of? You are only painting yourself into a corner.

You will not beat the modern AWD paddle shift cars with high hp and launch control with a RWD stick in 0-60 and 1/4 mile. Not gonna happen unless the Viper gets to 200k with a CF chassis and weighing 2700 lbs like the other cars. An 800 hp Gen V still isn't going to beat them in 0-60 and likle 1/4 mile. Nor is it going to be a reliable, or reasonable engine for SRT to get through CAFE standards.

As far as modern times and REAL performance measures, I see an ACR, ZR1 and Z06 beating the Aventador around the track along (Gen V door to door on the track) with the MP4-12C, LFA, and pretty much everything else. Need I mention the humbling put on at the Ring? Pagani, Ferrari, Porsche CGT, LFA, maserati, Mclaren, Saleen, Ultima, Koenigsegg all getting beat down.

I will likely be at Monticello Motorsports Club, Sep 6-8, feel free to come see some real driving. Highway racing is for chumps, sandbaggers, hustlers and kids. No one is stock anyways, so factory hp is really pointless. Real drivers do driving that actually requires skill. Let's see your 1/4 mile times, lap times or something relevant............

JohnnyLightning

Enthusiast
Reaction score
0-60 to mile? Who exactly races that? There is not even a real performance measure...... LOL, I hope you can at least realize how that sounds.

For the matter of the 993TT was faster than the Gen 1 0-60, 1/4 mile, and top speed and the Gen II in 0-60 and top speed. So where is the utter dominance you speak of? You are only painting yourself into a corner.

You will not beat the modern AWD paddle shift cars with high hp and launch control with a RWD stick in 0-60 and 1/4 mile. Not gonna happen unless the Viper gets to 200k with a CF chassis and weighing 2700 lbs like the other cars. An 800 hp Gen V still isn't going to beat them in 0-60 and likle 1/4 mile. Nor is it going to be a reliable, or reasonable engine for SRT to get through CAFE standards.

As far as modern times and REAL performance measures, I see an ACR, ZR1 and Z06 beating the Aventador around the track along (Gen V door to door on the track) with the MP4-12C, LFA, and pretty much everything else. Need I mention the humbling put on at the Ring? Pagani, Ferrari, Porsche CGT, LFA, maserati, Mclaren, Saleen, Ultima, Koenigsegg all getting beat down.

I will likely be at Monticello Motorsports Club, Sep 6-8, feel free to come see some real driving. Highway racing is for chumps, sandbaggers, hustlers and kids. No one is stock anyways, so factory hp is really pointless. Real drivers do driving that actually requires skill. Let's see your 1/4 mile times, lap times or something relevant............

Apparently you missed 3rd grade since I put "0-60 to mile runs" LOL Maybe you have never seen mile races before google it. 800hp going to be reliable really? We are talking about 720rwhp on a forged motor that the forged 488 can put out with no issues since it has been done for many years. Going to Monticello Motorsports Club September 6-8 *** that is like 9 months away holy s*#&@ dude. I will be at Rockingham Speedway next week please come join me for test and tune. Let me know what to bring 2 or 4 wheels. By the way that is where the 6speed Viper record was held if you didn't know that. A 800hp Viper can run mid 10s all day with a good driver with Nitto Invo Performance Tires. "Street racing is for chumps, sandbaggers, hustlers and kids" I take it you would never go to TXTK LOL. Here is a video of a 2006 Viper on Nitto Invo Performance Tires http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYUz2XJjiTo with some boost. Education 101 in the house since apparently no way you can win without AWD paddle shifters and launch control with a 6speed RWD car on street tires that perform on a road course also. :eater:

Last edited:

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently you missed 3rd grade since I put "0-60 to mile runs" LOL Maybe you have never seen mile races before google it. 800hp going to be reliable really? We are talking about 720rwhp on a forged motor that the forged 488 can put out with no issues since it has been done for many years. Going to Monticello Motorsports Club September 6-8 *** that is like 9 months away holy s*#&@ dude. I will be at Rockingham Speedway next week please come join me for test and tune. Let me know what to bring 2 or 4 wheels. By the way that is where the 6speed Viper record was held if you didn't know that. A 800hp Viper can run mid 10s all day with a good driver with Nitto Invo Performance Tires. "Street racing is for chumps, sandbaggers, hustlers and kids" I take it you would never go to TXTK LOL. Here is a video of a 2006 Viper on Nitto Invo Performance Tires http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYUz2XJjiTo with some boost. Education 101 in the house since apparently no way you can win without AWD paddle shifters and launch control with a 6speed RWD car on street tires that perform on a road course also. :eater:

A mile race is not a street race, standing miles, roll racing on airstrips (while still not requiring much skill) and any type of legal organized activity is clearly distinct from STREET RACING, or are you the only person here that does not realize that. You are trying to compare aftermarket built motors to factory ones that have to meet emissions, be warrantied and civilized for daily driving? You can't be serious...... And then the nerve to mention a MODDED 158 mph trapping Viper (probably 900-1100 whp). I guess you expect SRT to build that too huh so you can beat the STOCK FACTORY AWD cars???? And last I saw, Nitto Invo's don't come on anything as factory equipment.

Come on man........:crazy2::rolleyes:

I'm not driving all those hrs to shut you up without three things, money on the table (to make sure you show up) a drag strip and a road course (both). I don't have time to play around. Put your money where your mouth is. I have a schedule to tend to and events to win. Rockingham is in NC, first you were talking about New york, which one is it? I'll be at CMP in May with NARRA. Plenty of strips around to run on Friday night.

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good points man yes X2 on the car being over hyped. That is why I'm not going to be buying the 1st year model. Gonna wait another year or possibly two. Hopefully SRT will make those changes ^^ mentioned^^..

+1 We can only hope... .

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Time for a reality check for this thread.

It is Christmas. It is a time of rejoicing. It is a time of family. It is a time of renewing friendships. It is a time of thanks. It is a time of appreciation. A time to look forward to the coming year. A time for forgiveness. A time to appreciate how fortunate we are. A time to be aware that most people in the world could not imagine having or spending the money for a Viper or arguing over two seconds.

A group of volunteers from the hospital here in Dunedin spent yesterday(Christmas Day in New Zealand) at St. John's Church serving Christmas dinner to the poor, the elderly, the homeless, the disabled,and borderline mentally ill. People ate as much as possible since it may be the one meal for several days. Each adult and child were given a Christmas gift. You should have seen the joy of a small child getting his or her only gift/toy for Christmas. At the end, loafs of bread and the remaining food was given out. Of the group, that I was serving, an 85 year old woman noted the loaf of bread and spare food will last her for at least a week. She lived alone and had no family to celebrate the Holidays.

Be thankful. Be considerate. Appreciate the gifts that you have been given.

Merry Christmas to all.

HOLLYWOOD1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not that worried about the fact that everyone is .tired but I am not sure if this was even mentioned before so I thought that I would mention this anyway. Just wanted to say that the 2 second difference for a 2.3 mile course if this difference is extrapolated against the Nurgurgrig 7.3 mile course would make the difference over 6 seconds on the Ring which is clearly having its a$$ handed to it on a platter. The car is in its first year and these results obviously show that the car was far from dialed in so this is what we will obviously have to live with. The new viper had the 3.55 gears versus the 3.42s fom the vette and still got beat due to the better braking abilities of the ZR1 which I initially thought would be negligible. What I am not sure about is with these gears the snake still could not keep up with the ZR1 even on the straights so would the 3.42s have been a better gear? Where I am going with this all is that some of you guys think that the snake will own the Ring. To this unless someone can explain why the snake would best the ZR1 I would say to keep the heck away until this car is dialed in....this would save us a bunch more embarrasment.

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car is not going to beat the ZR1 until it gets better tires. Not driven equally by equal drivers. Just not going to happen. The car is fast enough to be REALLY close, maybe even slightly ahead. Just not on the Corsas. Get used to seeing it beaten by ZR1 with PDE, and Z07 on a regular basis and maybe a GT-R every now and then. Cars are just easier to drive and have more grip.

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car is not going to beat the ZR1 until it gets better tires. Not driven equally by equal drivers. Just not going to happen. The car is fast enough to be REALLY close, maybe even slightly ahead. Just not on the Corsas. Get used to seeing it beaten by ZR1 with PDE, and Z07 on a regular basis and maybe a GT-R every now and then. Cars are just easier to drive and have more grip.

:bdh::bdh::bdh:

Keep in mind one thing, with Randy Pobst driving the 2008 ACR the best lap time he got at Laguna Seca was 135.1 (ahem 2 seconds slower). If SRT did not bring their own driver to the Laguna Seca in 2010 they would of never had the record to begin with.

I still do not believe we have had an opportunity to see what this car can do as it sits. We have amateurs from the club that have been able to duplicate a 133 time in a Gen 4 ACR.

We need a REAL VIPER DRIVER in this car before anything can be said about the tires and brakes not being able to perform.

Last edited:

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:bdh::bdh::bdh:

Keep in mind one thing, with Randy Pobst driving the 2008 ACR the best lap time he got at Laguna Seca was 135.1 (ahem 2 seconds slower). If SRT did not bring their own driver to the Laguna Seca in 2010 they would of never had the record to begin with.

I still do not believe we have had an opportunity to see what this car can do as it sits. We have amateurs from the club that have been able to duplicate a 133 time in a Gen 4 ACR.

We need a REAL VIPER DRIVER in this car before anything can be said about the tires and brakes not being able to perform.

How about reading the post before ranting. I said driven equally with equal drivers. SRT went with a team of engineers and spent a lot of time tweaking the setup. Randy didn't have all of that. And we all know the 2010 is significantly faster than the 2008 anyways. Any normal test is going to have the drivers in the same car on the same day with a few laps. They won't be sending the factory drivers with a team of engineers to test for a day or 3. Amateurs from the club in completely stock (down to the tires) ACR's going as fast/faster than Winkler/Pobst? Let's see some verification. Show me proof of that. I'm aware of some guys doing similar times on r6's, but now, that wouldn't be stock would it.

Real Viper driver huh? Randy has issued a challenge to SRT to bring whomever they want to the track to drive on a green track (do you know what that means) with a few laps like he gets to do and see who comes out on top. There are no excuses there. SRT can send Jonathan Bomarito there and set the record straight and be done with it.

The fact of the matter is that under normal equal same day same test conditions, the ZR1 will win. You can cherry pick circumstances all you want, but the fact remains is that the effect is nullified when they aren't tested same day same/equal drivers in the same conditions.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hear hear!! A sort of belated Merry Christmas on this 2nd day of Christmas to all. I for one am very grateful for all the beyond wonderful people I met when attending my second VOI as a guest earlier this year, a number of whom received real-world Christmas cards instead of the electronic ones with a small memory blurb from when we encountered each other, in the original meaning of the Christmas Spirit that nowadays seems to have been largely forgotten.

We might want to be a bit more thankful that Viper, hell the entire company (!) were given the faith and will to survive beyond bankruptcy thanks to a lot of folks who are passionate on a level that by far surpasses just the proverbial cloud 9. Had this not happened the lines at the employment offices might have very well been supplemented with a lot of Chrysler employees at this very moment!

Let's keep having the Viper Faith and Spirit by supporting an extraordinary group of people who listen to every whim we send their way and at least TRY to meet our demands!

It is Christmas. It is a time of rejoicing. It is a time of family. It is a time of renewing friendships. It is a time of thanks. It is a time of appreciation. A time to look forward to the coming year. A time for forgiveness. A time to appreciate how fortunate we are. A time to be aware that most people in the world could not imagine having or spending the money for a Viper or arguing over two seconds.

A group of volunteers from the hospital here in Dunedin spent yesterday(Christmas Day in New Zealand) at St. John's Church serving Christmas dinner to the poor, the elderly, the homeless, the disabled,and borderline mentally ill. People ate as much as possible since it may be the one meal for several days. Each adult and child were given a Christmas gift. You should have seen the joy of a small child getting his or her only gift/toy for Christmas. At the end, loafs of bread and the remaining food was given out. Of the group, that I was serving, an 85 year old woman noted the loaf of bread and spare food will last her for at least a week. She lived alone and had no family to celebrate the Holidays.

Be thankful. Be considerate. Appreciate the gifts that you have been given.

Merry Christmas to all.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you InjectTheVenom, at least someone has read my post and appreciate how fortunate we are as a Viper Nation....rather than continue the absurdity of this thread.

Last edited:

GreenVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is Christmas. It is a time of rejoicing. It is a time of family, the poor, the elderly, the homeless, the disabled,and borderline mentally ill.
Merry Christmas to all.

That literally describes some of my family!!
Actually WGAS about 2 seconds? If you want the Viper... Get it!! If you don't... Don't. Get what you want based on what stirs your soul, not what some article in some publication suggests. No matter what decision you make, At the end of the day they're is always going to be someone or something bigger, faster, stronger, more powerful, better looking, richer or more intelligent. If you let that bother you, you will never be happy!! Ask God to plant your feet on solid ground and direct your path then you will be where you are meant to be. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

jvp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car is not going to beat the ZR1 until it gets better tires. [...]Cars are just easier to drive and have more grip.

More tire will mean quicker fading of the existing brakes. I'm not sure why this point is so difficult for certain folks to grasp. If the current brakes are fading as reported by "Motor Trend" with the existing tires, then shodding the car with tires that grip better will put even more strain on the brakes. Meaning they'll fade sooner.

jas

JohnnyLightning

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A mile race is not a street race, standing miles, roll racing on airstrips (while still not requiring much skill) and any type of legal organized activity is clearly distinct from STREET RACING, or are you the only person here that does not realize that. You are trying to compare aftermarket built motors to factory ones that have to meet emissions, be warrantied and civilized for daily driving? You can't be serious...... And then the nerve to mention a MODDED 158 mph trapping Viper (probably 900-1100 whp). I guess you expect SRT to build that too huh so you can beat the STOCK FACTORY AWD cars???? And last I saw, Nitto Invo's don't come on anything as factory equipment.

Come on man........:crazy2::rolleyes:

I'm not driving all those hrs to shut you up without three things, money on the table (to make sure you show up) a drag strip and a road course (both). I don't have time to play around. Put your money where your mouth is. I have a schedule to tend to and events to win. Rockingham is in NC, first you were talking about New york, which one is it? I'll be at CMP in May with NARRA. Plenty of strips around to run on Friday night.

Mile Race doesn't require much skill are you f*@&! serious? :leave: Please get out of your fantasy because there are plenty of 800rwhp vipers on the roads that drive just like a stock one that can pass emissions. Even on michelins I guarantee a 800rwhp Viper could run mid 10s all day long with a good driver. If a car company wanted Nittos they could put them on.

3 Rings OMG dude did you win the superbowl? Where was I talking about New York seriously are you delusional? Please quote me on that one. I would love to race you but since you have three superbowl rings you might try to tackle me going down the strip in your car. :mf:

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well a test on the same day with two different drivers would be a test of which is the faster car AND the faster driver. I'd be ok with MT doing a test like this but I don't see a win win for them with this scenario unless they know something we don't.

As I mentioned before, if Randy gets shown up by one of SRT's engineer or factory driver that could make him or MT's past test look suspect to the masses, as in Randy and MT didnt get the best time out on any of the other cars they tested. The only way they would do a test like this is if they are absolutely sure beyond a shadow of a doubt that the Viper as it stands, in the hands of any other driver will never beat the ZR1 on Laguna.

I think Bluestreak and JVP my be on to something with the tire and brake issue. If that's the case then someone like Randy Pobst would easily be able to make that call and be confident in making that challenge. Ralph already indirectly admitted there is a performance gap between both cars in favor of the ZR1. So I don't think a driver change with the current setup will beat the ZR1 folks. If the factory drivers couldn't beat the ZR1, by virtue of Ralph's tweet, then what is the point of SRT sending a factory driver to challenge Pobst?

You got to read between the lines and ignore the hype on either side. So what if the factory driver is .5 quicker than Randy? The Viper still loses and more bad press for SRT. Can you imagine the thread on here after that fiasco? LOL. I guess we will just have to sit back and see what transpires.

EDIT: I wonder if SRT tested the Viper against the ZR1 at Laguna. If they didnt they may not have been aware of a possible ***** in the braking on a track that is brake heavy like Laguna according the Randy. So maybe thats why there is a 2 second gap at Laguna whereas in SRT testing on another track, less brake intensive, there was a much closer gap. Just thinking out loud. Ralph and SRT know what they are doing but no one can account for everything 100% of the time hence most cars have 1 year jitters.

Last edited:

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about reading the post before ranting. I said driven equally with equal drivers. SRT went with a team of engineers and spent a lot of time tweaking the setup. Randy didn't have all of that. And we all know the 2010 is significantly faster than the 2008 anyways.

As I remember SRT lowered the car slightly for the record run and that was it. The 2010 is only faster if you are using 5th, I am not sure how much you use 5th in a viper at Laguna, the best time Randy got in the old ACR was 135.1, a shorter 5th gear is not going to make up the difference from 135.1 to 133. Fact remains randy could not even make the old car go fast, Why would you think he could make the new on do it.

Last edited:

JohnnyLightning

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about reading the post before ranting. I said driven equally with equal drivers. SRT went with a team of engineers and spent a lot of time tweaking the setup. Randy didn't have all of that. And we all know the 2010 is significantly faster than the 2008 anyways.=QUOTE]

As I remember SRT lowered the car slightly for the record run and that was it. The 2010 is only faster if you are using 5th, I am not sure how much you use 5th in a viper at Laguna but the fact remains the best Randy got in the old ACR was 135.1, a shorter 5th gear is not going to make up the difference from 135.1 to 133. Fact remains randy could not even make the old car go fast, Why would you think he could make the new on do it.

Because this dude has 3 rings. :talk

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I remember SRT lowered the car slightly for the record run and that was it. The 2010 is only faster if you are using 5th, I am not sure how much you use 5th in a viper at Laguna, the best time Randy got in the old ACR was 135.1, a shorter 5th gear is not going to make up the difference from 135.1 to 133. Fact remains randy could not even make the old car go fast, Why would you think he could make the new on do it.

Do you drive on track? Do you know handling characteristics of mpsc? If you did you would know that simple ride height adjustments can make a huge difference. Not to mention what alignment they showed up with, heat in the mpsc ( which are not easy to get hot) and a completely green and probably dusty track.

Im wondering how many people have actually driven on track that are talking about Randy. You guys wouldget laughed out of any track event talking this nonsense. We will see if srt accepts randys challenge or decides to go on their own again. That will tell us what we need to know. Lets see someone beat Randy on the same day in the same conditions before talking about a CHAMPION WINNING DRIVER.

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you drive on track? Do you know handling characteristics of mpsc? If you did you would know that simple ride height adjustments can make a huge difference. Not to mention what alignment they showed up with, heat in the mpsc ( which are not easy to get hot) and a completely green and probably dusty track.

Im wondering how many people have actually driven on track that are talking about Randy. You guys wouldget laughed out of any track event talking this nonsense. We will see if srt accepts randys challenge or decides to go on their own again. That will tell us what we need to know. Lets see someone beat Randy on the same day in the same conditions before talking about a CHAMPION WINNING DRIVER.

Randy is very fast in his Volvo.... I just don't think we have seen the limit of a Gen 5 car. The Gen 4 did not need CC brakes to set records on tracks all over the world why are so many saying the viper needs them now.

I sat next to the pirelli representative at VOI 12, We talked for over two hours, I have to be the first to admit I will not be dismounting the sport cups on my car anytime soon. He said it wait and see. That is what I intend to do. One run on one track proves nothing.

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Randy Dominated World Challenge in more than just a Volvo. He made everyone look bad in a Porsche cup car year after year. No cup has won since other than factory porsche works driver patrick long. Randy would still be racking up championships if kapax had not switched to volvos which sucked the first couple of years. Slow and then unreliable.

The gen iv would not have set those records on corsas. I agree that one track is not definitive. But with Randy driving and a 2 second gap, it speaks volumes.

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The gen iv would not have set those records on corsas. I agree that one track is not definitive. But with Randy driving and a 2 second gap, it speaks volumes.

The corsas on the viper are very specific to the Gen 5 car, the compounds are even different front to back. You can not look at tire data from other cars. I am not saying they are better and to be honest I will have my sport cups on for the next Ontario track day because I trust them 100%. I am willing to keep an open mind about the corsas for now.

I will not continue to argue about Randy.

Driver confidence is gained for seat time. The viper may take longer to get comfrotable in then some of the other cars on the MT list.

Last edited:

canadian venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Randy Dominated World Challenge in more than just a Volvo. He made everyone look bad in a Porsche cup car year after year. No cup has won since other than factory porsche works driver patrick long. Randy would still be racking up championships if kapax had not switched to volvos which sucked the first couple of years. Slow and then unreliable.

You speak about Randy Pobst like if he was Schumacher....:dunno: He's a better than average racer, not world class tough. And he can't cope with the Viper, period. If we would listen to you, no new record would be good because they were not made in the same weather, track condition, height adjustment and so on..... Lets see if hat record stands for 2 years.....:drive:

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
EDIT: I wonder if SRT tested the Viper against the ZR1 at Laguna. If they didnt they may not have been aware of a possible ***** in the braking on a track that is brake heavy like Laguna according the Randy. So maybe thats why there is a 2 second gap at Laguna whereas in SRT testing on another track, less brake intensive, there was a much closer gap. Just thinking out loud. Ralph and SRT know what they are doing but no one can account for everything 100% of the time hence most cars have 1 year jitters.

I run laguna quite a bit,and having good solid brakes is important. When Randy said that he was cautious with the Vipers braking,and had to brake a little earlier before the turns. I knew what he meant..

It's great that SRT is back racing because the new Viper WILL evolve from this. It's the reason why I will wait ,and purchase the 2nd- 3rd year model..

tbi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Hercules drives the Viper then Hades the Blue Devil will fall

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mile Race doesn't require much skill are you f*@&! serious? :leave: Please get out of your fantasy because there are plenty of 800rwhp vipers on the roads that drive just like a stock one that can pass emissions. Even on michelins I guarantee a 800rwhp Viper could run mid 10s all day long with a good driver. If a car company wanted Nittos they could put them on.

3 Rings OMG dude did you win the superbowl? Where was I talking about New York seriously are you delusional? Please quote me on that one. I would love to race you but since you have three superbowl rings you might try to tackle me going down the strip in your car. :mf:

If you are clueless enough to think that these super modded cars would surpass a manufacturers standards for reliability and government standards for emissions (from a manufacturer), you don't have a clue. SRT doesn't have it as simple as driving through a 5 minute drive thru in one car to pass emissions.

The corsas on the viper are very specific to the Gen 5 car, the compounds are even different front to back. You can not look at tire data from other cars. I am not saying they are better and to be honest I will have my sport cups on for the next Ontario track day because I trust them 100%. I am willing to keep an open mind about the corsas for now.

I will not continue to argue about Randy.

Driver confidence is gained for seat time. The viper may take longer to get comfrotable in then some of the other cars on the MT list.

I respect that, but FYI there is no tire with that much tread on it other than a super soft Hoosier wet (that would melt in a lap or two) that will run with MPSC. You can even see that Pirelli's fastest DOT tire looks almost identical to the MPSC. Don't believe the hype.

You speak about Randy Pobst like if he was Schumacher....:dunno: He's a better than average racer, not world class tough. And he can't cope with the Viper, period. If we would listen to you, no new record would be good because they were not made in the same weather, track condition, height adjustment and so on..... Lets see if hat record stands for 2 years.....:drive:

Last I saw Schumacher wasn't driving at laguna. I'm comparing Randy to the mag drivers and test drivers we are likely to see. Fact of the matter is that a test driver with a factory full of setup guys at the track with him can probably go faster, but if it's not the same day under the same conditions, it doesn't really prove anything. Take a stock Gen V, straight from the showroom to the track, do 5 laps and beat Randy. That will prove something, but I bet they still aren't going to beat the ZR1. Or better yet accept Randy's challenge and have Randy drive for his reputation vs someone that can challenge him and watch the Viper go faster.

But if you think for 1 second he's 2 seconds off the pace under that criteria, you are smoking.

Waiting on Blue Streak's explaining where I challenged him in NY. :eater:

Look man, either take my challenge or put a lid on it and stay on subject. We can both send $1500 to a 3rd party (insurance for a no show). Schedule a Friday drag night in conjunction with a road course event. I'll even handicap you on the Road Course. Im not good at drag racing and my car is not set up for it. But it's worth it to see if you are all talk.

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
More tire will mean quicker fading of the existing brakes. I'm not sure why this point is so difficult for certain folks to grasp. If the current brakes are fading as reported by "Motor Trend" with the existing tires, then shodding the car with tires that grip better will put even more strain on the brakes. Meaning they'll fade sooner.

jas

No, not really, better tires means he can corner faster, and therefore get off the brakes earlier, thereby using LESS brake. Not only that, slightly long pedal hasn't stopped anyone from going that fast. They did not say pedal to the floor, or that Randy couldn't make the turn. Get your face out of the magazine for a minute and use some of that claimed real world experience to draw a conclusion for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235