Monster Power Performance Bolt-on TWIN TURBO Dyno #'s

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Monster Power Performance Bolt-on TWIN TURBO Dyno #\'s

As reported by Paolo Castellano.....

"We got the car to the dyno today and were pleased that Larry @ Sound Performance was able to squeeze us in today as he was busy getting some cars done and taking care of business to go out of town!

This power you are about to see is with the smallest turbos we will be offering with our bolt-on system.

It is an .81AR T-04 turbine housing with a 58mm compressor wheel on the inducer side.

We ran 5.75 PSI on a stock motor (except for roller rockers) through a 3" rear exhaust.

I will post the RWHP before the RWTQ for Chad: 744 RWTQ and 648 RWHP(Oops!)

Larry put in only 15 degrees of timing at the torque peak and ramped it up from there to no more than 20 degrees by the upper RPM range.

With a voltage booster on the stock fuel system, the air to fuel ratio was a steady 11.3:1.

We saw no hint of running out of fuel at this power level.

The air inlet temperatures were about 102 degrees.

What I really like about this dyno graph is:

1. The area under the curve.

2. The slope of the curve, they are very gradual and should make for very nice driveability.

3. We had 660+ RWTQ @ 3000 RPM and still had 593 RWTQ @ 5700 RPM.

4. From 3000 RPM to 5700, we had 581 AVERAGE RWHP and 690 AVERAGE RWTQ

5. The RWHP is pretty constant from 4600-5700 RPM

6. The RWTQ is fairly constant from 3600-4600 RPM

Well here is the graph, Enjoy!"

3459556692-John_D_Amico_dyno_sheet_648RWHP_744_RWTQ.jpg

womsterr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Monster Power Performance Bolt-on TWIN TURBO Dyno #\'s

Let me play devils advocate here and ask a question that is being asked on some other boards. Aren't those numbers more easily attainable (phyically and finacially) with a SC?

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Let me play devils advocate here and ask a question that is being asked on some other boards. Aren't those numbers more easily attainable (phyically and finacially) with a SC?
OOOH SHEEEET!Here comes PC VOL #23428752358747583957394572934729752935729453457
Congrats Paolo,I believe these #'s are prelim and the example of the quality and efficency of the TT kit.
:2tu:

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

womsterr, that is a very good question!

The simple answer is no.

I have never seen a supercharged Viper make 744 RWTQ or 648 RWHP on 5.75 PSI on a stock motor with roller rockers on 93 octane with the conservative timing and air to fuel ratios we employed.

This is just the beginning of what this system can do with the smallest T-04 turbos we are offering with the DIY system.

This system is fully upgradeable to as much power as a Viper block can possibly handle with intercooling capabilities that the twin screw superchargers for the Viper do not have.

There is no belt tightening and boost levels are adjustable from inside the car with a boost controller without having to change the pulley.

The superchargers have the parasitic drag to spin the blower and will never make the same HP and/or torque as turbochargers can.

If I can get enough deposits for these systems to build in high volume, you would be surprised at just how affordable the Viper twin turbo systems could be! :2tu:

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

OOOH SHEEEET!Here comes PC VOL #23428752358747583957394572934729752935729453457
Congrats Paolo,I believe these #'s are prelim and the example of the quality and efficency of the TT kit.
:2tu:

TOOOFST, is the wife going to let you come out so you can go for a ride?

==> You will beg for mercy! :headbang:

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score

The simple answer is no.

I have never seen a supercharged Viper make 744 RWTQ or 648 RWHP on 5.75 PSI on a stock motor with roller rockers on 93 octane with the conservative timing and air to fuel ratios we employed.

This is just the beginning of what this system can do with the smallest T-04 turbos we are offering with the DIY system.

This system is fully upgradeable to as much power as a Viper block can possibly handle with intercooling capabilities that the twin screw superchargers for the Viper do not have.

There is no belt tightening and boost levels are adjustable from inside the car with a boost controller without having to change the pulley.

The superchargers have the parasitic drag to spin the blower and will never make the same HP and/or torque as turbochargers can.

If I can get enough deposits for these systems to build in high volume, you would be surprised at just how affordable the Viper twin turbo systems could be! :2tu:

3 questions: 1. Is this system something an avg. person can install, meaning basic tools and basic mechanical skill? 2. How much, (if any), tuning will the car require after. 3. I would need a ballpark figure to put down a deposit, a high-low figure would be best. Thanks.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Paolo any chance of time payments?

OP
OP
J

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I can handle financing for a nominal fee. :2tu:

Stu

this is exactly what you need to "bolt-on" to your car. as strong as your car is at the moment it would make over 700 rwhp at the same boost level as this one.

John

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score

JDAWG:
3 questions: 1. Is this system something an avg. person can install, meaning basic tools and basic mechanical skill? 2. How much, (if any), tuning will the car require after. 3. I would need a ballpark figure to put down a deposit, a high-low figure would be best. Thanks.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My only questions would be:
1) What the heck would I do with my SC?
2) What would I do with my headers?

Does this kit require a VEC2 to control it?

OP
OP
J

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

JDAWG:

Jeff

Paolo will certainly answer your questions. I am mostly here for entertainment reasons, BUT I can honestly say that this is a "bolt-on" kit requiring average skill and tools to get it on the car. So yes to #1. The Viper is a pretty easy car to work on and if you would feel comfortable taking off your exhaust and bolting one back on then you will enjoy this project. If one can handle routing predesigned piping and clamping everything together than one will be fine. If you go with an intercooler and can handle taking a few bolts out and removing the fascia then using existing/added brackets bolting everything back up then you will really enjoy a project like this. Also adding a voltage booster with the base kit requires running wires close to the fuel pump.

This system as well as any other boosted application will require tuning, BUt the wonderful thing about this or any other reputable tuner is that they spend hours at the dyno testing and creating base maps that will direct and get the system performing at a base level. Additional tuning for this sytem or any system would be recommended by Paolo or any other tuner one would buy a DIY kit from. Just like the ROE s/c, Sean has many sample files to get one started, but it is recommended that one would spend some time on the dyno with their car "fine tuning" the a/f and timing. So yes it would be beneficial in order to get optimal results to get some additional tuning beyond the base maps whether one decides to go with a VEC2 or AEM with this or any system period. You would be surprised how fun and easy it actually is tuning with a VEC2 and wideband(a/f). There are also many people, other than tuners, out there who do an incredible job tuning with these different management systems.

#3 - my advice unfortunately is free, BUT donations are accepted. This is Paolo's system, I have no formal affiliation with it, BUT the results are pretty damn impressive I would say. :2tu:

John

Jeff - where are you located.

Carleton

Viper Owner
Reaction score

J DAWG

Was this system installed on your Viper? The 2001 Creampuff?

Carleton

BLWNASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I like it. I have been watching Paolo's developments at the alley. I would be interested to see what kind of financial numbers are we talking about? Let's all get serious and see how low we might be able to make this, and make him some much deserved money.

I might just have to get myself a news years present sooner than later.

Really a nice project he is putting together for the whole Viper community. Thankyou for your effort.

OP
OP
J

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

J DAWG

Was this system installed on your Viper? The 2001 Creampuff?

Carleton

No Sir. It is on a 97 GTS.

Interesting thing. This TT kit on less than 6 pounds of boost makes the same power as my heads/cam and 150 shot nitrous creampuff and I ran a 10.19 on et streets. My car made 642/759.

Chicago John I am sure is having a blast driving this thing around.

John

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

BLWNASP, thank you for the kind words, I will surely hook you up! Please give me a call@ 630-878-3907 anytime!

John, thank you for filling in some information for some of the guys asking questions here today!

I would like to respond to all of the other positive feedback regarding our system but I just got back from the hospital.

I went to pick up my dad from the hospital from getting dialysis done and there was a firetruck and ambulance with flashing lights when I pulled up. The guy said a guy named Castellano was having kidney pains and they were taking him to the ER. I just got back, am exhausted and have an early appointment tomorrow morning.

I promise to respond to each and every person that has shown support tomorrow when I get a chance.

My dad is fine now, the doctors think the stint got infected and that was causing the fever and shaking and kidney pains.

His kidney failure is a result from the the placque broken loose when he had an angiogram to diagnose heart problems which was compounded by the dye they used to do an MRI and CAT scan which poisons the kidneys. Some hospitals and doctors can turn a perfectly good superhero like my dad into a guy fighting for his life. Unreal. Anyway, Goodnight all. Paolo

GTSPOWERED

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have been thinking about installing either a supercharger or a turbo system for a while. This system is looking like the ideal system for me. The question I have is there is not many tuners in the north west Ohio area, what type of professional tuning would this system need after installation?

Patrick Mathias.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I can handle financing for a nominal fee. :2tu:

Stu

this is exactly what you need to "bolt-on" to your car. as strong as your car is at the moment it would make over 700 rwhp at the same boost level as this one.

John

Thats exactly what I was thinking, my cars a beast now imagine with THIS package.

that would be great if financing could be available because im sure there is a few people that REALLY want this system but just can't drop 12K at one time (Im on eof them lol)

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm surprised that everyone's looking at the peak numbers only. I have to point out that in the graph, torque delivery is not smooth. There is a weak spot in the 3500-4500rpm range which is right in the middle of the powerband. That dip in the graph does not make for smooth driving. Some midrange tuning is required. Your response?

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm surprised that everyone's looking at the peak numbers only. I have to point out that in the graph, torque delivery is not smooth. There is a weak spot in the 3500-4500rpm range which is right in the middle of the powerband. That dip in the graph does not make for smooth driving. Some midrange tuning is required. Your response?

Avi,

Per Paolo's words. "You're Correct. We need to add a little bit of timing in that area where the dip is and this is only the preliminary tune. Its very safe timing in air to fuel ratios. Larry from SoundPerformance had to leave town for the weekend, so we tuned the car safe, no knock, and a VERY conservative air to fuel ratio. When Larry returns we'll smooth out that dip, make some more area under the curve and of course higher peak numbers."

Cheers,

Jay K.

EDNLI

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Paolo,

Thanks again for delivering the car exactly how I wanted it!!! The 648rwhp / 744rwtq really combines the performance and driveability that I wanted! One thing I really noticed from driving it is how smooth it delivers the power. Never driving a car with this kind of power before, I wasn't sure how I would respond to it. I have to say that after being behind the wheel that I feel very comfortable and confident in the car and look forward to putting on plenty of miles this weekend!

Thanks again Paolo!
The car looks, sounds, and performs great!
And there is nothing like driving downtown and listening to the whistle of the turbos bounce off the buildings and back at ya!!!

Talk to ya tonite!
John
97 TT Viper
Monster Power

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The simple answer is no.

First of all, I would like to thank JDAWG for his help filling in the blanks here for the time when I am not on the computer! Thank you!

Inferno, I will try to answer your questions as best I can:

1. I think this install will be no more difficult than a Roe Supercharger install aside from the additional time to cut the core support,install the intercooler piping, and trim the front fascia and fiberglass reinforcement to fit the intercooler.

2. The system will come with a base map so you can start the car. I would always advise putting the car on the dyno and having someone tune the car for your elevation, temperatures and conditions.

3. I have not really thought that much about getting deposits yet but I was thinking about 25-50% down for the first 20-50 systems. The more I can make at one time, the better price I can give everybody who buys them! :2tu:

STUGOTS, just send me a check for $1,000.00/month and when you get up to the dollar amount required to purchase the system you want we can get you taken care of! I can also take a credit card.

GTSnake, you can sell your supercharger and headers either on this site, the alley or on ebay. You will definitely need the VEC 2! :2tu: :headbang:

BLWNASP, Thank you for your interest and wanting to hook me up with some customers!

I think we should get a list going to see exactly how many people would be interested in bolting a system like this to their car. ==> The more, the merrier!

"I might just have to get myself a news years present sooner than later."

Like Sam Kinison said in the movie Back to School, " I like the way you think..... I'm going to be watching you...." :2tu: :headbang:

GTSPOWERED, Patrick, if you have been thinking about installing a TT on your car, we are not that far from northwest Ohio. Have you ever seen that sign that lists the labor rate for if you drop it off and come back when it is done, while you wait and if you help?(The rate goes higher and higher the more you are involved!) Just kidding!

Seroiusly though, you could come up here or I could even come and get it or have my friend Ralph Robles who transports Lamborghinis and Ferraris pick up your car on the way back here from the East. Airfare is cheap to Cleveland where my wife is from. You could drive the car here and drop it off, fly home and fly back when it is finished and tuned. You could do some bad-ass highway pulls on the way home!

AviP, JGK answered for me earlier as I was away from the CPU. I do not think people are really looking at the peak #'s of this dynograph as much as they are looking at the general area under the curve. I am confident we will be able to smooth out the curves to your satisfaction. :2tu:

John, I am glad you are pleased with the power delivery of this system and feel confident enough to explore the limits of your new found power! We will have fun gently feeling out exactly what this car can do this weekend!

WE need to do a WOT pull through the downtown and get in on video!(Just kidding!)

P.S. My dad is being kept at the hospital over the weekend but is doing and feeling better!

OP
OP
J

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

certainly a good point, but the beauty of the VEC2 or AEM is it allows one to add(in this case) more timing to smooth everything out. When I saw how little timing this car had on this run I could not believe the results. As Doug Levin is famous for saying "timing is horsepower" and adding some to that dip and thruout the rpm range is gonna not only smooth it out, but also create horsepower. I believe Paolo's intention was to get a nice clean run and some decent results. This car is by no means "finely" tunes at this point.

It is under the curve where most need to focus their attention. Just remeber this graph when you see others and how broad the torque band is on it compared to other applications. Paolo's curve are SWEET!!!

John