Mopar Race-do i need all 3 parts?

VeNumb

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Race Exhaust
Race Controller
Race Cam

-Can I install just the Exhaust? I heard I would need to get O2 simulators from Roe Racing.
-If I add the Controller, does it eliminate the need for the simulators?
-Can the Controller and Exhaust be added without the CAM?

How much is typical install for the cam?

Thanks,
George

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the exact same questions about the controller ... have you tried calling them to ask?

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I can answer some of your questions:

-Yes, you can install just the exhaust, but you WILL need 02 simulators. Unless....

-If you add the controller, it does eliminate the need for simulators

-Yes, the exhaust and controller can be added without the cam, though I do not have personal experience with the end power gains of not adding the cam into the mix.

Lastly, a typical Cam install will run you 1000+ bucks, in labor alone. Dont forget, you are going to need a full engine gasket package to do the job (a few hundred $$). The heads have to come off... I strongly recomend, if going through the trouble of a Cam swap, do other things as well... Headwork, lifters, rockers, pushrods, comp coupe oil pan, etc... to help balance the costs, it has to come out anyway.

FLYNLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Race Exhaust
Race Controller
Race Cam

-Can I install just the Exhaust? I heard I would need to get O2 simulators from Roe Racing.
-If I add the Controller, does it eliminate the need for the simulators?
-Can the Controller and Exhaust be added without the CAM?

How much is typical install for the cam?

Thanks,
George

Exactly what Final said is true. I did the Mopar race exhaust, and I used the O2 sims that plugged directly into the factory O2 harness. It works wonderfully. I didn't even have to cut any wires, thus preserving my oxygen sensors completely intact. The car sounds MEAN as hell now. Also, as for the cam, I would not spend the money on such a mild cam. If you're going to pay for the installation of a cam, I would do a more aggressive one particularly aimed at the type of mods you will be adding in the future if any. Like Final said, you might as well do all of those things because there is a lot of labor involved. While the heads are off, you could get headwork, roller-rockers etc...which would definitely cut down on the cost later down the road should you decide you want a monster in your garage.