Mopar racing exhaust and vec2 issues

Blue Bye U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have started adding mods to my 06 blue and silver coupe. I installed the Mopar racing exhaust (I like loud) but found the drone pitch deafning. Installed vortex cone to get it tolerable. The issue is the system grows in length and exceeds the opening after a hard drive. Initially on the left and now the right. Tried moving them forward in the cold position and tack welding. Any other suggestions?

Installed the vec2. The engine stopped minutes after starting and would not restart. Noted some smoke from the insert slot and smelled burnt but the green light was on. Plugged the by pass connections back and the engine ran fine. Has anyone had the box fry before and or any ideas on what may have caused it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Herc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put a VEC 2 from ROE last year on my old 05 and had problems with one of the
cylinders not firing, had to send it back for a new one. The circuit board
was bad.

Herc :usa:

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have heard the same about the Mopar system that is made by Borla. Our systems are are loud if you want them to be. We make different systems to satify our customers who like both loud and quite. If you click on my name at the left you can see our web site.

Robbie

OP
OP
B

Blue Bye U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On your website you say you can convert the Mopar/Borla system...what does this mean? Can you put your tips on the Mopar system?

Carleton

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Blue
Can you tell me how much the vortex cones diminish the drone. Also did the cones change the sound-pitch of the exhaust at all.

Thanks
Carleton

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
QUOTE: "On your website you say you can convert the Mopar/Borla system...what does this mean? Can you put your tips on the Mopar system? "

Yes we can install our system on the Mopar-Borla-Corsa-Bellanger systems by using thier tips and our mufflers. We can also use our tips if you like.

Robbie

OP
OP
B

Blue Bye U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The drone is still there, but the cones made it tolerable. The exhaust tone is still loud and sounds better with the cones....a more tuned sound. Above 3000 it's awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine