More Gen III GTS-R prototype pictures

Daffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I only hope they never actually make that thing in production.

Because if they did I'd end up paying whatever they asked to have one! Those are the best pic's I've seen of it & if it looks that good in 2D, it must be a real knock-out in person.

Dave.

Bobby Likis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my first GTS this year. It's a gorgeous Red with Cognac interior. I have been fortunate enough to have shared it with many admirers from all walks of life. it has Sal Zaino's treatment, Sean Roe's computer interface & clutch link, and almost all of George Ciamillo's Billet works of art. I've just now gotten the hang of all the benefits that come with owning this great car... and yet, I would trade it for the new GTS Concept today. Thanks for the terrific pictures. I think? Bobby Likis

GTzViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the ONLY car that would make me do the unthinkable....sell both my RT & GTS...I feel guilty even thinking about it, but I'd have to do it. If they can produce this car it will be the jewel and flagship of American sports cars.

GTzViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard some time ago that even if they do produce a coupe, the exterior will be redesigned because it did not do very well in the wind tunnel. My thought on that is...WHO CARES!! 500 h.p. will take care of that problem. I'd rather lose 5,10, whatever mph off the top speed of a car that can go 200+mph then sacrifice the Viper identity which is what the Gen III R/T is going to do if they don't go back and make some major changes. Yes, this is just my personal opinion, but tell me, how many times on this board did we hear how much better the Gen III looks in person,that pictures don't do it justice... Have you ever heard of that said about the Gen I? Nope! You can take a black and white picture of it and hang it upside down and it will still look good! There is nothing ordinary about the GenI R/T and there is nothing extraordinary about the GenIII R/T. I think that sums it up best for me.

dmora

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THe Oreca racing vipers have the vent on the roofline to aid in cooling of the cockpit for the driver. On mid engine cars its the intake, ala McLaren F1, Mercedes CLK-GTR...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JMcGuire:
If you compare the front and rear photos, it looks like the vent must go (1) nowhere, (2) somewhere inside the cockpit, (3) maybe down the sides to the brakes or something, or (4) to the third tail light, heh heh.

The Oreca Vipers have a vent up there... where did those go?

I think they've said the GTS-R prototype was never intended for production, although the Competition Coupe is very similar. Also, as I mentioned earlier, a couple months ago somebody took a picture of a 2003 RT/10 and did some minor Photo Shop doctoring and proved that the 2003 was very, very similar... surprisingly so, in fact.

I think they're crazy for not actually building this, though. It's deserving of a statement they made in that Viper episode of American Muscle Car a few weeks ago: "You wish you could be like me."

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKGiant