More tire news ... this time not good ... Pirelli related

Luke@tirerack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have been informed by Pirelli that the 345/25-20 P-Zero Rosso has been discontinued and all orders currently in the system will not be honored and are being cancelled.

With that said, Pirelli has announced there will be a replacement but, it is still in R&D at this time, and they currently can not give us any idea when it might arrive.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, Mike R, you're correct---it WAS the 345/30/19 PS2's I was asking about. They were under limited availability from Jon at PartsRack until apparently the new '08 Viper comes out...we don't need them right now, just wondered if they were stocking them yet.
Thank you for pointing out the correct size! ~juli~
***BTW MikeR---you have very similar mods done, and almost the exact same gains in hp/tq...don't track the car, so don't know the time...but that's EXcellent especially on the runflats. (have switched back to K&N air intake tho, used 'green' filters for quite awhile).

Last edited:

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
***BTW MikeR---you have very similar mods done, and almost the exact same gains in hp/tq...don't track the car, so don't know the time...but that's EXcellent especially on the runflats. (have switched back to K&N air intake tho, used 'green' filters for quite awhile).

Cool, these are kind of the must have mods in my opinion. The only other thing I may add is headers. And i should be heading back to track to see if PS2's make a difference at the track on launching. Im sure they will. Glad to know our cars are close. That gives you the warm feeling that something isnt wrong,:) like if people were dynoing 20+ more with same mods.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MikeR--EXactly...HAVE B&B Stepped Headers/Ceramic Coated...didn't make much gains in HP, as I was told would happen by Sean Roe and Chuck Tator both before purchasing.
Don't know if stepped headers or regular long-tubed headers make a difference actually.
Let me know about the PS2's on launch, that's the problem w/runflats, out of the hole, tho the car is not tracked, it's 'street raced'!! Would love to know what you think of the tires. ~juli~

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
MikeR--EXactly...HAVE B&B Stepped Headers/Ceramic Coated...didn't make much gains in HP, as I was told would happen by Sean Roe and Chuck Tator both before purchasing.
Don't know if stepped headers or regular long-tubed headers make a difference actually.
Let me know about the PS2's on launch, that's the problem w/runflats, out of the hole, tho the car is not tracked, it's 'street raced'!! Would love to know what you think of the tires. ~juli~

Thats odd on the headers. My buddy dynod without headers just corsa and NO cats, he put down 471 rwhp. Then a week later put on Kooks Headers and dyno'd 496rwhp on same dyno, roughly same temps. And saw huge 40+ hp gains in mid range. Im really hoping for same gains when I put on Bellangers. I just want to get over 500rwhp. :D

And as far as the PS2's, I already notice a difference in traction. Of course its getting warmer which helps. But other day I raced buddy in his SRT from a light, He got jump but was spinning. As I shifted to second I was pullling ******* him It launches alot better and sticks with PS2's. Dont get me wrong, you can still spin them, but I learned to kind of bog off the start and then get on it and it really helps. These tires rock.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was really expecting more out of the headers, but was fervently told by the experts here that the Gen III's do NOT gain w/headers, the advantage is of course, much cooler temp.
Everybody's car is different, tho, and also the dynos done have all been during really hot/humid temps, so even fine-tuning has been off--still runs too rich. Will get it fine-tuned. Nice to know about the PS2's, that would be the expected results...thanx for letting me know~ and HEY, just GETTING ON the car is a rush, then to have the bit stickier tires gotta be a great advantage!!! Was also hoping for 500+hp, that was the goal here too...will just have to see what another tuning on the dyno does w/the VECII computer and a cooler day. The headers DO make the driver's side more bearable, not as hot.
Good luck with your Bellanger headers, let me know how they dyno out. What was your stock dyno? 425 rwhp here. ~juli~

OP
OP
L

Luke@tirerack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, Mike R, you're correct---it WAS the 345/30/19 PS2's I was asking about. They were under limited availability from Jon at PartsRack until apparently the new '08 Viper comes out...

I have plenty of them in stock right now

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you, Luke!!! Don't need them right away, just hoping they were in stock when ready to order. ~juli~

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Was really expecting more out of the headers, but was fervently told by the experts here that the Gen III's do NOT gain w/headers, the advantage is of course, much cooler temp.
Everybody's car is different, tho, and also the dynos done have all been during really hot/humid temps, so even fine-tuning has been off--still runs too rich. Will get it fine-tuned. Nice to know about the PS2's, that would be the expected results...thanx for letting me know~ and HEY, just GETTING ON the car is a rush, then to have the bit stickier tires gotta be a great advantage!!! Was also hoping for 500+hp, that was the goal here too...will just have to see what another tuning on the dyno does w/the VECII computer and a cooler day. The headers DO make the driver's side more bearable, not as hot.
Good luck with your Bellanger headers, let me know how they dyno out. What was your stock dyno? 425 rwhp here. ~juli~

I never dyno'd stock unfortunately.
And I dont know much about the VEC2 But I got a reprogram from DC performance. One of the best mods I did. My car was also very Rich. After the reprogram, not only did I get more peak power, my graph was alot better. Just from removing cats and add reprogram I went from 467 to 486. But more importantly with the reprogram I gained about 40rwhp from about 3-5k range. It was amazing to compare dyno #'s about a week apart. The car was much stronger after the reprogram, especially 2nd or 3rd gear at about 3k. It is reallly potent in that range. Well hopefully headers get me over 500rwhp, Ill know in a couple months.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's GREAT improvements!! Just gotta get mine more fine-tuned...with the VECII, still running a bit too rich, but had very bad days when tuning (like I said, was too hot and humid), and needed the car back before re-dynoing/re-tuning could be done when car was cooler. Let me know what gains you get from your Belanger headers when installed and dynoed. Also get more peak power in the 3k/rpms..much stronger. These cars tend to run very rich, so leaning them down with some sort of programmer/tuner is needed. Glad to hear you got alot of gains and your stock dyno would probably be similar to mine, but everyone's Viper IS different. Good to hear how your car is doing, thanx! ~juli~

kmerical

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a contact at Nitto, and they are supposed to realease a 345/25/20 this quarter. It will be an Invo tire pattern. I have seen one on their promo semi, that was hand cut. I have been talking with them for almost a year about the tire. Anyway I am not sure if Luke can get any info on Nitto, but this maybe the only option for that tire size. Hopefully this helps all of you who are stuck with bald Pirelli's

Here is a link to the tire,

http://www.nittotire.com/#index.tire.invo

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a contact at Nitto, and they are supposed to realease a 345/25/20 this quarter. It will be an Invo tire pattern. I have seen one on their promo semi, that was hand cut. I have been talking with them for almost a year about the tire. Anyway I am not sure if Luke can get any info on Nitto, but this maybe the only option for that tire size. Hopefully this helps all of you who are stuck with bald Pirelli's

Here is a link to the tire,

http://www.nittotire.com/#index.tire.invo

Any new news on these tires? I'm wondering if I should wait on these or just order some 335/30/20 PS's ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32