More wheel photos on my Gen 5

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another set of Forgeline wheels. This time around, model GA3-6 in gloss black, with the Diamond Cut spoke upgrade. These are off of a Gen 3 car, so the sizes are 19x10 and 19x13, with a 0.5" spacer up front. I'll be ordering some black wheels for my car, after seeing these on it.

Any of you Viper owners shopping for wheels, I have all the fitment specs ready :)

Tony

You must be registered for see images attach

Vividracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks great. We appreciate all the "work" your doing. The gloss black on white looks awesome.

I just did some measurements for the wheels i'm going to run.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Might as well pull the gas cap and exhaust trim rings off and Black Chrome them. Now that you pulled the badges off the ides, those two pieces really stand out. The look is coming together.

REDBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, don't like black wheels. Never understood hiding the wheel design. Might as well save some money and just put full width black hubcaps on it.

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you need a spacer on all G3 wheels goung on a G5.

The rears are identical fitment. Fronts need to stick out about 0.70" further out to sit flush. All I had was a 0.50" spacer and some special lugs which gain that half inch of threads back. I wouldn't run them like this, it was just for photos.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If i want run G3 wheels, spacers on the front and rears are OK - correct?

The rears are identical fitment. Fronts need to stick out about 0.70" further out to sit flush. All I had was a 0.50" spacer and some special lugs which gain that half inch of threads back. I wouldn't run them like this, it was just for photos.

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If i want run G3 wheels, spacers on the front and rears are OK - correct?

G3 wheels will fit directly on the car, but the front wheels will just tuck about 3/4" inwards too far. They will work as-is, but look kinda funny up front. With a 1/2" billet spacer up front, they will also look right.

G3/G4 and G5 all have identical wheel backspacing front and rear. The difference is the front wheel on the G5 is 1/2 inch wider (10.5 vs 10.0) and that extra width is on the front lip.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The back space is not the only issue, the the outboard side of the caliphers could interfere. In other words isn't the G5 calipher deeper.

G3 wheels will fit directly on the car, but the front wheels will just tuck about 3/4" inwards too far. They will work as-is, but look kinda funny up front. With a 1/2" billet spacer up front, they will also look right.

G3/G4 and G5 all have identical wheel backspacing front and rear. The difference is the front wheel on the G5 is 1/2 inch wider (10.5 vs 10.0) and that extra width is on the front lip.

Last edited:

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice, I think they look pretty damn good... You plan on lowering it at all? Take an inch of wheel gap out and it would look perfect!

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The back space is not the only issue, the the outboard side of the caliphers could interfere. In other words isn't the G5 calipher deeper.

G3/4/5 all have the same calipers and same brake and spoke offset/clearance.

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice, I think they look pretty damn good... You plan on lowering it at all? Take an inch of wheel gap out and it would look perfect!

Yes, I bought the MCS coil-overs from Woodhouse. My other Viper is occupying my lift undergoing minor surgery, so I haven't installed them yet.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My question was more slanted towards G3 wheels. I need a set of track wheels that will not break the bank.

.[TreeQUOTE=Nine Ball;3198385]G3/4/5 all have the same calipers and same brake and spoke offset/clearance.[/QUOTE]

PeerBlock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These look better than the other ones in another thread. I think that a brushed metal or chrome lip would make these nicer.

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea I agree that these look better. The others were gaudy. I agree too that on a white car either a brushed metal with a chrome lip would look better. Or even a matte black wheel.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Those look great! Understand your primary business is selling new wheels and am wondering if you also offer a refinish service? I have a set of 6 Spokes and would love that black finish on them?

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They look great. How do the weights compare to like the sidewinder? I know SRT got that wheel amazingly light, like 22lbs or there abouts. The car is looking amazing, and I used to think I didn't like white, who knew.

pumpgas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tony, your car looks to sit much lower than some of the other Gen 5's I have seen. Did you lower it already in those pics?

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Understand your primary business is selling new wheels and am wondering if you also offer a refinish service? I have a set of 6 Spokes and would love that black finish on them?

Sorry, we only sell new wheels. Sounds like you are looking for a powdercoater. Google search powdercoating in your area.

How do the weights compare to like the sidewinder? I know SRT got that wheel amazingly light, like 22lbs or there abouts. The car is looking amazing, and I used to think I didn't like white, who knew.

The SRT Track Pack OEM wheels are amazingly lightweight. I wrote the specs down, will post them later. I'm keeping those for the track. This black set is heavier. The brushed gray stepped-lip wheels I posted last week are light, closer to the OEM wheels.

Tony, your car looks to sit much lower than some of the other Gen 5's I have seen. Did you lower it already in those pics?

Stock height. The front tires are taller than the OEM tires, so they fill the gap better. The Gen 5 isn't really that high in the air, it is just the tiny front tires that make them appear that way.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4