Most Inexpensive way to get a stock 94 to sound good

V10 PWRD

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Getting a stock 94 soon and would like to know the best way to make it "talk" when you hit the throttle without being too loud at cruising speed. We all know how quiet they are stock. Spending all my play money on the car and have to replenish the "kitty". Want it to sound good the least expensive route. Thanks for any help. Will be a member soon.:drive:

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cheapest way is to remove the cats... Simply cut em off and weld or clamp straight pipe. Thats the most advice I can give. Upgrade your membership.

:usa:

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cheapest way is to remove the cats... Simply cut em off and weld or clamp straight pipe. Thats the most advice I can give. Upgrade your membership.

:usa:

Dont remove the cats... remove the 40lbs rear muffler. Replace the muffler with a 2,5" pipe. Get 2 redneck truck rolled chrome tips and weld it together. Mine was like 250 bucks, including labor.

DSCN1635.JPG

Last edited:

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ask a simple question... If I knew the answer I wouldn't be deaf in my right ear. I'm lookin' to replace the Magnaflo muffler with Moroso this Spring (soon). It's kinda like the Christmas Story about the kid that wanted the Repeating BB Gun ...AKA you'll shoot your eye out!!!!

Best I can do is congrats you on your brandy new used Gen I .

ohiodoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a set of roe cats on my car and dynamax mufflers, Mine is little loud but sounds awesome and at cruising speed the engine noise is very minimal. I did the whole thing for about 450 I think.

newelly

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well I just put my roe exhaust on my 95 today and all Ican say is wow wha a blast...It even feels like theres more power..the sound is well... fantastic...easy install...I think im gana have to put earplugs in when i drive...lol...very little backfiring....feels like a new car....so if you have a gen 1 and want it to sound and feel good check out the good folks at roe...you wont be dissapointed...good price also...ok back off to make noise and get the neighbors talking about the noisy 53 year old that thinks he is twenty again.......vrommm vrommm

PittsburghRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I just put my roe exhaust on my 95 today and all Ican say is wow wha a blast...It even feels like theres more power..the sound is well... fantastic...easy install...I think im gana have to put earplugs in when i drive...lol...very little backfiring....feels like a new car....so if you have a gen 1 and want it to sound and feel good check out the good folks at roe...you wont be dissapointed...good price also...ok back off to make noise and get the neighbors talking about the noisy 53 year old that thinks he is twenty again.......vrommm vrommm

You say this is a new system with the longer muffler and it is still very loud? I have had a new original ROE system (high flow cats with 15" Borla mufflers) sitting in my garage for over a year and a half and never installed it because I was worrled about the noise level. The only thing I don't like about the ROE system is that you have to cut up your stock exhaust. I guess i'll buy another factory exhaust to cut up just in case I don't like the amount of noise.

newelly

Viper Owner
Reaction score
well for me it would be loud as I normally dont modify...however the onlything I did not likein the viper was the mild sound...I am sure some amongst us will say its not to loud i thinks its one of those things that you like or hate right after you try it...in any case I am sure it will be easy to put the old system back on...like you i considered bying a used factory system just in case...but then threw caution to the wind...I think this exhuast system will please most gen 1 people young and old..take my loud as comming from a older person that leads a sheltered life...however given how this system sounds im inclined to forget that way of life just this once...

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No matter how hard you try a gen 1 car (and I have one) is always going to sound like a UPS truck. Loud or "quiet" the note is the same.

Quicksilver

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Flowmaster hushpowers, no cats, 2.5" exhaust. Fairly loud at hard acceleration, but nice and mellow at cruising speeds....

Rick

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
for those that use just 3' pipe, how do you get around emissions when getting inspected? in my state, they have linked the computers that do registrations and inspections. i used to just not get my cars inspected and no cops ever looked for the sticker. now i get notices in the mail. i take it that it will fail inspection?