Most noticeable thing about the SRT-10 was

Mike L

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The lack of attention that the car demanded. There were scores of people surrounding Slithrn's supercharged blue/white '97 GTS but it looked like the main admirers of the SRT-10 were only us.
I would definitely call it "understated" I guess.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From a VOI 7 drive.Very quiet,quick,forgiving,not eye catching. A *** version of a gen 1 and 2 car. Not as exciting to drive as my 01 gts. Bruce

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my opinion the new SRT-10's stock exhaust sounded much stronger than a stock GTS or RT/10. While watching one lapping at the Nashville Speedway it was very evident the sound of the stock exhaust was much louder than the stock Gen 1 and 2's on the track at the same time.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly who still has a stock exhaust system on a gen2? They sounded Hooverish from the factory. You gotta cover your ears when behind my GTS, although I still lost the rev contest at ******* to a Camaro.

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manasas... exactly. You are comparing the stock 2003 sound against aftermarket exhaust. The 2003 has a much better stock sound than the Gen 1 & 2 stock sound. Granted it will be much improved when new exhaust and headers are installed. I for one can't wait till I hear I have a VIN # assigned on my 2003 SRT-10.

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
*** SRT?

Man, you have got a problem. The SRT is great, I have got one coming, and I would NOT go back to my beloved SRT as I want the IMPROVEMENTS!

If you don't like the SRT, so be it! Did I say your ***, the GTS is ***, or that you NEED a Viper to satisfy you lack of security?

Think about it! We are a club of enthusiasts who supposedly like to DRIVE a great machine.

So, why say something insulting to those of us who are buying it? Oops! I guess I fired back and I feel arrogant.

I am feeling very insecure right now. Please, forgive me.

Jim

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
GTS Bruce;

What I meant to say was "I would not want to go back to my beloved RT-10".

Heck, it was "Hot Pink" and one of a kind. Drew a heck of a crowd in New York though. Wow, they got some attitudes out there in them big cities!

They is way more civilized than us *** folk in the cornfields. I gotta say, those New York guys likes to wear black leather and got some pretty hairdo's!

Check E-BAY for that Hot Pink. I think you will find it a great home in the "big apple".

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4