Most unhappy day with the Viper

CPPRHD265

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, this has got to be the worst day of Viper ownership for me...

Who the hell came up with the idea of putting that @&^#@$* little 10mm nut all the way up there in the sidesill!!!

One down, one to go... need more beer... And yes, I'm putting a "hole" for a 10mm socket at the notch so I never have to do this again. I swear they have some little Japaneese woman at Conner just to install those things.

Anyway, question. Has anyone found any tricks to pulliing out the factory exahust? My arm is getting tired beating on the muffler with a DB hammer and a piece of wood.

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SawzAll did it for me. I tried to get it to come off like the way you are, but it would not move. After about an hour of trying...I got the saw and cut it out! It's not going back in so it didn't matter to me.

OP
OP
C

CPPRHD265

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's not a trick, that's cheating! I may decide to go that route if I don't make any progress on it tonight.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I run into slip-fit exhaust pipes that won't budge (assuming there aren't any crimp-cuts along the length of the connection area), the first thing I try is to wrap a cold, wet cloth around the pipe that goes on the inside, and use a heat gun to warm up the pipe that is the outer-pipe. If you heat the outer pipe carefully, it will expand a little bit faster than the inner pipe, and it should loosen the connection. A shot of PB Blaster in the joint is also a good idea. A pneumatic hammer against a solid point on the pipe will usually separate them if you can't pull/twist them apart. Just don't put a hole through your pipe/muffler/cat when using the pneumatic hammer.

OP
OP
C

CPPRHD265

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found a relay down in my drivers sidesill. I can guess how it got down there, and that it was just easier on my "Viper Tech" to go grab a new one off the shelf and say "F it, he'll never know"....

Omron 21911C 05269988AA

Only one person worked on my car since I've owned it, and *I* think I'd remember dropping a relay down there :p

1HOTV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some people put a small hole in the wheel well behind the fender edge if you are planing to take it off again.

OP
OP
C

CPPRHD265

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the first post... Thanks for the thought though :)

One down, one to go... need more beer... And yes, I'm putting a "hole" for a 10mm socket at the notch so I never have to do this again.

Well, I got everything off without resorting to the saw. Hell, getting the crossover out in one piece was a walk in the park compaired to that damn passenger side muffler!

Is there any real value to the stock exahust?

OP
OP
C

CPPRHD265

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Martin, thanks for the tips. I tried it on the drivers side. I heated up the outside pipe behind the muffler and kept the inside part wrapped in a wet towel. After a couple minutes, I used my ( now wrecked, RIP ) deadblow hammer and a piece of 2x4 to start seperating the joint. Funny thing though, that joint was stuck so bad, the front joint started to slip! So, I abandoned the rear joint, and worked on the front instead. I got the whole shebang out in one piece on that side.

OP
OP
C

CPPRHD265

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was a valiant hammer. He performed his duty, right till the end. Your life was cut short, rest in peace friend.

picture.php

Purchased 09/01/2009 15:25
Deceased 09/01/2009 18:40

What a travisty... I wonder if AutoZone will take it back... :)

MattInNC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
He was a valiant hammer. He performed his duty, right till the end. Your life was cut short, rest in peace friend.

picture.php

Funniest crap I've seen in awhile! :lmao:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
A little late here...but a generous dose of Kroil on those joints goes a long way to making life easier...especially if you can dose it a couple of times before you try to remove things.

KanoLabs.com

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

picture.php

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: