Motofloor at Costco?

ViperRichRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome looking flooring at costco.com called motofloor. Great price on sale now. Anyone use it before or know anything about it? if you try to log on to motofloor.com you get redirected to racedeck.com??? Someone must know something....let us know.

Thanks,

Rich

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My floor is painted. I use a roll out rubber mat in the winter. If I leave the mat down in the summer, humidity is a real problem. Roll back the mat and it is covered in water underneath. I am curious if this deck tile will hold moisture like a rubber mat.

I work on my car a lot. I spill fluids all the time. If fluids get under the tiles, it could create a long term smell.

I may one day install tiles, but for now, I will stick with epoxy paint.

lobo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My garage floor is carpeted. It was that way when I bought the house and I was agast when I saw it and two cars parked on it, but after I tried it I'll never go back to anything else...it's been 8 years and I still like it. I've built two street rods and dozens of firearms on it and it makes for a real comfortable floor for these old bones and flat feet.

Yeah it gets oil spots and I have to blow it off with the air hose occassionally and once in awhile it gets scorched places from the welder, but who cares.

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My garage floor is carpeted. It was that way when I bought the house and I was agast when I saw it and two cars parked on it, but after I tried it I'll never go back to anything else...it's been 8 years and I still like it. I've built two street rods and dozens of firearms on it and it makes for a real comfortable floor for these old bones and flat feet.

Yeah it gets oil spots and I have to blow it off with the air hose occassionally and once in awhile it gets scorched places from the welder, but who cares.

:eek: Wonder what your insurance company would think of you welding on an oil soaked carpet?

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Motofloor is made by racedeck. I have not heard anythng bad about it but I am partial to to Sportcourt products. If I recall it was only avail in white and black at costco. DO NOT put white tile in your garage. It will look terrible in a weeks time.

lots of discussion on tile can be found www.garagejournal.com

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have Race deck in my garage and like it...
It is Black and White and as zen said, the white is kind of a beeoch to keep clean but looks great when it is....Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is the bomb...
You must be registered for see images attach

Cheers,

OP
OP
V

ViperRichRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I placed the order tonight on Costco.com. If I don't like it, Costco has a great return policy, return it to the store and they will refund cost including shipping! I will post pictures once I get it and install. Thanks for your input.

Rich :2tu:

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What were they charging for the flooring?

On sale until July 2: http://tinyurl.com/jxxka

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Productgroup.aspx?whse=&topnav=&prodid=11038308&ec=BC-EC8179-ProdID11134043&pos=0F

I see that in addition to Black and White, they have Charcoal. Anyone have that color in their garage to show or comment on? The only reasons that I am considering tile is that I have way too much stuff to move out of the garage for the length of time that the epoxy cures. Also, I have a "plan" that involves moving in 2-4 years. Only thing is, I want a lighter color. Also, I do a lot of work in the garage, and think that tile just won't stand up over the years.

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like my Race Deck, as said the white tiles need a little more cleaning a couple times a year. I had the same problem, too much stuff to leave outside for 2-3 days to do a epoxy floor.

4126DSC00355-med.JPG
4126DSC00536-med.JPG

You can even put a lift on top of it.

vipergts2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A carpeted garage? That is something I would like to see. Never would imagine that.

You must be registered for see images

Here is a pic of my friends old garage floor that was carpeted. It was awesome.

You must be registered for see images