moton settings for street and track????

TommyG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello all,

Just wondering from those who have the moton clubsports on your snake what you run for street and road course?

I have 500lb front and 800lb rear eibach springs and at the moment I have 125psi front cans and 150psi rear. They came with 185psi new.

I think I have mine set at 3 compression and 2 rebound for front and 3/3 on rear. Prior to that I had each comp/rebound set at one click stiffer all around but it was a bit to stiff.

On the current setting it feels less stiff but still planted up front but the rear still is bouncy.

Running 295/30/19's up front and 335/30/20's rear ps2's set at 30lb's on heavy Iforged Revs.

Took the snake to storage and picked up my C6Z which is running the eibach pro calloway coilovers and boy what a ride. I had not driven the vette in some time so I forgot what it road like. It feels much more planted and no bouncy bouncy in the rear. I took the vette to 130 today and the ride gave me lots of confidence. I wish I could say that about my snake. Even with the motons I am still saying prayers I don't hit a bump in the road in the snake at 130, I want to have that confidence in my snake too.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
TommyG,

My .02 cents is as follows:

1 - Increase the nitrogen pressure in the canisters to a minimum of 150 psi all around. 175 would be better. FYI at 100 psi or less, the fluid in the shock will boil. It needs pressure to keep it liquid and working correctly.

2 - Set the fronts at 2 clicks from full soft compression, 3 rebound. Same for the rears.

3 - The small sidewalls of the 19 / 20 combo will not help the ride quality in any car. You can let a bit of air out and that will help. Try 28 psi.

Good luck,

Dan

OP
OP
T

TommyG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dan,

Thanks for the reply. Do you have the portable tank like Tom Nader sells or a tank at home. Just wondering where I should go to add some psi? The rep at moton was the one who suggested going to 125ft/150rear for street, I forget his name?

I'll try your set up and see how it feels. BTW, my side walls on the 295/30 19's and 335/30/20's are actually quite tall, even a tad taller than stock so I was supprised you mentioned that. I'm sure the heavy wheel tire combo can't help though. Thanks!

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What Viperx says is similar to what I do. 150psi all around (I have toms fill kit) and I do 2 clicks front and 3 back. Works very well for the track on my car. Hope that helps. On the street I keep it around 125psi and do 3 click all around makes for a very nice ride!

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I run my pressure at 175 all the time on the street. At the track I do dial it up to 185. I just like the more aggressive ride. I took some weight off of each corner with stoptechs and lighter rim/tire setup so it is not as jarring as the stock setup.

Compression i have set at 3 all around and rebound I have 2 from 3 back.

What Viperx says is similar to what I do. 150psi all around (I have toms fill kit) and I do 2 clicks front and 3 back. Works very well for the track on my car. Hope that helps. On the street I keep it around 125psi and do 3 click all around makes for a very nice ride!

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
TommyG,

I bought a tank and pieced together a nitrogen shock filling set up before Tom developed his kit.

I'd buy his kit now if I were in the market.

Dan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi